Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | NJ QRP Club Tuna Tin 2 Help

Reviews Summary for NJ QRP Club Tuna Tin 2
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $10.00
Description: QRPp transmitter
More info: http://www.njqrp.org/tuna/index.html

You can write your own review of the NJ QRP Club Tuna Tin 2.

VA7AAX Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2007 10:03 Send this review to a friend
good kit!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i got mine from the maine QRP club. it was delivered in a week and i built it with help as it was my first project. i still have to build the low pass filter but everything else is in place. i checked it on a dummy load and it has a very good tone . very good kit and very simple.

KB3GWP Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2006 08:19 Send this review to a friend
quick transmitter kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased my kit from The Maine QRP Group for $18

The kit was delivered quickly and all the parts were the right values. The inductors were toroids and the directions made winding them easy and fun. With the red magnet wire and the yellow toroid (included) it really looks nice. Like a decoration. It would seem like a shame to hide it in a case.

The signal into a dummy load sounds real good but I haven't tried it on the air. My code speed is pretty slow and I just can't talk myself into letting a computer de-code any answers I might get. Besides, it becomes less portable if you have to drag a computer along in order to use it. Someday I'll rig up a dipole and give it a try even if I have to arrange a QSO with some local ham. For now I'll just listen and try to copy CW better (quicker).

This is a good kit to get started in CW. Buying from a ham club helps to support their club and since it is put together by a ham who does it because he wants to not specifically to make a profit you get a good quality kit for a fair price. You could also scratch build one if you wanted since the schematics and directions, etc. are all on the web.

An old design but a good design. Built and used by many hams for many years. I hope to someday USE mine.

AC7CF Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2000 18:45 Send this review to a friend
Cool little rig!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this kit about 2 and a half weeks after I ordered it. It took me about a half hour to put the PCB together, and another 2 hours or so to finish the tuna can, and get everything wired and put together. So far no contacts, because I don't have a working 40 meter antenna yet, but it sounds great in my receiver with a dummy load connected. I am putting an MRX-40 receiver together to go with this rig. Sure is fun!

Andrew AC7CF
ac7cf@qsl.net

W0HXS Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2000 23:41 Send this review to a friend
The TT2 really is a historically important QRP rig .  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When you have read whats been written of this little half watt rig ,and realize it has a 25+ year history going to near the beginning of solid state, it has to grab you. Like many others I had to have one. The Jersey QRP club and George Heron N2APB are making it possible. It's easy, good and works well too. My first contact at 7.o43MH was another TT2. There are more elaborate QRP kits but they make it complete except for your choice of spdt switch and a few inches of hook up wire for under $20.

WA1GJF Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2000 09:52 Send this review to a friend
A worthwhile project!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Although it took over a month to get the kit, assembly was a snap. Even winding the toroids was easy, as the instructions walked me through the process.This is a fun kit even for experienced builders, and a great introduction to new builders. Yes, 1/2 watt works! I am putting a Pixie 2 in the can as a receiver, making this a $25.00 tranceiver!!