Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | CG-3000 Automatic Antenna Tuner 10 - 200 WATT .PEP Help

Reviews Summary for CG-3000 Automatic Antenna Tuner 10 - 200 WATT .PEP
CG-3000 Automatic Antenna Tuner  10 -  200 WATT .PEP Reviews: 35 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$320
Description: CG3000 Automatic Antenna Tuner. Covers all HAM bands from 1.8- 30 Mhz Continuously. It can fit long wire, mobile whip, vertical antenna, dipole antenna(without balun), etc.
More info: http://www.cgantenna.com

You can write your own review of the CG-3000 Automatic Antenna Tuner 10 - 200 WATT .PEP.

SQ5TSS Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2017 13:22 Send this review to a friend
best  Time owned: more than 12 months
The best Tuner

PA9X Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2016 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I only have limited space and wanted to have an antenna covering at least 80 to 15 m. I got the CG-3000 and connected it to a 26 ft (8 m) high elevated 31 ft (9.4m) tall vertical. I attached a bunch of radials from 10 ft (3 m) up to 60 ft (18 m) long, which are sloping down. I can tune the vertical easily from 160 m to 10 m.

The combination does quite a good DX job on 40 m up to 15 m. On 80 m it's more nice for NVIS. On 160 m it's quite inefficient, but still able to work across the EU.

I recently bought a new one after the old one was damaged by lightning. The new series are a bit more faster in tuning.

HB9FIH Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2016 08:51 Send this review to a friend
Work well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For current qth (EA8) i got this together with FT450D.
Ant: ZS6BKW here made with fishing poles and 1.5mm2 wire high 7m.
I worked with all bands from 80-10m. Best ones are 20/17/10m this because the location here (high mountain against N-E)
The tuner always remembers most time the earlier settings. Only sometimes i have to reset by remote control eg when changing QRG from CW to SSB 14030 -> 14317
I am very satified with CG-3000

PA4URK Rating: 4/5 Sep 8, 2013 11:20 Send this review to a friend
Spurious signals on CG-3000  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using the CG-3000 now for about three months and I'm reasonably satisfied about it. The antenna which the CG-3000 tunes is an eight meter long Comrod vertical, a professional antenna which is normally used on board of ships. On my roof I've laid out three radials of ten meters long, the aluminium edge around the roof is used as counterpoise and there is also a three meter copper rod into the earth. The tuner does what it has to do from 10 to 160 meters. But... it doesn't work from about 22 to 26 mC and on the CB band and 10 meter band I only hear the realy very loud stations. A negative incidental of the CG-3000 is that since I use this tuner I have on these high bands also a lot of loud spurous signals which come out of the CG-3000. On all the other bands it's working great, even on 160 meters. Although on this band working with 100 watts with this small antenna I see that SWR is changing while working on this band.

ON8ON Rating: 0/5 May 22, 2013 07:01 Send this review to a friend
Zero after market in Belgium ... but very nice ATU  Time owned: more than 12 months
The zero/5 is not for the ATU, because he have working fine over 4 years to tune my 20" vertical and then my non-resonant rotable dipole from 18" with hat cap. Tune from 160m to 6m. With 450w pep and 250w digi. After big rain impossible to tune some bands. I put it down from the tower and check inside ... I find one relay in strange shape ( smelt ), when i have replace this one i have recover fews bands. But not all ... I have Email to the company in China, answer ... they said to send the ATU in Belgium in a office to send it back for repair to China...But this persoon after my call said to wait because he don't now what to do ... New Email in China and nothing ...

I have put back one of my two CG3000 and work very fine ... but limited power.

SO for the CG3000 5/5 - CG5000 3/5
but 0/5 for the CG company ! 73 de ON8ON de YVES

M0TCF Rating: 4/5 Jan 21, 2013 02:52 Send this review to a friend
Top bit of kit!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having read all the reviews I could find about this coupler, I decided to let Santa treat me to one! As a relatively new operator, I haven't had my shack up and running long, with only an age'd FT757GX running 10 Watts into a half size G5RV via a Yaesu auto ATU. Various comments were passed by visiting friends that my radio seemed a little deaf (harumph!!). I just put it down to the age of the gear etc.

So it was with a great deal of surprise on my part when, having installed the unit (which turned out to be very simple) and connected it to a 40 feet length of wire arranged in an inverted 'L' at about 20 feet high that my radio suddenly came alive, almost like it had been connected to the Internet!!! Signals that neither my G5RV or Cushcraft RN6000 could pick out of the background noise suddenly burst forth on bands, that until then, I thought were dead due to the time of year and prevailing conditions!

The only real fly in the ointment is the instruction book (sheet really) - okay, I accept it doesn't need to be as detailed like that for an FT2000 etc. but there are some ambiguities in it and some poor translation to boot. Tidy this aspect up and I would happily give it 5 out of 5 every time.!

Having received some advice via email from a fellow ham operating in sunny Crete, I have now decided to run a 103' length of wire, which I am assured will work even better than the short length I have up right now....... To be honest I'm so pleased with this unit that I plan to get another so I can use it mobile.

A word of warning - as if it were needed, but there are muppets out there - reduce the power when tuning ALWAYS! The circuit does not like it when you plow 150 to 200 Watts into it whilst its tuning a band for the first time, seems obvious but to one or two it isn't..(D'Oh)........ As a precaution, as the info sheet does not list such specifics as min/max temperature operating range, I mounted mine unit inside an exterior grade plastic box, as used to mount electric meters etc. Electro mechanical devices definitely don't like rapid changes in temp or extremes of either!!

HTH 73's Lin.

PY1FA Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2012 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Auto Tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months

In practical terms, the CG-3000 took the advantage of being very fast in tune, keep the memories tuned in bands previously, facility in connection cables (coaxial and 12V). In contrast, the AH-4, I had to open it to loosen the coax, and use an external tuner box to trigger the system. Already in the CG-3000, just put the 10W, inject the carrier in AM/FM or CW and ready. The Icom, according to the manufacturer, supports up to 120W, as the CG-3000, 200W.

K0EKL Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2012 17:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
My CG3000 has been flawless during the four years I've owned it. I use it on all bands from 160 thru 6 meters feeding a 178 foot inverted L, With which I managed to work all states on 160m in only 10 days.

IZ4UFQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2011 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Works perfectly  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My only HF antenna is a vertical 40 feet (12 meters) wire inside a Spiderbeam fibreglass pole, installed on my roof. I have set up 8 radials (of different length, not cut to any particular length) on the roof, and connected this setup to the CG-3000. I own a IC9100 and no amplifier, but anyway I have been able to work a lot of DX with 100W and this really economic homebrew antenna.

I have built a really simple control box to connect the IC9100 with the CG3000, so I can tune at the push of a button and I have a LED that shows when the tuning is done.

The CG3000 works flawlessly and tunes 160 to 10 meters on my 12,5 meters long vertical wire. It's very fast and I quite always get less than 1.5:1 SWR. I tunes with 10W but it does not tune with 5 W or less, so you cannot use it with a QRP rig.

It does not tune on 50 MHz, but this is by design. Some CG-3000 do work on 50 MHz and some don't, it's only guaranteed to work on 160 to 10 meters.

ON4VP Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2011 02:47 Send this review to a friend
Great in combination with verticale antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an update on a previous review that I wrote a few years ago. Last month I bought myself a second unit. I used the CG-3000 in the past with good results. Because I don't like putting out more than 60 radials on the lawn, I choose to elevate the radials. I've put up six with a lenght aprox. 1/4 wavelenght for 80 meters. The CG-3000 is mounted on a 12ft aluminum pole. The six radials run down to aprox. 3ft above the lawn. They are isolated guy wires to so the pole is held in position. On top of this pole I mounted a 33ft tall fiberglas mast with the antenna wire inside.

Different from last time I now supply the 12VDC trough the coax cable by using two MFJ bias-tee adapters. This way I don't need a separate dc cable.

The antenna performs very good from 6 to 40 meters. 80 and 160 are ok but I could improve signals when longer elements would be used. The CG-3000 finds a perfect match on all 9 bands with swr between 1.1/1 and 1.4/1 all the time. Tuning is fast. I'm very happy with this setup.

The CG-3000 makes it possible to work all bands with one antenna. Pictures of the setup can be found http://www.qrz.com/db/on4vp.