Reviews Categories | Microphones | Ten-Tec 708A dynamic mike Help

Reviews Summary for Ten-Tec 708A dynamic mike
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $99
Description: An 8 pin uni-directional microphone
More info: http://tentec.com

You can write your own review of the Ten-Tec 708A dynamic mike.

AD4C2006 Rating: 3/5 Jun 17, 2009 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Not good as they claim  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Its a good looking mic no doubt about it,its black to match today modern radios but its too far from the freq range TT says it will give you,the specs says 30Hz to 15Khz but after been connected to 3 different good radios radios like ProIII,FT-2000 and K3 and even trying to equalize it with their builtin EQ's to make lows below 100Hz for ESSB,its impossible to make it go lower than 150 Hz,I don't know how they checked those specs or maybe they mistyped the results or what but this is not a low freq mic,its ok for two way radio comunications,that's it.any cheap mic will sound better than this.My Audio Tecnica ATR-30 that look excatly like this one and cost me just $22 bucks off the net,sounds much better.I used this 709A just 10 minutes and put it back on the box to sell because unfortunately TT has no policy of refunds unless be defective and its not,simply it don't meet the specified specs.

N6QPU Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2009 14:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Mike  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use the 708 with a 715 speach processor on my Omni VI. I get great reviews with this system. I get the extra punch that I need to make contacts that would not be able to make with out it. Best mike for the money. Very hefty and good looking. I love it and recommend it to everyone.

W8AAZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2009 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Better Mic for T.T.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This mike is omni-directional, in fact, therefore does not over-boost the lows when close talking. Has a 600 ohm impedance. Got mine from factory ready to go with an OMNI VI. If you unscrew the ball on the end, the element resembles something from a pro mic, not something from a cheap plastic hand mic. Is notably more substantial and hefty as compared to the earlier 706 mic. The 706 sounded good, but was lightweight like the little Icom electret mics. Not quite tall enough either. The 708 is a step up for T. T. owners, I think. And is taller so more comfortable to use. So far has run with the new T.T. radio perfectly and sounds good. The PTT/TX LOCK toggle is not everyones favorite for keying but it does combine both functions in one control and you can live with it. Recommended for T.T. radios and maybe others if compatible specs. Ought to sell for 50% more, IMO. Listen to one or try it, before shelling out giant bux for some other "kustom" mike for your T.T. radio.

W1JUS Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2008 12:39 Send this review to a friend
great audio reports. Fer 99 bucks you just can't go
wrong.

W5KG Rating: 4/5 Jun 13, 2007 08:48 Send this review to a friend
709A Great Drive  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This review is for the 709A. The 709 has a 4 pin mic plug and the 709A has an 8 pin plug for the Orian 2 and will work on later models of Yaesu.
I bought the mic with the 8 pin mic plug even though I was using on a Paragon2.
The mic worked very well with very good reports.
I did not have to run excessive mic gain or the processor.
I now use this mic on my Yaesu FT-1000 MP Field and it works great!
When I switch to my Heil mic with HC-5 element I have been told there is very little difference.
The reason I gave this mic a 4 instead of 5 is no PTT button. Ten-Tec used a slide switch and that looks kinda cheap!
To get around that I use on VOX or with a foot switch.
Other than that the 709A is a great mic.