Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP Help

Reviews Summary for TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP
TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP Reviews: 166 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $450.
Description: LP-100A Digital Vector wattmeter with complex impedance display (R+jX) / autoranging 50mW to 3KW (5 & 10KW options) / bright, fast Graphic VFD display / simultaneous display of POWER and SWR (or REF PWR) in numerical & bargraph form. Additional displays for dBm, RL, compression & calibrated field strength in dBm. Automatic band-by-band power correction with built-in frequency counter / peak hold mode / flash upgradeable firmware / serial interface / free control, monitoring and plotting software / SWR alarm / NIST traceable calibration / much more.

You can write your own review of the TelePost Inc. LP-100A Digital Vector Wattmeter by N8LP.

KD0ZV Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2016 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Additional info (dual coupler)  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the LP100a for over a year and its worked without issues. I also have a PowerMaster that has a failing display. I just added the dual coupler option to the LP-100 and added a second coupler. Works great and the auto switching is seamless so this will replace my PowerMaster so I can no take it out of line. Highly recommend option.
W2NER Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2016 21:14 Send this review to a friend
Always wanted one  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
For years I have always wanted one but could never justify the cost. I have been through at least a dozen meters and they all fall short. I came across this from a fellow HAM for a good price. Best money I ever spent, if you can get one don't wait. You will only toss money into the wind with the others.
F4HPX Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2016 02:11 Send this review to a friend
Working as advertized !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got mine on Friedrichshafen 2016.
Working as advertized and far more accurate compared to MFJ Tuners indicators... from few watts from my FT817ND to hundreds watts from AL-811H.
I love it and it's now an integral part of my shack.

N3US Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2016 17:32 Send this review to a friend
Excelllent and Easy to USe  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Quick Start Manual is excellent and I felt comfortable with the LP-100A within minutes of hooking it up. Even changing the screen saver to my call sign was a snap. Being an old timer, I was concerned with using a Digital Meter rather than an Analog meter for tuning up my Alpha Amplifier. However, the bar graph meter works great for tweaking my Amplifier. The meter construction is solid and the display is excellent. Wish I had purchased sooner!
KJ4EOZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2016 19:41 Send this review to a friend
I was missing out !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
1st off let me say when I ordered my LP100A I sent a email to N8LP asking if I could have it to me before the weekend . Not only did I get a email back but also a phone call regards to my request on having it in my hands before the weekend with full understanding why I wanted as fast as I did . So it was in my hands on Friday . Now as the LP100A it self go's .. What a great meter . Well meter is not what I should call it . It's much more then a meter . It's not a Daiwa or a Diamond . It's a instrument Yes it measures Power and SWR with great accuracy but also does much more . Like extra level of protection for my amplifiers . Ok so it was $470 to the door but think what would you pay for a good 3,000 watt power / SWR meter and add to that what you would pay for a antenna analyzer . And this thing still does more then that . So at the end of the day I'm very happy best instrument for my shack I have ever owned . N2WOF
SP7IDX Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2016 10:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product   Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't believe that I've operated this long without using this meter. Once you look at the accuracy and the other features that this meter has, you will too. The addition protection features make it a must have for anyone operating an amplifier.
Great product, es great customer service
AE8J Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2015 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Exceeds Expectations  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It is seldom that a purchase of ham radio equipment exceeds ones expectations. Especially when it comes to a $500.00 wattmeter as expectations are already pretty lofty. This instrument is truly amazing. After purchasing the meter I liked it so much that I wanted to add another directional coupler to auto switch between two antennas. One call to Larry and he shipped the daughter board kit to provide the second channel and a directional coupler kit.
Directions were provided on his website and were easy to follow. I planned on having to calibrate the meter for the second coupler but comparison tests between the one I assembled and the factory assembled coupler was less than one watt!
N5PI Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2015 21:11 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding, Plug & Play  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Shipping was fast! Even I could hook it up in 15 minutes or less. Tuned my antenna with a Rig Expert, Swr reading was 1.02, turned on the LP-100A and keyed my radio and it read 1.02 SWR. Good enough for me!
N8WGM Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2015 07:49 Send this review to a friend
Precision. Fast. Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I cannot add much more to the reviews already posted.

Just received my LP100A and it was very easy to hook up. Looks great and it was easy to get used to instead of looking at a needle bouncing around.

My previous meter was an Ameritron AWM-30. While a great meter, the LP100A is far superior.

The precision of the meter is excellent. Having numbers in front of you is the way to go. Much better to see how the amp or transceiver is working as the numbers tell the story.

Not only does it serve as a SWR / Power meter, it also can do vector readings and also antenna plotting. A nice touch is the connection to a computer to use the free program to watch the meter on the computer screen.

Fast shipping for sure. I put my order in on Saturday afternoon and had it by Monday.

All I can say is that if you had any doubts about spending almost 500 dollars for a meter, put that aside and get this. You will not regret it.
KD0ZV Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2015 15:41 Send this review to a friend
Not my first quality meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had many quality meters over the years and until now my array solutions has been my favorite. Now, the LP-100a meter is the main meter I use. Nothing wrong with the Array Solutions but I prefer the Telepost and extra features. This thing would be over the top if someone would take the software a step further.