Reviews Categories | Ham Repeaters | Uniden ARU-251 UHF Repeater Help

Reviews Summary for Uniden ARU-251 UHF Repeater
Uniden ARU-251 UHF Repeater Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $Used $150 - 300
Description: 25-watt UHF Repeater
More info: http://www.uniden.com

You can write your own review of the Uniden ARU-251 UHF Repeater.

KA9QPN Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2014 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Dirt Simple and Just Works  Time owned: more than 12 months
There's nothing fancy here. You have to put your own CWIDer in. I elected to bypass the internal controller and put a NHRC-2 controller in. Which is another gem. Recorded voice and more features than I will ever use for $169. The combination is bulletproof and gives us a nice local repeater for our small town. Tunes up easily and there still should be some to be gotten after the Great Narrowbanding.

KE7IOD Rating: 4/5 Dec 14, 2011 20:41 Send this review to a friend
Reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased one of these old repeaters tuned up on GMRS frequencies. Picked it up off Ebay for $210, crystaled, PL tone setup, and tuned, ready to roll.
I still need to get it setup on a duplexor, right now I have it hooked up to two antennas.
My only problem with it is the reciever, a resistor is loose causing it to not receive correctly. I need to take it apart and solder it back on the board.

NB7I Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2007 05:47 Send this review to a friend
Cheap and Reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had one of these in service as a repeater for ten years, after a local ham pulled it out of a garbage can. I added a thermostat controlled fan system, and the PA has withstood being keyed for hours at a time. The transmitter does drift, but otherwise no serious flaws. It sits in an unheated building at 8000 feet elevation.
Best of all I bought a working spare at a ham fest a few years back for $1; never had to use it.
Ken

AB5GU Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2007 22:14 Send this review to a friend
great little repeater  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 2 of them operationg at the bottom of the 440 band, 441.700. They easily tune down into the ham bands. Self contained, built in power supply, built in duplexer. What more could you want?

N1RIK Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2006 17:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Repeater!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a very simple unit. Sensitive, and most used ones you can find on the market have duplexers built in. I'm currently running mine on 442.400 in Southern Pines, NC with a roof top installation, and it stays on 24/7. It does what I need it to do. Manuals and modifications are available @ www.repeater-builder.com - 73s ~ Bill, n1rik