Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Penninger Specialized Antenna Hardware and Aluminum Tubing Help

Reviews Summary for Penninger Specialized Antenna Hardware and Aluminum Tubing
Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Tripods, Mast clamps, Tipping bases, Roof mounts, Tire mounts, Accessories, Side arm brackets, Mast tubing, Aluminum rounds & flats, Post mount brackets and Long sleeves.
More info: http://www.PenningerRadio.com

You can write your own review of the Penninger Specialized Antenna Hardware and Aluminum Tubing.

KC7KZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2007 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional Craftsmanship  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
During a tower installation, I found myself in need of a one of a kind bushing to mate a mast to a thrust bearing that had a two set screw non-centering design. Sounds like an easy problem to solve. Well, turned out not so easy around my QTH. I was unsuccessful in finding someone with a simple machine tool lathe and 3" aluminum stock that was willing to manufacture the bushing. Then, I found Charles Penninger. He advertises custom machining services to manufacture that special plate, bracket, bushing, or whatever. All he needs is a drawing to work with. One quick call, a simple diagram and a fax, and a few days later I was provided a custom machined bushing that perfectly mated the mast to the thrust bearing. The cost was very very reasonable as well. If you got something you need made to put your system together, I most highly recommend Charles. Hams helping Hams is a very good thing.

N8DDW Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2007 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Products for building an Ant. Farm Fast!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
OK, where has this guys stuff been my whole life? If you are looking for a nice grouping of products that are light, strong, easy to assemble (by yourself) and can quickly and easily get you up in the air fast, you found the right stuff! I'm an engineer, so I appreciate the quality. Its aluminum, so its light and easy to handle. I have several sections of the 2" x 6' x 1/8" "snap mast" using the "snap tube" joiners which I mounted to a 4x4 base using the less expensive "post mounts" (there are many versions of bases but I went with the most economical). Bada Bing, in no time at all a single individual who isn't impaired can have a vertical or small beam 20 to 30 feet in the air in absolutely no time. In my case, its a Hustler 6 BTV up 20'. Ok, this stuff isn't cheap (relatively speaking in comparison to steel) but guys, wake up, Aluminum has been the way to go for me for decades... I like being able to tilt up, tilt down, work on the ground, lift it all myself with no help needed. If you start using Penniger's stuff, you'll not only get hooked on it, you'll have antennas sprouting up all over the place! A fine product engineered and made right here in America... I challenge anyone to find an easier solution to your antenna erecting needs!

K2YT Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2007 14:12 Send this review to a friend
Perfectly done  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have two "Roof Mount Tippers" from Penninger. At the moment I have 36 feet of 2" diameter 1/8" mast on each one, with guys and a backstay on each one. They support a dipole perfectly. I'm going up to 48 feet soon. These are beautifully engineered products. Nicely done and worth every penny.