Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | NJ QRP Club Fireball 40 Help

Reviews Summary for NJ QRP Club Fireball 40
NJ QRP Club Fireball 40 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $10 basic, 27 complete
Description: QRPp transmitter
More info: http://www.njqrp.org/fireball40/index.html

You can write your own review of the NJ QRP Club Fireball 40.

KC0GXX Rating: 4/5 Jun 3, 2000 01:09 Send this review to a friend
Fun, but takes more than 1/2 hour!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This was my first attempt at "meltin' solder" to build a rig. I thought that the Fireball 40 would be an ideal choice. It was, with some reservations. The rig took about three weeks to be delivered, after two e-mails also. It was not quite complete, and I thought I had ordered "the whole thing". It was supposed to have included the fireball 40, the optional "tic" keyer, the optional amp, and the T/R circuit. It had almost everything, but I had to add my own transistor to complete the "optional sidetone" part of the rig. No bigee. It sure took me more than 1/2 hour, needless to say! The instructions were fairly complete, though after you wound and installed the toroid coils on the amp, the instructions say "now add the rest of the components to the board".. Not too definite for newbies like me! What does it sound like? Well, honestly, I have not tested the kit with the optional amp. I did test just the Fireball and got a respectable 40 milliwatt sig out and up into my 40 meter dipole. Right at 7.080mHz, as advertised! I am really anxious to see if I can reach anyone with this rig. All aside, it was a real good learning experience, and I would recommend it for anyone with any experience at all with soldering. Good fun! Good work George! Hpe to CUL! Tuna Tin 2 here I come!!!
KCGXX