Reviews Categories | Ham Repeaters | Bridgecom Systems CS-540 repeater Help

Reviews Summary for Bridgecom Systems CS-540 repeater
Bridgecom Systems CS-540 repeater Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1,300.00
Description: The CS-540 repeater can be ordered in v.h.f. or in u.h.f.
More info: http://www.bridgecomsystems.com

You can write your own review of the Bridgecom Systems CS-540 repeater.

KA6HGT Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2012 22:00 Send this review to a friend
A good deal!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found a used Bridgecom CS-540 "used" on EBAY with a duplexer more than 4 years ago. It was programed for 462.725 so I programed my GMRS call and up it went on at an 1800' hilltop in the Hollywood Hills area. I put it up for my friends that weren't (yet) HAMs. It has run 24/7 for all this time un-attended with absolutely ZERO problems. Antenna is a 4 dipole array about 35' above hilltop and 1'2" hardline. It's only a 35 watt repeater but if I ever had the opportunity to put up a 440 machine I would certainly purchase another CS-540. It ROCKS!!!
Bob Wymer KA6HGT / WQGM787

WA7BND Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2009 17:28 Send this review to a friend
Great repeater. Great tech support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this repeater for over 2 years with 0 problems. Ron is great with tech support and shows genuine concern to resolve your problem or answer questions.
The pros for this repeater are too numerous to list. Just go to the website and check the spec sheet for details. I purchased the PC programming software and that was excellent, easy to use, straight forward.
However, I am using this repeater as a amateur repeater and would Really like to see the following change to the controllers firmware. Although it is not required, nearly every amateur repeater controller has the ability to I.D. on initial contact and this one doesn't.

KAF8152 Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2009 17:44 Send this review to a friend
GMRS going strong  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this repeater since September of 2006 and have enjoyed it. I have used it as my GMRS repeater and really enjoy the powerful built in controller. One feature I really like is the Tone in Tail programmable feature. Basically you can set the repeater to not transmit a squelch tone during hang time, this will mute your portable ( saving battery and making for a more pleasent conversation). The carrier is still up during hang time, ready to instantly repeat, yet portable muted. Love it. It has 64 users you can program via software and or DTMF tones. You can actually program all your users via software, turn most of them off, then simple turn them on and off Via DTMF tones from a remote radio, saving a trip to the repeater site. Many programmable options. Had a minor repair needed and Customer service from Ron was excellant. Would recommend this repeater. Best value for the money.

W5GSR Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2006 21:31 Send this review to a friend
Great repeater for ham  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have this repeater up in the u.h.f ham band and works great.I also ordered the programming software and cable,this repeater is very easy to program.If you are going to put up a repeater I would give this one a try,and the tech help from Ron is great.