Reviews Categories | Weather Stations | SPRINGFIELD Precise Temp (Model #91586) Help

Reviews Summary for SPRINGFIELD Precise Temp (Model #91586)
SPRINGFIELD Precise Temp  (Model #91586) Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $$40.00
Description: Weather station with indoor/outdoor temp & humidity sensors, weather trends, barometric pressure with bar graph, moon phase, sunrise/sunset, timezones, date and clock with 2 alarm settings (12/24 Hr format)
More info: http://No site available

You can write your own review of the SPRINGFIELD Precise Temp (Model #91586).

K0CWO Rating: 3/5 Nov 18, 2008 14:58 Send this review to a friend
OK  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The barometer is indeed useless. It shows a trend at best. For sunrise, sunset, moon phase, inside/outside temperature and humidity as well as date, time and alarm the unit is perfectly functional. I run lithium batteries in mine with the sensor unit placed outside under the soffit. The remote sensor has run 6 months without having to replace the batteries as yet. Donít expect a professional weather station for $30.

KD4LEI Rating: 2/5 Jun 27, 2006 12:31 Send this review to a friend
Good start, but poor to ineffective features  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I will be the first to say that you get what you pay for. In this case, I got what I paid for. I got it from a Menard's (Like Home Depot or Lowe's) here in Nebraska.

This station must not have been tested well, because it has more flaws versus things that work. Let's start with the positives.

THE GOOD:

1. Has clock with 12/24 setting with two alarm settings. Also has the lower 48 timezone and date setup.

2. It contains approximate times for sunrise and sunset for several US cities and has the moonphase with high and low tide indicators.

3. It has a built-in indoor temp and humidity sensor and a remote sensor with the same setup and indicator on the sensor itself.

Just a couple of things above that more expensive systems don't have.

THE BAD & UGLY:

1. Remote sensor burns through AAA batteries within a week from routine TX'ing each minute. I have one for my atomic clock in my office and that sensor's AAA's last 6 + months even at the same TX rate.

2. The company did not package ANY wiring for a probe to be placed outside a window. I used one from another sensor and it only reads based off its internal sensor, so you get a completely inaccurate outdoor temp reading. Bottom line, no probes work even though it has a port to plug into it. I wouldn't recommend keeping the sensor outside year round from the elements, to include sub-zero temps and rain.

3. Barometric pressure sensor and trend indicator in the main unit are FLAWED. I have not gotten above 29.00 even on a clear day after a weather system and cold front has gone through several hours before. The directions state to place it near a window (did that) and still no difference. The trend shows cloudy all the time. No change in what the weather will be. I have checked this more than two or three times.

I have yet to call the company and probably won't. If their products are this bad, I can only imagine their customer service needing help as well.

I wouldn't buy a product from this company again. I would spend a little more if a similar product did what I was looking for, much more accurately.