Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Jetstream JTB-1 VHF/UHF Vertical Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTB-1 VHF/UHF Vertical
* Max wind rating: 90 MPH
* Construction: Fiberglass
* 3 piece construction
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTB-1 VHF/UHF Vertical.

W8LM Rating: 0/5 Feb 23, 2017 08:58 Send this review to a friend
GIVE me Real Specifications...  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased the antenna 3 years ago and installed on top of a 33ft tower and mast tip is at 55 feet.
had not used it for a while because I moved the ham shack to a different part of the house; home office. Waited till winter to run a new coax (RG8U) from the tower to the new ham shack through my attic, because the house is on a slab.. got it done and put soldered on new pl259's... Hooked up an FT2800m and last night on 146.52 found the rig getting hot. Pulled out a new Diamond VHF/UHF wattmeter.. the SWR at 144.00 is 1:1. at 146.52 it is 1.7:1 and continues to climb to SWR 2.8:1 at 148.00mhz. There are no specifications as to what the SWR curve is nor any instructions how to tune it. or shorten it so SWR is lowest at 146.00 and help appreciated but..I should not be having that kind of SWR curve. Anyone else have this problem. coax run through attic shows 1:1 with a cellwave UHF dummy load at the other end.. likewise at antenna base.. any help appreciated contact call@arrl.net

N1EZY Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2016 16:20 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!   Time owned: more than 12 months
This Antenna is as good or better than it's Diamond counterpart at less than half the price. I've had this antenna for over 3 years now and have no regrets. The antenna is mounted at about 800'asl in a high wind environment here in New England, and has held up to the elements like a champ. The second year it was up, we had a bad winter, and after a couple of bent masts and chimney mounting brackets, I decided to guy it. The antenna is a bit lengthy, and its not unusual to have wind gusts 30 - 60mph during the colder months, so the guy wires help a lot. The mounting brackets and the masts were damaged, but not the antenna. I'm guying it at the top of the second tier, with 3 runs of clear 90# test mono-filament fishing line, which is nearly invisible and very sturdy. At 50W, I can hit almost every repeater in the state with this antenna both VHF or UHF, including Mt. Greylock, which is 2 states and 78+ miles away. I've got my money's worth out of it already, and then some. If for some reason this one should ever fail, I would definitely buy another one to replace it with. Best dual band antenna I have ever used, and it was under $90! It's a No-Brainer...

K4AX Rating: 2/5 Nov 14, 2014 22:07 Send this review to a friend
Not Impressed  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works great on 2 meters, however I got this for 70m and it's a dummy load on that band. SWR is great, but at 70ft, with a 100Ft run of LMR 400 I can't hit some repeaters I can hear on a HT in the house. On 2m it is a excellent antenna and I can work repeaters out 100 miles or more here in NC.

Not sure what's up with the 440 situation, my best guess is that it's detached at some point inside, or just has a high angle of radiation on the 440 band. The coax tested low for loss, and UHF shows good on a antenna analyzer. It's coming down after being up for a year. A total waste of time and money.

My father has the older version of this antenna and it is a amazing performer. I hope I just got a dud.

KC9RFO Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2014 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna for the price! You won't be disappointed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the Jetstream JTB-1 from K1CRA. This antenna replaced a dual band J-pole that i had been running for the past year. Was amazed at the the difference in what i can receive now! Hearing repeaters i couldn't even hear before. 2S units difference in the ones i was used to hearing in the local area.Totally happy with the purchase of this antenna and highly recommend it for its lower cost compared to the others of similar design.

N7CPU Rating: 4/5 Jun 20, 2011 05:17 Send this review to a friend
awesome for its price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
under 1.4 across both bands. Hitting repeaters in tucson when I'm in Mesa, AZ. Currently mounted about 20 foot, and have checked it several times when I have been on the roof, no signs of water intrusion or joint separation. I do agree with others that it seems to have a high angle of radiation on 440. Repeater/Simplex is not much better than a j-pole. But great hearing satellites on 40 degree passes. Overall, a GREAT bargain at 49.00 from K1CRA.

KJ6FTS Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2010 21:45 Send this review to a friend
Great deal!  Time owned: months
Ordered this antenna through a local shop. When it arrived, I was eager to bring it home and set it up. Well, come to find out the center section had been dropped and had a piece busted out of the metal connector as well as many splits in the fiberglass. It was clear that it had been shipped this way from the factory, as the broken pieces were not in the package, and the package was completely un-damaged. So, I called them up and a few days later arrived a brand new section.
Got her up in the air now and has been performing great for the past few weeks. As long as it keeps on performing like this, we'll be in good shape!

N1ZLE Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2010 05:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Water-proofed all the o-ringed & glued joints, installed on a chimney mount @ 35' above ground IT WORKS GREAT! Installed with a new cut to fit length of LMR-400.

SWR curves on the MFJ-269 are centered on both bands with a low of 1.2 on two meters, and 1.4 on 70.
It's an $85.00 antenna, expectations have been exceeded.
N1ZLE

AF6Z Rating: 0/5 Dec 20, 2009 16:05 Send this review to a friend
Poor quality control  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a cheap antenna that you may need to rebuild to get it to work. Once rebuilt, you can not guarantee that it will preform as it should. My brand new antenna came with the radiating element detached from the coax connector. Once fixed it works on on 2-meter. I don't have much experience using it on uhf yet.

KC2GLR Rating: 0/5 Nov 12, 2009 16:03 Send this review to a friend
Junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one a few years ago. It was terrible on 440. Returned it and received a new one. The second one didn't work at all. I opened the bottom to find the center was disconnected from the SO-239. After reconnecting it, it too was horrible on 440. It ended up in the garbage. Wasted of money. Go with Diamond, Comet or any reputable name brand.

AB9QU Rating: 2/5 Nov 12, 2009 13:44 Send this review to a friend
great on 2 meters  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great on 2 meters but unusable on 70cm. On 70cm the swr at 5. May be capacitors as mentioned in another post.