Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Bozak Antennas GP6V146 2m Base Station Omni Help

Reviews Summary for Bozak Antennas GP6V146 2m Base Station Omni
Bozak Antennas GP6V146 2m Base Station Omni Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $86.00
Description: 2 Meter 146 Mhz Ham radio omni base station antenna. 6 dBi gain, fiber glass, factory tuned ready to use out of the box. Stands about 8 feet tall. All stainless steel hardware included. Standard 50 ohm, PL-259 nicely inside the stainless steel base sleeve. 3 stainless steel radials. Mounts included. Designed for home or repeater use. Good for 143 to 149Mhz. Ready to use!
More info: http://members.tripod.com/~Bozak/HOMEPAGE.HTM

You can write your own review of the Bozak Antennas GP6V146 2m Base Station Omni.

KC1BKW Rating: 1/5 Jan 24, 2016 09:58 Send this review to a friend
This is not the antenna you are looking for  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So after reading the reviews this sounded like an antenna I wanted to upgrade to from my GP15. Come to find out, its not available in the US. Why? I don't know. So the new antenna that is still called the GP6V146 is just a 7 foot, vertical, fiberglass 2m stick,with no radials. Not the beautiful looking stainless steel and Fiberglas shown in the picture. And the price is now $179.00. The only thing that was stainless steel was the two hose clamps they supplied as the antenna mount. Steve did make good and sent me a real mount. The antenna is built, and drop-shipped from Childs antenna.
I mounted the GP6V146 antenna higher, a shorter coax run, and used better coax than on my GP15. The GP6V146 is noisy, and I pick up less stations or get a lower "S" signal than my GP15. Fail

N0FAM Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2013 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Best mono band vhf for price!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used 3 of Steves antennas for a total of 5 yrs. Both VHF & UHF models and they preform very well in a adverse environment.All antennas are tower side mounted at 75 ft, or higher. Even being side mounted they show better radiation patterns than antennas costing three times as much! Noise factors are fantasticly low for a glass antenna.In all one of the best antennas on the market for the money.Also were else can you talk to the owner at any Time!

KJ4DKT Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2012 10:39 Send this review to a friend
BUY IT!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one from Steve 2 or 3 years ago. It is now up at 20 ft. I hit our club repeater at 25 miles with no problem. Easy assembly and ruggedly built. Steve sells quality products. I wish other companies could compare for the price, but they dont. Money well spent on a quality antenna.

KB1RBZ Rating: 4/5 Jul 27, 2009 00:27 Send this review to a friend
works OK  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
could never quite get the swr below a 2.0 without a tuner. Called Steve Bozak and he didn't offer much help. Blamed it on my coax. Tried other coax with same results.Works great with a tuner on 10 meters! 1:1:1 with tuner (mfj949e)qso with Bermuda 59!

KE1MI Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2009 04:58 Send this review to a friend
I miss it! Buy one!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had a Bozak last year up about 30 feet. It worked perfect! SWR was 1.2 across the whole band, no tweaking or anything.

Then I thought I needed a yagi, and sold it. What a mistake, and as soon as I can I will replace it. Don't let anyone tell you they are junk (which I heard). Buy one, I worked the .76 machine in Rhoade Island from Central Vermont last summer, yes there was some enhancement, but it worked!

KB1NOX Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2008 08:23 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one, and loved it. The first contact was on simplex 35 miles away, and the receivers S meter was showing an S 5 or greater on 50 watts output. I loved the antenna so much I bought a bunch of them from Steve Bozak, and began selling them to friends in the two ham clubs I belong to. Most recently I installed one with a friend and with 50 watts regularly reaching 70 miles. With Full power on that Icom V-8000 75 watts we triggered a repeater 110 miles away. The Bozak GP6V146 is completely rebuildable, and is capable of handling 1000 watts. It is a no nonsense design, and performs very well. The highest SWR I have ever seen is 1.2-1 in variance of the frequency, of the 2 Meter band. You want to put this antenna as high as you can. You also want to feed it with a stout coax like an LMR-400. It has a UHF/SO-239 connector that is shielded by the mounting tube. The antenna kit comes with it's own mounting system, with brackets and stainless U-clamps. All you need is coax and a mast. You only need a Philips screwdriver, and a small adjustable wrench to assemble. I like to assemble threaded areas with silicone dielectric grease to keep the weather out and connections lubricated. This is a great performing antenna that will last you for many years.

K7AAB Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2008 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used this antenna for several years, it is built solid and never gave me any problems. Going to buy another soon as I left it behind in Seattle when I moved.

K8POS Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2008 18:43 Send this review to a friend
Just AWSOME  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Kept getting beat out on Ebay for one. Sent an Email to Steve Bozak asking if he had more in stock.
He replied with his phone number and asked me to call him the next day. Steve waited patently while I did the PayPal thing. 2 Days later it shows up at my door. I have been able to cut my power almost in half to distant repeaters, and my receive is better by 2S units for distant stations. The build quality is amazing. All chrome and fiberglass, no aluminum here.
You can't go wrong.
Bob

N0CODENOW Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2008 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Good Antenna  Time owned: months
This antenna performs well and is solidly built. After yesterday, I'll add rugged to the list. Winds in my area were sustained for several hours at 35-45 knots with gusts exceeding 60. It flexed but it didn't break. Still works like a champ. Bozak sells a quality product.

K4KD Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2008 08:35 Send this review to a friend
A great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the GP6 antenna without knowing anything about it. I emailed the order on Sunday and recieved it 2 days later on Tuesday. It took about 10 minutes to assemble. I put it up at only 15 feet. My first contact was on 146.52 simplex. The contacted station was 65 miles away. I hear repeaters that are much farther away. I can't wait to get it up higher.

I called Steve to order a 2meter/70 centimeter mobile antenna. He answered the phone and was very helpful and interesting to talk to. The antenna was sent out the following day.

You can't go wrong getting the GP6V146 or any other Bozak products.

Dan--K4KD