Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP Help

Reviews Summary for TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP
TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP Reviews: 170 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $450.
Description: LP-100A Digital Vector wattmeter with complex impedance display (R+jX) / autoranging 50mW to 3KW (5 & 10KW options) / bright, fast Graphic VFD display / simultaneous display of POWER and SWR (or REF PWR) in numerical & bargraph form. Additional displays for dBm, RL, compression & calibrated field strength in dBm. Automatic band-by-band power correction with built-in frequency counter / peak hold mode / flash upgradeable firmware / serial interface / free control, monitoring and plotting software / SWR alarm / NIST traceable calibration / much more.
More info: http://www.telepostinc.com/

You can write your own review of the TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP.

BG2WRJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2017 01:32 Send this review to a friend
very good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a very good device, I really like it

EA3HSO Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2017 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Amazing piece of gear  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having had mine (twin coupler model) for a week, I have to say I'm really impressed. Immediate response, auto ranging, swr alarm/protection, clear readout and really good quality build, plus Larry's excellent customer service.
This us a big step up from regular watt meters, but this is much more than a Watt meter!

And it's built by a ham :)

NG0Z Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2017 14:48 Send this review to a friend
A Simple But Precise Addition to the Station  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My Icom IC-PW1 has an SWR Meter and Wattmeter but the wattmeter isn't quick enough to give an accurate peak power so I picked up the LP-100a.

It's very sensitive and accurate and is easily read at a glance.

It's not inexpensive but it is very well made aesthetically and to the touch. I don't play with the advanced modes and features, I just did the plug and play and it does what it's supposed to do.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2016 15:32 Send this review to a friend
Stunning  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I agonized over this purchase for a long time. Having been retired for 15 years, I don't have the disposable income I once did.
However, seeing all the CB amp builders on YouTube using them, I jumped in. I have purchased a lot of 'ham built' in my 55 years of hamming, but the quality of Larry's unit exceeded my every expectation.
From the packaging to the build quality of both the sensor and the unit itself, it is TOP NOTCH!

While the unit has far more functions than I may ever use, it's ready to go out of the box. Today, I started to program my call into it and was surprised it was already in memory!

Excellent documentation. Worth every penny and more.

ron
N4UE

KD0ZV Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2016 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Additional info (dual coupler)  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the LP100a for over a year and its worked without issues. I also have a PowerMaster that has a failing display. I just added the dual coupler option to the LP-100 and added a second coupler. Works great and the auto switching is seamless so this will replace my PowerMaster so I can no take it out of line. Highly recommend option.

W2NER Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2016 21:14 Send this review to a friend
Always wanted one  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
For years I have always wanted one but could never justify the cost. I have been through at least a dozen meters and they all fall short. I came across this from a fellow HAM for a good price. Best money I ever spent, if you can get one don't wait. You will only toss money into the wind with the others.

F4HPX Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2016 02:11 Send this review to a friend
Working as advertized !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got mine on Friedrichshafen 2016.
Working as advertized and far more accurate compared to MFJ Tuners indicators... from few watts from my FT817ND to hundreds watts from AL-811H.
I love it and it's now an integral part of my shack.

N3US Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2016 17:32 Send this review to a friend
Excelllent and Easy to USe  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Quick Start Manual is excellent and I felt comfortable with the LP-100A within minutes of hooking it up. Even changing the screen saver to my call sign was a snap. Being an old timer, I was concerned with using a Digital Meter rather than an Analog meter for tuning up my Alpha Amplifier. However, the bar graph meter works great for tweaking my Amplifier. The meter construction is solid and the display is excellent. Wish I had purchased sooner!

KJ4EOZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2016 19:41 Send this review to a friend
I was missing out !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
1st off let me say when I ordered my LP100A I sent a email to N8LP asking if I could have it to me before the weekend . Not only did I get a email back but also a phone call regards to my request on having it in my hands before the weekend with full understanding why I wanted as fast as I did . So it was in my hands on Friday . Now as the LP100A it self go's .. What a great meter . Well meter is not what I should call it . It's much more then a meter . It's not a Daiwa or a Diamond . It's a instrument Yes it measures Power and SWR with great accuracy but also does much more . Like extra level of protection for my amplifiers . Ok so it was $470 to the door but think what would you pay for a good 3,000 watt power / SWR meter and add to that what you would pay for a antenna analyzer . And this thing still does more then that . So at the end of the day I'm very happy best instrument for my shack I have ever owned . N2WOF

SP7IDX Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2016 10:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product   Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't believe that I've operated this long without using this meter. Once you look at the accuracy and the other features that this meter has, you will too. The addition protection features make it a must have for anyone operating an amplifier.
Great product, es great customer service