Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | RadioShack 33-1225 Headphones Help

Reviews Summary for RadioShack 33-1225 Headphones
RadioShack 33-1225  Headphones Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $$21.98
Description: Full-size Stereo Headphones. Independent volume controls located on each earpiece. Comfortable, adjustable, padded headband. Frequency response: 20-20,000Hz; Sensitivity: 105dB +/- 4dB; Extra-long 9 1/2 ft. coiled cord; includes 1/8" gold-plated plug adapter.

You can write your own review of the RadioShack 33-1225 Headphones.

WA4KLQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2009 21:39 Send this review to a friend
A decent pair of headphones  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased these headphones to replace an older pair that finally fell apart. These are a good pair of headphones. They have a lot of plastic and are made in China, but they seem to hold together well and they have good sound. They are very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. This is all you expect from a pair of headphones and they were only $19.95.

KB5LPA Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2007 17:13 Send this review to a friend
Just What Was Needed  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought these headphones as a replacement for another Radio Shack model which had seen better days. These are fairly comfortable, inexpensive (caught mine on sale for $19.95), and work well in my station. The adjustable volume controls are a nice feature, allowing a bit of volume flexibility if one ear is not as sensitive as the other. The padding provides comfort and a snug fit. The weight of the headphones does not present discomfort after an extended time of use.

These are not top of the line but a pair of these headphones will work nicely and are easy on the pocketbook.

KI6H Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2007 16:21 Send this review to a friend
Simple, effective, comfortable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After a mountain camping DXpedition in which my expensive Heil headphones were crushed, I needed a quick replacement and chose these because of price (and because they were in-stock at a Radio Shack nearby) with the intention of getting the Heils fixed at a later date ... well, these are good enough that they've become my everyday headphones and the broken Heils sit in a drawer.

K2ZLS Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2007 07:23 Send this review to a friend
Above Expectations  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I concur with all the other reviews. I tried them out in the store and they were just right. Not heavy or bulky. Single cord doesnt make you feel like you are putting your head in a noose. They cover the whole ear and feel smooth and soft. They have a feature called Ball-Track Volume control on each ear but forgetaboutit. Crank it up full and control the volume with the radio. The adapter plugs are gold-plated and are well made. Although they are plastic it is for lightness, and with normal use should last a long time.
But the real reason I bought it was because I wanted STEREO. After trying to get Scarborough Reef I realized that it would be a definite advantage to hear both the TX and RX sides AT THE SAME TIME so you know where he is tuning. So now I have the Stereo headset and all I have to do now is place my order for the new K3 with dual receivers and I will have both sides at the same time. You have to start somewhere.
So RUN dont WALK down to your RS store because the price is now $22.99. You cannot BEAT this deal.

KC9GUZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2007 05:23 Send this review to a friend
F/B all around  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought these last year after my 30+ year old stereo headphones bit the dust. I found these in "cell phone shack" (Radio Shack) on sale for $17.95 and bougt them. I mostly use them on my Sony mini shelf stereo boom box to listen to music but I occasionally use them on my Icom 746. While they are plastic they are very comfy and seem to work very well, heck even better than my old phones i had to junk out.

KG4PWC Rating: 4/5 Aug 15, 2006 13:54 Send this review to a friend
Great value  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use one with an Elecraft K2 and Yaesu FT 897d. For about $20, they are hard to beat. They may not last forever, but for $20, I cannot complain, because they have good audio, high sensitivity, block out the noise and are comfortable.

W2RDD Rating: 4/5 Jul 11, 2006 06:52 Send this review to a friend
Pleasantly surprised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've only had these headphones a short time. I was recently in RS to get some aligator clips and, frankly, purchased them on a whim.

Returned home and plugged them into my Argonaut V, then my TS-530 and was impressed. First, while all plastic, they are sturdy enough if handled with reasonable care. The size adjustment is large enough to accomodate my 7 1/2+ hat size head with room to spare. The cushions are comfortable and block out most environmental noise. The cord has some substance to it...not a skinny thing that would quickly fray. And a good adapter plug is part of the package.

I was impressed with the sound reproduction. I was initially concerned that they might have that overly bassy, "surround" sound sometimes found in stereo headphones. While the audio is certainly not treble, it is not heavy bass either. I use them for cw and have found comfortable listening in that mode.

I was impressed enough to go back to RS for another pair which I will permanently keep at another QTH.

Hey, for twenty-two bucks it is a good deal.

I give it a 4 rating only because they are made entirely of plastic or a like product...not for performance (to date).