Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Bozak Antennas GP6V146 2m Base Station Omni Help

Reviews Summary for Bozak Antennas GP6V146 2m Base Station Omni
Bozak Antennas GP6V146 2m Base Station Omni Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $86.00
Description: 2 Meter 146 Mhz Ham radio omni base station antenna. 6 dBi gain, fiber glass, factory tuned ready to use out of the box. Stands about 8 feet tall. All stainless steel hardware included. Standard 50 ohm, PL-259 nicely inside the stainless steel base sleeve. 3 stainless steel radials. Mounts included. Designed for home or repeater use. Good for 143 to 149Mhz. Ready to use!
More info: http://members.tripod.com/~Bozak/HOMEPAGE.HTM

You can write your own review of the Bozak Antennas GP6V146 2m Base Station Omni.

N2VPC Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2008 00:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Surprising performance for the money. Comparable to antennas from Comet and other “premium” companies charging much, much more. It also worked very well (and with a respectably low SWR) when I used it at the low end of the commercial VHF band for a project I was doing.

KB2KFV Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2008 21:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality / Extremely Durable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned one of these antenna's for over ten years mounted 30 ft above my camper in the Adirondack Mountains. I took it down last year to check it and the fibreglass and hardware still look like new and the Antenna still performs as good as the day as when I purchased it.

The Gain on this antenna is not exaggerated, at all. I formerly had a cushcraft up in its place and I hear repeaters with the BOZAK GP6V146 that were totally inaudible before with the cushcraft.

I am now able to communicate on repeaters over 120 miles away or greater, with only 50 watts.

Assembly is a Breeze - All that is required is a
Phillips screwdriver and a crescent wrench.

Customer Support is #1 - I don't know of another antenna company where you can speak to the owner directly.

In closing, I own a 6 meter vertical and two other BOZAK beams and have found all of them to be of the same highest quality.

KE7JFA Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2007 06:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Can't get better than this antenna!
I originally had this antenna mounted at 11 feet and got killer results both through repeaters and simplex.
I then mounted it on a 30 foot push up mast and was hitting repeaters 150 miles away using a full 65 watts on a Yeasu FT-2800M and getting 1 bar of signal on receive. (This is no lie either)
Built like a tank.
Quality hardware and materials. No skimping on these antennas.
Ground plane radials are beefy.
I live in an area where we have wind,ice and snow. Survives 36 below zero weather, no problems at all. Keeps on tranmitting and receiving like it should.
Actually called Steve Bozak (Nice guy)for some advice on mounting and gave me straight up answers!
I would not buy anything else and would suggest purchasing Bozak's antennas.

K2NCC Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2007 19:26 Send this review to a friend
On the air in minutes! Good price and quality.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Now using repeaters that I couldn't even hear before! Dump that mag mount!

KF4OF1 Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2006 08:20 Send this review to a friend
nice antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well pleased with the Bozak antenna. Well built. Easy assembly. Great Performance. Great Price. Recommended!

OKC Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2006 18:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Craftsmanship!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow! This antenna is a real beauty!
Steve Bozak makes a fine product in this 2 meter Base Station Omni. It is beautifully constructed and was a breeze to assemble.
I appreciate the great personal customer service I received from Steve prior to my purchase, and was delighted to see what a fine piece of equipment this antenna is now that it has arrived.
The antenna was well packaged, all parts were present and of excellent quality. The radiator is a two-piece design and joins with a threaded stud and set screw. All of the parts are well designed, beautifully finished and fit perfectly.
Assembly took about 10 minutes with a Philips screwdriver and a small crescent wrench.
The photos above were taken by me of the antenna I bought.
I will post another review after I raise the antenna and use it for a while.

Graham Welch - OKC