Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | JRC NRD-535 Help

Reviews Summary for JRC NRD-535
JRC NRD-535 Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $1600.00
Description: General Coverage Receiver

You can write your own review of the JRC NRD-535.

N1KPR Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2006 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Still my favorite  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the last radio that will ever leave my shack. I have many, but the 535 is the do-all, be-all for me. This isn't my best radio, but it is my favorite. I won't go into all the tech stuff except to say that its sensitivity, selectivity and dynamic range are fine for everything that I do. It is by far the most ergonomic of all the receivers I have, without confusing menues, buttons, and things that have to be memorized. I have spent many, many night time hours in front of my old friend - the NRD-535D. The 515 and 545 both hold a very close second, for their own special reasons, but his guy is still #1 in my stable.
KZ5I Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2006 21:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently acquired a JRC NRD-535D from Ebay and I'm glad I did. The receiver has excellent audio. The internal speaker does an adequate job but will do better with an outboard speaker as mentioned in earlier reviews.

The receiver is user friendly and the large display is pleasing to look at. I haven't really needed to use many of the controls as yet except for the notch filter and from where I sit it does an excellent job.

The model I am reviewing is the 535D and it does have a few more interference controls than the 535 does.

* easy to use