Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | The Wireman. Help

Reviews Summary for The Wireman.
The Wireman. Reviews: 25 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Wire antenna kits, varied selection of assorted wire, feedlines, baluns, connectors, rope, insulators, grounding parts, etc. Everything for wire antenna projects.
More info: http://thewireman.com/index.shtml

You can write your own review of the The Wireman..

K1ZW Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2010 03:32 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I don't know her name but she was very pleasent on the phone. I placed an order for some coax and called back a little latter to add some connectors to it. She said they would try to shipthat day and did!! That was Thursday and I had the the nexted day. I'll be back. Thanks
73 Larry K1ZW

KG6TBB Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2010 18:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service and Coaching  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
During my antenna shopping, I sent Press a number of emails requesting his thoughts on antenna designs which he always responded quickly and professionally. He's got a wonderful personality and went out of his way to make introductions to Martin at MFJ.

My eventual order arrived in a timely manner and was well packaged. No issues here and I will order from The Wireman again!

Also, I enjoyed his book.

W8ERV Rating: 4/5 Aug 20, 2010 06:38 Send this review to a friend
Get it FAST From The Wireman  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed some rotor controller cable, as well as some coax and connectors and I called the Wireman. The order was processed in a timely manner, but they were out of the rotor cable...and instead of calling me back to tell me this, I lost a day. This is the ONLY thing that stopped me from giving them a 5. Anyhow, I called them on Tuesday, we agreed on a different rotor cable and I received the package on Thursday. Overall, a good company to deal with.

KG3V Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2009 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Dreat products and service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have purchased from them 3 or 4 times. I bought various types of coax, twinlead, and connectors. They have a good selection of products and attractive prices. Very polite, knowledgeable, and helpful on the phone. I highly recommend them.

N4NZM Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2009 04:43 Send this review to a friend
great service, cheap prices  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got great service on antenna wire, and rope. I sent them the order, and they emailed me the total with shipping (which was modest). I returned the email with my credit card info, and got my order two days later. They beat the nearest competitor in pricing by about twenty bucks.

WB4PAP Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2008 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Always do good for me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've ordered several times from these folks over the last few years. Always courteous, very knowledgeable and great prices to boot. The product has always arrived on time and well packaged. For me, I don't shop anywhere else. I needed some special jumpers for a contest weekend and they expedited and got them to me in plenty of time.

PD2JHP Rating: 0/5 Aug 20, 2008 13:43 Send this review to a friend
ordering versus shipment  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I tried to order 100 beads to build my own W2DU baluns. After some email I could order them for $ 20 plus $ 38 shipment: shame on you Mr. The Wireman!

Those beads weight less than 500 gram......
Finally I ordered thos baluns in Germany for less than 25 each including cable and 2x PL259 and made waterresistant!

AE5EH Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2008 13:12 Send this review to a friend
Same here..okay with me  Time owned: more than 12 months
Visited with this guy the last two Belton, TX hamfests. Bought a few things from him both times. Wire, RG213, RG8, & ladder line. I imagine he gets tired of same silly questions, and people wanting something for nothing......you know the types.

He's okay with me. I don't have a problem with him and will buy from him again.

Terry-AE5EH

AB0RE Rating: 4/5 Aug 20, 2008 12:15 Send this review to a friend
The Wireman / The Wirebook  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've ordered from the Wireman twice now. Both times the order was processed and shipped quickly. The people who answered the phone in both cases were courteous and knowledgeable. On my first order they were out of one item I was looking for (coax), but recommended an appropriate substitute. I appreciate The Wireman's extensive product offerings - it's a virtual heaven for D-I-Y antenna makers. Using their center insulators (p/n 801 for caox), thimbles (p/n 800/800A), and copper-clad steel wire (p/n 501 - 534) make a nearly indestructible dipole antenna.

I also purchased their book, The Wirebook IV, and read it cover to cover. The book isn't too bad - I took away a handful of new tricks and some good information regarding the various types of antenna wire available. The last section of the book is the complete Wireman product catalog. I did notice that the book touched on many subjects without giving extensive technical knowledge in any particular area. In a few other areas the author appeared to make rather opinionated claims without backing them up with any technical data ("All Band Antenna or Dummy Loads?") The book was a little rough around the edges and could use some refinement, especially in the area of illustrations. Overall, I'd say it was worth the price paid and it was an enjoyable read.

Based on my experiences, I'd give The Wireman a call next time I need antenna wire, antenna hardware, or feedline not available elsewhere. I sure hope the previous few reviews were isolated incidents and that The Wireman's product line and customer service are not going downhill. :-\

Dan / ab0re

K8XF Rating: 2/5 Aug 20, 2008 08:08 Send this review to a friend
Poor Salesman  Time owned: more than 12 months
A few years ago at the Orlando Hamcation-Fest I asked a simple question of Press the owner of The Wireman. He was sitting down at the time and gave me a quick snotty totally unexpected answer to my question.I never expected this type of response from a guy that was in business. With this sort of response he lost my business at that moment and I have yet to order anything from this idiot. Mind your manners.

Mike K8XF