Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Jetstream JTB-1 VHF/UHF Vertical Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTB-1 VHF/UHF Vertical
* Max wind rating: 90 MPH
* Construction: Fiberglass
* 3 piece construction
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTB-1 VHF/UHF Vertical.

KJ4AQV Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2008 10:09 Send this review to a friend
boom into repeaters 100 miles away  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna sells its self. the only thing is puting it together it is time consuming but it is worth it it will do what it says.kj4aqv

KC9MLL Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2008 05:36 Send this review to a friend
BOOM BABY!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After doing alot of shopping, I found this antenna do be the best bang for my buck.
At less than $100.00 shipping included, it was a great savings.
The Gain speaks for it's self!
8.3 db gain on 144-148 Mhz
11.7 db gain on 440-450 Mhz
As for performance, WOW! I have it mounted at 70', and it is GREAT!! I am hitting repeaters over 65 miles away, at full quieting! Very low SWR. It works GREAT on both VHF and UHF
I never knew I could use so many repeaters!!
It also performs great on Simplex, but at 70' it better.
There might be better antennas out there, but none can compare with the Complete package of PRICE + PERFORMANCE = One great antenna!
awsome job Jetstream!

N9LBW Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2008 06:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna for over a year now and it still works great, even after Huuricane force winds at 81MPH.

W5FRG Rating: 2/5 Nov 3, 2008 14:45 Send this review to a friend
good and bad  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This antenna works great on 2M, but on 440 it's a dummy load -- very disappointing.

AE1Y Rating: 2/5 Oct 24, 2008 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Good when it works!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Iíve had this antenna for over 2 years now and have finally given up on it. Iíve replaced it with the Diamond unit that it copies the 510. I will review the Diamond after Iíve had it a while. As for the Jetstream I replaced the upper capacitors twice and the lower one once. It took me 3 months to get the capacitor specís from Jetstream. Now the SWR is bad again so Iím assuming the problem is the same as the three times before as Iíve checked the coax and its fine. Each time I replaced the capacitors the SWR came back to normal. I will give this antenna credit when it was working it worked very well. Much better than my X-50. I would expect so as the X-50 is less than half the length. This antenna is going in the spare parts bin and the Diamond unit of the same specs is going in its place. The Diamond was twice the money and I guess Iíll see if itís worth it. Iíll let you know.

KE4EX Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2008 19:40 Send this review to a friend
WOW  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Jetstream, you have a winner....
I replaced my Ringo Ranger II a while back with this little jewell. Same Mast, same heigth. I have noticed a least a 3 to 4 s units on receive.
I am also working repeaters I couldn't before.
SWR-low, very nice. Putting it together was a snap. No tuning required.
Then I ask myself, why did I wait so long.

W0ACE Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2008 15:00 Send this review to a friend
My mistake!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I tried to change my rtaing to a 5/5 to late and got a double post I guess. Anyway, I would rate it a 5/5, since I have had nothing but great service from it, and the radial coming out was my fault due to the way I was banging it around on the roof! I have a 12/12 pitch roof! Antenna work is FUN!!!! 73's w0ace

N9LBW Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2008 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Works Very Well  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had a couple of Diamond X510 antennae and the Jetstream JBT-1 works just as good if not better than the Diamond at much less cost

KILO4UUG Rating: 5/5 Feb 29, 2008 08:15 Send this review to a friend
Jetstream JTB-1 VHF/UHF Vertical  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had the diamond the mfj and the tram antennas,I think the JetStream Antenna rates with the Diamond and the Comet in fact its connectors are by far better than the Tram and the MFJ.I would put that extra money you save in good low loss coax cable ie 9913 lmr 400 or a good vhf/uhf swr meter.

KC2PUF Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2007 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Spend no more than this!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had Several Diamonds, this performs as well for much less money. Have had it in 65 mph winds so far.Put it up and forget it. Am using one for a repeater as well.
Slightly different construction tha Diamond, but can lose several for same money (but I doubt you will).