Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Alinco DJ-X7E Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DJ-X7E
Alinco DJ-X7E Reviews: 1 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Wide Band Communication Receiver DJ-X7T/E
More info: http://www.alinco.com/

You can write your own review of the Alinco DJ-X7E.

RAZIKAR Rating: 2/5 Sep 2, 2006 17:12 Send this review to a friend
Small, light and immature  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Alinco DJ-X7E was my first scanner. I paid 169 Euros, which currently is 216 Dollars.

It is small and light, yet it makes a sturdy impression. The Li-Ion batteries are charged in-unit. This is perfect, as long a they don't run down in the field, off an AC plug. I'd prefer being able to use alkalines in that case.

Lacking experience with other scanners, I cannot comment on the reception. I however think that any other radio I've seen had a better reception in the respective AM/FM radio bands.

Operating the receiver required studying the manual. After a day or so I got used to the basic operations, but I wonder if I would remember the procedures after a week. Carrying the manual along with the receiver is probably recommended.

I noticed that the receiver would not scan about half of the FM radio band in auto-mode. I tried everything, including factory-reset, but without success.

Then I noticed that the receiver would not skip the the frequency in the PAS (pass) bank approx. 50% of the time. This renders the pass frequency feature absolutely useless.

I emailed Alinco for help on these issues, but did not get any response from them.

Luckily I were able to return the receiver to the dealer for a full refund.