Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Peavey Impulse II Monitor Speaker Help

Reviews Summary for Peavey Impulse II Monitor Speaker
Peavey Impulse II Monitor Speaker Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $130.00
Description: Awesome Small Monitor Series Speaker with wonderful full response I use it with the Yaesu 1000MP Mark V Field and a JPS NIR12 DSP I absolutely have found it to be INCREDIBLE!
More info: http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/7894/number/00500370/cat/101/begin/1/Impulse%AE+II+Monitor.cfm

You can write your own review of the Peavey Impulse II Monitor Speaker.

WD4MBE Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2008 17:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent on ssb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First of all, my thanks to N5JFJ for the previous post and letting us know about this excellent speaker.

I operate ssb with some occaional AM broadcast band listening. The rig is a Yaesu FT-920,and I was using a Sounds Sweet speaker. To me at least, the Sounds Sweet speaker has too much bass for good ssb reception, particularly in poor band conditions.

I recently purchased the Peavey Impulse speaker from a local music supply store. To say I'm impressed is an understatement! The difference is phenomenal between the Peavey and Sounds Sweet speakers. Now I can hear each word spoken in a qso without any problems. I did some listening on the bands to qso's from operators with different accents from all parts of the world. The Peavey speaker is awesome! On the AM broadcast band, I like the Peavey speaker better than what I was using, whether it's music or conversation.

The impeadance of the speaker is 16 ohms which is no problem for my rig.

My cost for the speaker was $109 plus NC sales tax.

I wish I had bought the speaker months ago!