Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Larsen 1/4 wave NMO Q-SPEC Black Help

Reviews Summary for Larsen 1/4 wave NMO Q-SPEC Black
Larsen 1/4 wave NMO Q-SPEC Black Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $13.20 at HRO
Description: Field Tuneable NM0 1/4 wave antenna...136-960 MHz.
More info: http://www.radialllarsen.com

You can write your own review of the Larsen 1/4 wave NMO Q-SPEC Black.

AC5AA Rating: 4/5 Nov 14, 2011 17:20 Send this review to a friend
Performs well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used a couple of these over the nine years I had my F-150 pickup. I used a mag mount in the center of the roof, and it performed very well both with repeaters and mobile-to-mobile. My garage door is just a few inches off the top of the truck, so this low-profile mount helped make the whip last longer than taller bases. Still, I needed to keep a stock of the little buttons inside that attach to the bottom of the whip and contact the NMO center pin. Replacement whips are very inexpensive in the unlikely event you break one. Hard to beat this for price/performance.

KK9H Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2010 06:37 Send this review to a friend
The standard of comparison  Time owned: more than 12 months
The performance of a roof mounted 1/4 wave antenna is hard to beat. Whether you mount it permanently or use a magnetic base, these are the standard for making antenna comparisons. I have used them for years, and in many cases, prefer them to the longer length gain type antennas.

AJ6B Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2010 00:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Performer  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Can never go wrong with a 1/4 wave! Just make sure to cut carefully and don't use your best wire cutters. =/

1.2:1 to 1.3:1 SWR on a 222-225, entire band.

I bought a few extras just in case anything happends to this one. You can also buy extra whips, just in case. I love how the Larsen antennas seal to my roof. No leaks!

NW2M Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2006 08:54 Send this review to a friend
Rock solid on any band  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second Larsen antenna and they both work great. A 1/4 wave on the 2M band is only 19" tall, so it works well with parking garages on the roof of my mini van. The NMO mount is rock solid and provides an excellent ground. A 1/4 wave antenna does not bend back at 60 MPH like a 48" tall 5/8 does, so it may perform better at speed than a 5/8 wave. Overall, an excellent value.

K7JGB Rating: 4/5 Aug 12, 2006 17:48 Send this review to a friend
Urban Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a mono-bander antenna. It comes 22 long and you must cut it do desired frequency. I use it for 440 and it works great in an urban environment where the repeaters are high up on a building or mountain top. It is easy to cut and tune. It is only 6 for 440 making it a great parking garage antenna. The only draw back is there is no gain to this antenna. Larsen says it has unity gain. I had good results with it and look forward to making a 1/4 wave VHF out of another Q-SPEC