Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Chevron Morse Key Help

Reviews Summary for Chevron Morse Key
Chevron Morse Key Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $£375 - £465
Description: "The Chevron Morse Key - Built With Passion For Great Morse Code"
More info: http://www.chevronmorsekeys.co.uk

You can write your own review of the Chevron Morse Key.

HA5BWW Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2014 04:06 Send this review to a friend
excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this masterpiece from HA7AP, as a present. After the Vibroplex de luxe I'm learning only.
Much better! I like it!
Thank You Imi, HA7AP!
Ed

PA7RA Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2012 22:26 Send this review to a friend
Highest Class  Time owned: more than 12 months

Hi
Since August 2011 I have the Chevron AGA # 36
I can only say one thing there is nothing better.
So beautiful and good that this paddle does its work one word amazing!
I also Begali, Shurr, Vibroplex that are good paddles but Chevron is just the top off the bill!
I work daily with the Chevron and if anything, it's an email to Kevin and you will soon will be answered via mail or Skype and your question is answered.
During the procces of assembling you will soon do something about the paddle is ready to have any info with photos!
If you wish to have on the appearance everything is always possible.
This is really a paddle that is made ​​for you!
If you do not like something you let know this to Kevin and it is changed as you want.
Okay it's a lot of money but it is well worth the Chevron.
This Paddle will always stay here in the shack.
First I got it for my birthday from my XYL and son!
second, better find you just can not.
Kevin thanks for this nice toy I really enjoy every day of it!

73 "
Rien, PA7RA

K8EAB Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2011 16:35 Send this review to a friend
Unsurpassed workmanship and performance ...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I received AGA-Chevron Iambic paddle # 007 on Christmas Eve 2008. For many years prior to that date, I searched for “the perfect Iambic paddle”. Today, nearly 3 years later, I realize I no more wish my paddle would do this or wouldn’t do that. After some minor adjustments when I got the paddle, I’ve not had to readjust the travel or tension of the levers at all. They stay where you put them. The paddle is heavy enough that no amount of my banging it will dislodge it from its position on my shack bench. Previous reviews speak of the absolute beauty of the paddle and consummate creation workmanship. All praise for the paddle and its creators is richly deserved.

Is it expensive? Yes, it is … Is my CW sending better because I’m using the AGA-Chevron paddle? Maybe, maybe not …I do think my CW sending is better because I’m confident this paddle will do what I need and want it do … make Morse code characters reliably and accurately every time I reach to use it.

Kevin Gunstone was a delight to work with during the ordering, manufacturing, and delivery process. I can think of no better compliment to this device and it’s creators than to tell them I have just realized I haven’t been searching for the “perfect Iambic paddle” for quite some time now … nearly 3 years!

73, Weymouth (Wey) Walker …
K8EAB

EI7BA Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2011 07:33 Send this review to a friend
The best yet!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I presently own, or have owned, some very fine CW paddles. I heard about the Chevron from friends, and having read the reviews, curiosity eventually got the better of me. I sent in my order to Kevin M0AGA. This was done with a little trepidation, as the Chevron could not be accused of being cheap....in any sense of that word. When the key arrived some time later, and I used it for the first time, I knew I had made no mistake.
Other reviewers have waxed eloquent on the qualities of the Chevron, so I am not going to bore you with the same superlatives, but I will say this..
It may just be possible that there is someone else out there that can make a paddle as good as this, but I'm pretty sure that there's nobody out there that can make a better one!
Thanks Kevin!

NU5X Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2011 17:33 Send this review to a friend
great key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Was going to order a Chevron when I was fortunate enough to hear of one available second hand. I spoke with Kevin via email because the magnet strength and paddles were not to my liking. A few days later I had the new strength magnets and paddles of my choice delevered. The service is excellent and the key is even better. I have owned all the top keys on the market.
As for performance, it is like it's on steroids. Machine quality and overall finish is simply the best. A good guy to deal with,

HA7AP Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2011 03:44 Send this review to a friend
The best of the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Honestly! I can't really add anything that wasn't said already, except the fact that I completely agree with N3ND and K1JD's view.

I have the new AGA Chevron key #34

This paddle looks the most beautiful to me.
It bring a smile on my face, every time I look at it.
It is a real jewelry.
Very heavy and stable.

I find that, the thinner finger plate works better for me at high speed QRQ operation.

Kevin,M0AGA is a very friendly person.
We had a lot of E-mail exchange back and forth. I received pix and we also had a enjoyable long conversation on skype too:-)
I also like the costum made name badge a lot on top of key.
The key has a feather light feel of touch.
It runs flawless, and very easy to send clean code with it.
It was very easy to adjust the paddle, and it works perfect and flawless with the smallest gap between contacts possible.
I am completely satisfied with my new toy

73 de Imi HA7AP

WA6KYR Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2010 21:43 Send this review to a friend
perfect key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my key a few days ago. I bought the all chrome AGA key with green rounded rectangular finger plates. I also got gold plated contacts. Visually the key is stunning. The perfect chrome finish is almost like velvet. Reminiscent of those chrome motorcycles that must be inside the garage all the time to look that good. Visually I noticed chamfered and curved edges making the key look like jewelry.
Mechanically the key is incredibly smooth and responsive. The finger plates fit your hands. The key is compact but very heavy with good rubber mounts so it will not slide on the table. The thread adjustment stays put and is very precise. Mechanically everything lines up and
is very precise like a precision instrument. The other feature according to one of my expert ham friends is that the magnets push instead of pull the mechanical arms making for a very responsive key. Maybe that explains why it performs so well
These keys are made to order but worth the wait.

bye Richard

KT5X Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2009 11:34 Send this review to a friend
may never be exceeded  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The only reason I have rated this paddle a five, is that six, or perhaps more in scale, ten, isn't available. Others have said well why. It is functionally flawless, and the finish work is better than that. I have used very nearly all paddles that have ever been made. This is beyond them all. The paddle will last a lifetime, and bring a smile every time you use it.

GU4CHY Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2007 07:07 Send this review to a friend
Oustanding quality and great service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I fully endorse the review by N3ND. I just want to add that the outstanding quality of the paddle is backed up by outstanding service from the team that build them.
Kevin M0AGA sent me regular e-mails with pix of the paddle as it progressed. He would not accept payment until the build was finished.
The key is not cheap but there is no finer paddle on the market. My other paddles include the Brown Bros BTL-A and Begali Magnetic Classic. I like them all but the Chevron is the one I would grab if the shack caught fire.
If you are searching for a top-end paddle I cannot recommend it or the Chevron team more highly.

73 Dick GU4CHY

GI0RQK Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2007 07:00 Send this review to a friend
As good as it gets  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
There is not really much more I could add to the previous great reviews of the Chevron paddle key by N3ND and K1JD.

I found out about the Chevron Morse key from a friend. My first impression of the key was that it was a bit expensive. I debated purchasing one for a while.
An e-mail and later a telephone call to Kevin (M0AGA) and a key was ordered.
As the Chevron is made to order I had to wait a few weeks for the key.
I eagerly anticipated the arrival of the key. Eventually the big day came when the Chevron arrived. I had high expectations and certainly was not disappointed. Here was something special, I was lost for words.

The Chevron is a beautiful key. Materials, finish and build quality are excellent.
There has been a lot of thought and time gone into the design and development.
Great attention has been given to the subtle details.

I enjoy using the Chevron on air. It puts a smile on my face. What more can I say.
The key is capable of use way beyond my skill limits.
It has certainly inspired me to a higher standard of code.

I do not like to use the old cliché of how this is the best ever Morse key.
There are some nice keys about. I think that the Chevron is one of the all time great keys. The Chevron is as good as it gets.

My only regret is that I did not order one sooner.

I would like to wish the Chevron Team (Kevin Alan and Ray) all the best for the future. Keep up the good work.

Colin