Reviews Categories | Filters, Audio: (DSP and others) | BHI NEDSP 1061 Help

Reviews Summary for BHI NEDSP 1061
BHI NEDSP 1061 Reviews: 24 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $139.00
Description: DSP Filter Capable of being added to any rig.
More info: http://www.bhi-ltd.co.uk/

You can write your own review of the BHI NEDSP 1061.

W9RWF Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2014 21:46 Send this review to a friend
It works and is well worth it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed this module into my TS-440S/AT. It has worked perfectly and really cuts down on the noise. I strongly recommend it.

EA5TV Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2014 02:56 Send this review to a friend
Great solution  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have ridden the BHI nesdsp 1061kbd on my old TS440S, and it really is no longer an old TS440S, now a young TS440S/AT/DSP
Although I have had a few difficulties for installation, due to my impatience, I managed to do it, checking how wonderful it is to hear something that was impossible yesterday.
After seeing the excellent videos of John W2JAW on its installation and operation instructions and Megaherz magazine-published in France by Jean Paul, F1LVT really has not been difficult assembly.
The hardest thing was to eliminate the coupling capacitor, because my eyesight is not what it was and need a small magnifying glass, but the rest was all pretty straightforward.
If you doubt that this can be a good solution to enhance your rig, do not hesitate: it is.
Best regards from Spain
Rafa. EA5TV

KJ4FGI Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2013 18:30 Send this review to a friend
TS440S/AT install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just installed the NEDSP1061-KBD in my TS-440sat, Fantastic! It's a new radio, well sounds like it.
I am using the Voice button as the DSP selector instead of the one that came with the kit. I found the instructions to use the Voice button on the web.
I do not have the voice option installed so the switch was unused. I did not have to drill any holes. It is amazing,the quality of the sound after using the filter, I have an Icom 706MK2G with DSP and I had a Yaesu FT-100, no comparison to the BHI, the BHI blows it away. I am going to but another to install in my Icom, that's how amazing this DSP is. Purchased in America from W4RT, I had it in a few days. My emails were answered right away, great person to do business with.

KJ4VPI Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2013 20:58 Send this review to a friend
Quite effective in a TS-440S on SSB or AM Voice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After seeing some of the videos produced by W2JAW on YouTube, I thought installing this DSP module in my TS-440SAT would be a cost effective upgrade for reducing noise on SSB voice ops or possibly for AM SWL listening.

I have periodic TS-590S and TS-990S envy.

Offers up to 8 levels of tone and white noise reduction. Relatively simple to install in a TS-440S. Very simple to operate.

Don't expect it to work with CW or digital modes. Watch the videos produced by W2JAW and others to get an idea what to expect.

I am pleased with the product and would recommend it to others.

73 de KJ4VPI, Sam

NW8Z Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2013 21:01 Send this review to a friend
Installed BHI NEDSP1061-KBD in Kenwood TS440S  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just installed the BHI NEDSP1061-KBD DSP Unit into my Kenwood TS440S.

I have taken pictures and videos of it, but the rules won't permit me to give links to you.

I can tell you that It is like night and day for an older rig without DSP to have this filter installed into it.

You can't go wrong getting this filter as it filters all hiss, static and noise passing just the audio on it's highest setting. It offers both 4 mode and 8 modes, as well as two demonstration modes.

Make your Kenwood TS440S a Kenwood TS440S/DSP

I agree that once you use the BHI DSP unit, you won't want to go back.

73 and great hearing.

W2JAW

KB9JLO Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2012 14:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It is a tough install in the FT-817 but manageable. Just take your time and don't get in a big hurry. The thing I disliked were the two ribbon cables. I hate those connectors.
The filter is incredible. I run mine in 4 level mode as well. I just get confused with 8 choices! :-)
I can't believe how good this works. It makes SSB sound so good. And even on the highest level there is little distortion. I love the 817 but I love it more with this filter.

M0VST Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2012 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Don't have it? Your missing out  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
What an amazing device, as others have said it completely revolutionizes the already fantastic Yaesu FT-817.

The install is a bit tricky if you already have an optional filter fitted as its very tight for space but it is possible with patience.

I run mine in 4 mode (4 levels of adjustment) and find even on level 4 it doesn't distort audio.

This filter make the difference between hearing the DX in the noise, with this filter the noise is gone, its amazing how it recognizes speech and lets it through while crushing everything else.

While listening to broadcast stations on AM this filter is like a reverse karaoke button, the music is squashed and only the human voice is let through.

On the setup in the 817 don't be afraid to wind back P1 & P2 (input and output) to get the levels right, I have mine set quite low so however strong the signal is I receive no distortion from the speaker.

A great a product at a great price, it can transform any receivers front end to that of much more expensive and newer equipment.

Not just a bunch of resistors and capacitors as I've heard it described on the air!
Try a 64 pin micro processor controlled DSP.

5/5 from me.
Keep up the great work

I could kick myself for not fitting it years ago.

It has to be a special product to get a 5 from me..

Mark.

P.S. This is the only non Yaesu mod that is recognized by Yaesu and that will not void your warranty if fitted at purchase.

W6PUG Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2012 10:09 Send this review to a friend
Great update to Boatanchor  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought one from GAP to put into speaker circuit in the Hallicrafters PS-500 to SR-500 Tornado transciever - great investment ... cuts down AF noise admirably! If you have a boatanchor that you love to operate, adding this little feature will greatly enhance the experience. Mine mounted perfectly in the vent holes toward the back of the speaker/PS cabinet, so there is no "damage" to the cabinet, in the event I want to sell it someday ... Really worth the investment!

N2RRA Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2012 05:25 Send this review to a friend
Must have upgrade!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Agree with all other posts!

I have the DSP for my FT-817ND and use it all the time. In fact I made a video on YouTube showing how well it works in quite conditions to noisy natural conditions to hybrid high voltage noise induced conditions. It's really a nice and effective option to have.

You can view the vid titled on YouTube;

"Review: BHI DSP for Yeasu FT-817ND"

Or under administrator: N2RRAny

73!

WF8O Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2012 15:36 Send this review to a friend
W4RT BHI DSP FT817  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This unit absolutely transformed my 817 from a good cw rig to a fantastic cw rig. The static hiss disappears, leaving signals I couldn't even hear. I bought from W4RT, and the customer service was excellent. I have no connection to that firm except I have bought from them also in the past. very professional and prompt response to emails. Highly recommended!

Sincerely,