Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Antenna Warehouse 6/8db Dual Band Colinear Help

Reviews Summary for Antenna Warehouse 6/8db Dual Band Colinear
Antenna Warehouse 6/8db Dual Band Colinear Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$59.00
Description: High Gain, Dual Band, Base Station Antenna for the Amateur radio 2 meter and 70 centimeter bands.
2-5/8ths wavelength elements on 2mt., 4-5/8ths wavelength
elements on 70cm.
More info: http://www.antennawarehouse.com

You can write your own review of the Antenna Warehouse 6/8db Dual Band Colinear.

KE5GBY Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2006 01:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this dual band vertical mostly because of my previous dealings with A-W, and for the price. I just couldn't see paying $150 or more for the same antenna with a namebrand.

I bought mine on sale for $59 including shipping. I received it 2 days later and assembly was a snap.
Very low SWR on both bands and using a Comet Diplexer and LMR-400.

With the base mounted at 30 feet I can hit every repeater my 2m Cushcraft 148-20T beam can hit. It receives GREAT!
Now I can talk simplex and hit repeaters without having to always be turning my beam.
I can also monitor band openings and when I need a more directional path, I turn the antenna switch and go to the beam.
I even worked SSB with it with very clear reception although the other station was horizontal.
70cm is also superb. I have found repeaters I didn't even know where there.

IMO this is a FANTASTIC antenna at a GREAT price. Definitely will stay at my shack.

BTW, I have bought several antennas from A-W and have never been disappointed, including a 440MHz SSB beam and a Scantenna. (I am in NO way affilliated with Antenna Warehouse, just a very satisfied customer).

-73