Reviews Categories | QRP Accessories | Mizuho PM-1 Help

Reviews Summary for Mizuho PM-1
Mizuho PM-1 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: DC-DC converter, ~13.5V input, 9.5V output, for use with the Pico transceivers (MX series HF/VHF SSB/CW handhelds), P-7, P-7DX, and P-21DX. Also sold under the JIM (Japan Information Medium) brand name by Santec.
More info: http://www.mizuhoradio.com

You can write your own review of the Mizuho PM-1.

K7VO Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2006 18:05 Send this review to a friend
Very convenient item for 9.5V Mizuho/JIM/AEA DX-Handy rigs  Time owned: more than 12 months
The PM-1 is a tiny little DC-DC converter designed for use with any of Mizuho's 9.5V rigs. Input is anywhere from 12-14V DC and output is 9.5V DC. The PM-1 was also sold by Santec under their JIM (Japan Information Medium) brand name as they also sold the Pico transceivers (Mizuho's brick SSB/CW HF HTs) under their own name. The one I have (see photo) is the JIM version. The PM-1 could also be used with any of the AEA DX-Handy HTs as they are simply Mizuho Pico transceivers for 10m and 6m with the AEA nameplate.

I've had mine for three or four years. I added Anderson PowerPoles to the input wire and use it to run my wonderful little Mizuho P-7DX and P-21DX CW portable rigs from the same 13.8V DC distribution strip that runs all my other rigs. It has never failed me. I've also used it with the HTs on occasion. It's simple and a very convenient accessory for anyone with a Mizuho, JIM, or AEA rig which requires 9.5V. There's no sense in running there rigs on batteries when I'm in the home shack, is there? Highly recommended.