Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | OptiBeam OB804020 (high performing interlaced triple monobander Help

Reviews Summary for OptiBeam OB804020 (high performing interlaced triple monobander
OptiBeam OB804020 (high performing interlaced triple monobander Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $6,999
Description: The OB804020 consists of three interlaced monobanders with separate feed points:
-> 2el on 80m with high Q coil loaded elements (SSB /CW
switchable)
-> 3el on 40m as well with high Q coil loaded elements
-> 5el wide spaced full sized OWA design
The mechanical construction is extra heavy duty (extremely stirdy 16.6 = 54.5 foot long square boom / double V-trussed big diameter 80m elements / trussed solid 40m elements / thick diameter 20m elements)
The antenna for the ambitious contester and the OM with extremely high demands.
More info: http://www.optibeam.de

You can write your own review of the OptiBeam OB804020 (high performing interlaced triple monobander.

DJ1YFK Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2007 03:06 Send this review to a friend
Solid performer!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the pleasure to use the Optibeam OB804020 (abt 30m AGL) at DJ6ZM/DL1A (http://dj6zm.de/) during the CQWW CW this year. Now in the years of low sunspots, an effective antenna on the lower bands is mandatory for good results in the contests, and I think the Optibeam did a perfect job.

Over 3000 QSOs, more than 1000 each on 80, 40 and 20m were made during the CQWW CW with this antenna!

No need to wait in the pileups--with this antenna I got through anywhere instantly. Keeping a run frequency on a crowded band--no problem!

The three Yagis, while sharing a common boom, are fed with separate feedlines, which makes it possible to use two bands at the same time while operating SO2R (or even three, for M/S)!

This OB804020 replaced a 3el fullsize Yagi for 40m; I dare to say there is hardly a noticeable difference in performance on that band. Performance on 20m is excellent; compared to the 4el SteppIR available at the same QTH; the 5el of the OB was (of course) always superior. On 80m I got lots of unsolicited positive comments about my signal strength, from all continents.

I am looking forward to the next time to work a contest with this fantastic antenna!

EA3AKP Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2006 04:43 Send this review to a friend
great low band yagui  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was looking for a new yagui for the low bands as I have been ussing a 40/80m yagui from Force 12 for several years.
Tom-DF2BO ask me to buy this new OB804020,wich includes also the 20m band with 5 elements wide spaced.We installed the antenna in two days,with the good help from Tom,his wife Diana,EA3BEM-Miquel and Agustí my good friend.
The mechanical construction is very solid and very professional and that is what I need because it's very windy here.
After some month, I can say that the antenna performance is better than what I supossed.On 20m is very sharp and with a good gain,long distance Dx is easy with this antenna at 40m high.The 40m band elements are ussing loading coils,are very strong,it handles good power and I have been working DX as well as my previous 4 el. yagui.
On 80m I must say I'm impressed,this antenna with two elements works better than my previous 3 element yagui,I don't know why but it's true.
Mechanically it's very good and strong and the performance is really good,it's a good antenna for the low band DXer.
Ask me if you hear me on the bands.
73+Dx.EA3AKP.