Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | CC User Program Help

Reviews Summary for CC User Program
CC User Program Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $0.00
Description: Full featured Telnet and TNC program for use with CC Cluster , AR Cluster or DX Spider Nodes. This 32 Bit Windows Program that allows "point and click" setting of node parameters. It runs under Win95 and later versions of Windows. CC has Telnet, DDE, and RS-232 outputs for logging and contest programs. It can insert States and Provinces into feed to contest programs to aid in multiplier determination. Dx spots, WWV, Announces, Mail, filtering, etc. all have their own tabs on the display. For Dx Spots, each band has its own color. Removes bad Dx Spots (blank or duplicate). Can be set to reject dx spots by caller, dx call or by comments. Displays bearing and distance to Dx. As well as the usual data in a dx spot, the following data can also be shown. Spotter's node, Spotters country, Dx Country's regular prefix, Dx Country name, spotter and Dx stations CQ/ITU zones, grid squares, states/provinces. LOTW. Flags Dx calls with "+" before the callsign if the Dx Station uses LoTW. Full WWV data displayed on Dx Spot page. Hypertext links can be clicked. Auto reconnects and gets missed spots. QRZ.com page displayed by clicking on Dx or spotter callsign. For TNCs, receives spots in both connected and unconnected modes and broadcast UI Frames. Can send you an email alert for needed countries. Saves Dx Spots to log file for later analysis or reloading to program.
More info: http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc/

You can write your own review of the CC User Program.

MM3XXW Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2010 04:54 Send this review to a friend
Simply excellent .....  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very effective programme, simple to set up and use and just in case you do have a problem a quick email to Lee will have the solution in a jiffy.

I use this everyday and will continue to do so far into the future.

N7MAL Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2010 02:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been involved with packet clusters for probably 30 years. There has never been a better program for users than the VE7CC software. Lee also stands behind his software and is very easy to contact. Plus he does it all for free.

K6RF Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2009 07:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent DX Tool !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was listening to a group on 75 meters and one of them mentioned the program. I did a search and downloaded the program. A day or two later I installed it and was very impressed, especially for a free program. That was two weeks ago and now it is in use daily. If your a hard core DXer or just a casual DX chaser as I am, do yourself a favor and get this software, you will be glad you did. Its a great tool to have in your shack.

WD0M Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2009 17:50 Send this review to a friend
Super DX Cluster Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hard to believe it's free! I've been using it for years, and am amazed at the progression of the program and the added features. I've interfaced it with several logging programs and found that the versatility and ability to tailor the program to my needs to be superb!

One of my favorite features is that the program will 1) announce the DX spot audibly, or 2) send me an email to let me know the DX I'm looking for has been spotted and is on the air. Actually ,it will do both at the same time!

Lee is to be commended for making this exceptional program available for free to the ham radio enthusiast.

Great job Lee!!

VE3SUB Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2007 12:33 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
The evolution of this program makes it the best software of it's kind. I love the fact that the LOTW features have been included. Since I heard about it several of my fellow amateurs have downloaded it and like it as much as I do. I use the WX plus, talk, filters, mail, wwv, and ann features daily. Lee supports this program 100%. I have emailed him in the passed and the reply came the same day, what a guy! Keep those program updates coming Lee.

AD1C Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2007 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Does what some logging programs can't do  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this program for two primary reasons:

- it has a "keep-alive" function which can create an uninterrupted connection between your logging software and your DX cluster node. It even fills in the missing DX spots if the connection is temporarily lost.

- it can filter out DX spots and announcements from callsigns you choose to ignore.

W0MU Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2007 05:27 Send this review to a friend
Super Program!  Time owned: more than 12 months
CC User is a great interface to the packet clusters. It allows a user to setup custom filters. You are able to quickly setup what type of spots you want to see and where the spots originate from. This is all done in a visual way. No need to remember the various cluster commands for filtering.

You can set up alarms so you are alerted when that rare one shows up or there is an opening on 2m or 6m.

The program also interfaces well with most logging and contest programs.

K2MK Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2007 07:02 Send this review to a friend
Incredibly easy to use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I always wanted to add filters to my K8SMC telnet node but found the non-intuitive command language difficult to master. And I had to frequently turn to a cheat sheet to help. And I never could figure out how to filter the spot originators.

On the K8SMC web page they recommended using VE7CC's program. What a great recommendation. It is incredibly easy to do whatever you want to do. I use it both as a stand alone program and when I log onto the node while using WriteLog all of my settings are retained when I telnet sh/mydx.

This is a great product. And it's free!!!

WV1K Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2006 17:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent every day since version 1  Time owned: more than 12 months
I started using this program when it was named AR User. Lee then changed the name to reflect the development of his own CC Cluster app, named after his call, VE7CC.

This program is great for manipulating the Cluster data in any way imaginable. The program is very stable and perhaps the two best features are the auto reconnect and the filtering.

You can shut off 160-40m during the height of daylight, for example. And you can limit your spots to any state or country of origin.

Tabbed browsing is clearly the way browsers are going anyway and it saves mouse movements.

There is far too much to describe here. You just have to play with it.

Lee updates it several times a month.