Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | N8LP/TelePost Inc.- LP-100/A Digital Vector Wattmeter Help

Reviews Summary for N8LP/TelePost Inc.- LP-100/A Digital Vector Wattmeter
N8LP/TelePost Inc.- LP-100/A Digital Vector Wattmeter Reviews: 156 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $435.
Description: LP-100A Digital Vector wattmeter with complex impedance display (R+jX) / autoranging 50mW to 3KW (5 & 10KW options) / bright, fast Graphic VFD display / simultaneous display of POWER and SWR (or REF PWR) in numerical & bargraph form. Additional displays for dBm, RL, compression & calibrated field strength in dBm. Automatic band-by-band power correction with built-in frequency counter / peak hold mode / flash upgradeable firmware / serial interface / free control, monitoring and plotting software / SWR alarm / NIST traceable calibration / much more.
More info: http://www.telepostinc.com/

You can write your own review of the N8LP/TelePost Inc.- LP-100/A Digital Vector Wattmeter.

KI0Z Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2014 09:05 Send this review to a friend
Perfection  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What more can I say . the Best I have ever used !!...you will be happy with this unit. !!
Great for QRO to QRP......WOW....!QUALITY and OH so Much MORE........ Thank you Larry.

K7NG Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2014 08:53 Send this review to a friend
Best choice  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I did a lot of research on multifunction watt/SWR meters before settling on the LP-100A. The decision was not easy because I only knew of one nearby ham who owned one of the candidates, so the selection was very much related to specifications and claimed capabilities. Finally I decided that from prior experience with some of N8LP's products, odds were good that I'd be happy with the LP-100A. For once I was correct... The product does everything exactly as advertised, and I did my very best to determine that every measurement is accurate. It's very accurate indeed. And FAST. I can capture RF transients from radio equipment with ease. I can't gripe about anything it does.

One remark which doesn't reflect at all on the LP-100a performance: As I am involved in assembling and building an EME station, I would surely like to see a high power VHF/UHF coupler model coming out...

SP7IDX Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2013 01:09 Send this review to a friend
BEST OF THE BEST   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The best meter -A superb !
This is the last power/swr meter I will ever need
Larry N8LP.-Super Job ! Great Product !.
VY 73
Waldi
SP7IDX

N5FW Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2013 12:19 Send this review to a friend
Great meter!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Accurate and simple to use and setup. Kind of expensive-but good gear is. I had one issue, and Larry called me back on the weekend! How is that for support!

N5FW

K8EAB Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2013 07:43 Send this review to a friend
Great Customer Support!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased an LP-100 several years ago, and after more than a year of use, the display began degrading ... this was a known problem, and when I finally had almost no display left, I contacted Larry to arrange for him to replace the display ... I sent the unit to him about a month before the annual Dayton Hamvention and we agreed I would pick up the repaired unit at his boot in the Hara Arena ...

When I picked up the unit, I was surprised to see a note on the box that said NO CHARGE ... I had not expected that, but I very much appreciated the consideration ...

It took me many months of using the unit with the newer display (which works fantastically well!) before I realized that when I powered up my LP-100, the power-on banner indicated the firmware was LP-100A ... not only a new display, but also a firmware upgrade!

Larry and Telepost have great products for amateur radio station use ... the reviews are testimony to that ... I'm writing to say how good the customer support is as well ... Well Done, Larry and Janet ...

73, Weymouth Walker - K8EAB

WA4AIP Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2013 13:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Meter - multi purpose!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this meter for some two years it has performed flawlessly! Value for the price point is unmatched. Customer support and service by Larry is unsurpassed! I do not come close to using all the features available but I have used it both barefoot and with a linear in-line and it is a smooth performer Comparing this meter to a BIRD is like comparing a Begali Key to a straight key no comparison in functions and/or features! Thanks Larry for a superb product!

WB1CQW Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2013 17:51 Send this review to a friend
A CHAPERONE FOR YOUR STATION   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I was installing the LP-100/A I wasn't going to wire in the push-to-talk circuit loop from the PTT RCA relay plug on the back of the transceiver. I'm glad I finally did so, because I now realize (after speaking to Larry) that this optional circuit now protects my equipment, including transceiver and amplifier, from unwanted jolts of electricity. That is, I set the alarm for a high SWR of say, 3.0 SWR, and if I mistakenly drive the amp with the tune/ load settings for the wrong band or maybe hook up the 40m antenna for the 20m band, this meter springs into action. With a red warning light and a screech it warns me in no uncertain terms that I have screwed up and the meter is taking control and will not let the nasty jolt of electrons that I have clumsily initiated do any damage! If I had known of this meter's no-nonsense protective function, I probably would have bought the meter a long time ago. Perhaps Larry in his promotional material and manual could have more explicitly explained it to less-than-perfect operators like myself, rather than leaving me to figure out by trial and error this incredible built-in feature.

W3DDF Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2013 04:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the LP-100A meter. It is very well built and works fine. Really like the software that is provided. The swr charting is especially nice. It is also very accurate.

KJ6RA Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2013 14:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Meter bar none!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was compelled to write a review after see some disparaging remarks posted by a previous reviewer. The LP100A is well built, looks great and preforms flawlessly. I have the standard coupler that is rated at 3KW and I run a high powered amp. The meter has never had any issues and is very accurate comparing to my Bird meter. I also use the LP100 remotely and it is invaluable for remote operation. This is just a great meter for the price and highly recommend it.

IN3ASW Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2013 05:18 Send this review to a friend
Great !!!   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have the meter installed on my remote site, connected to a Lantronix UDS-10 LAN-to-serial converter, mapped as a local COMport through CPR-Manager. Using the VCP seems like having the LP-100A at home.
Who else would give you this flexibility in the same price category ?

(Powermaster costs 100$/25% more)