Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Jetstream JTB-1 VHF/UHF Vertical Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTB-1 VHF/UHF Vertical
* Max wind rating: 90 MPH
* Construction: Fiberglass
* 3 piece construction
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTB-1 VHF/UHF Vertical.

KY2K Rating: 3/5 Feb 24, 2009 11:49 Send this review to a friend
OK on 2 meters, not so good on 70 cm  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am currently using a Tram 1480 dual band antenna. This was my second VHF/UHF antenna. I originally started with a copper J-pole.

I bought the Jetstream JTB-1 to replace an Opek UVS-300 which was hit by lightning. The UVS-300 was a great antenna and I may be able to repair it. The Jetstream and Opek are approximately the same size, and both have the same advertised gain figures.

The construction of the Jetstream JTB-1 is more robust when compared to the Opek. That is where the comparison ends. In tests made from my QTH, the Jetstream is one (1) S unit better than my current Tram 1480 on 2 meters. It is two (2) S units LESS than the Tram 1480 on 70 cm. The Opek was two (2) S units better than the Tram 1480 on 2 meters and at least two (2) S units better on 70 cm.

I have no idea why the Jetstream does not perform better than my Tram on 70 cm. It is twice the size, so that means it should be twice as good, right? Well, we all know it doesn't work that way, but I did expect more. I expected the same performance as my Opek UVS-300, but with better construction.

You won't be disappointed with the construction, it appears very sturdy, but I wouldn't recommend it if you are going to spend any time on 70 cm. I had mine up for one day and took it down. This is just my experience.

KC8ADU Rating: 3/5 Feb 17, 2009 07:28 Send this review to a friend
ok on 2m-useless on 70cm local  Time owned: more than 12 months
this antenna works well on 2m.
must have an odd pattern on 70cm as its useless for local use(cross band repeater).
gets less than a mile coverage on 70cm.
r&l is trying to get the plots from their mfr.
still waiting.....

KJ4AQV Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2008 10:09 Send this review to a friend
boom into repeaters 100 miles away  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna sells its self. the only thing is puting it together it is time consuming but it is worth it it will do what it says.kj4aqv

KC9MLL Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2008 05:36 Send this review to a friend
BOOM BABY!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After doing alot of shopping, I found this antenna do be the best bang for my buck.
At less than $100.00 shipping included, it was a great savings.
The Gain speaks for it's self!
8.3 db gain on 144-148 Mhz
11.7 db gain on 440-450 Mhz
As for performance, WOW! I have it mounted at 70', and it is GREAT!! I am hitting repeaters over 65 miles away, at full quieting! Very low SWR. It works GREAT on both VHF and UHF
I never knew I could use so many repeaters!!
It also performs great on Simplex, but at 70' it better.
There might be better antennas out there, but none can compare with the Complete package of PRICE + PERFORMANCE = One great antenna!
awsome job Jetstream!

N9LBW Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2008 06:41 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna for over a year now and it still works great, even after Huuricane force winds at 81MPH.

W5FRG Rating: 2/5 Nov 3, 2008 14:45 Send this review to a friend
good and bad  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This antenna works great on 2M, but on 440 it's a dummy load -- very disappointing.

AE1Y Rating: 2/5 Oct 24, 2008 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Good when it works!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Iíve had this antenna for over 2 years now and have finally given up on it. Iíve replaced it with the Diamond unit that it copies the 510. I will review the Diamond after Iíve had it a while. As for the Jetstream I replaced the upper capacitors twice and the lower one once. It took me 3 months to get the capacitor specís from Jetstream. Now the SWR is bad again so Iím assuming the problem is the same as the three times before as Iíve checked the coax and its fine. Each time I replaced the capacitors the SWR came back to normal. I will give this antenna credit when it was working it worked very well. Much better than my X-50. I would expect so as the X-50 is less than half the length. This antenna is going in the spare parts bin and the Diamond unit of the same specs is going in its place. The Diamond was twice the money and I guess Iíll see if itís worth it. Iíll let you know.

KE4EX Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2008 19:40 Send this review to a friend
WOW  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Jetstream, you have a winner....
I replaced my Ringo Ranger II a while back with this little jewell. Same Mast, same heigth. I have noticed a least a 3 to 4 s units on receive.
I am also working repeaters I couldn't before.
SWR-low, very nice. Putting it together was a snap. No tuning required.
Then I ask myself, why did I wait so long.

W0ACE Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2008 15:00 Send this review to a friend
My mistake!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I tried to change my rtaing to a 5/5 to late and got a double post I guess. Anyway, I would rate it a 5/5, since I have had nothing but great service from it, and the radial coming out was my fault due to the way I was banging it around on the roof! I have a 12/12 pitch roof! Antenna work is FUN!!!! 73's w0ace

N9LBW Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2008 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Works Very Well  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had a couple of Diamond X510 antennae and the Jetstream JBT-1 works just as good if not better than the Diamond at much less cost