Reviews Categories | Voice Keyers | DVP Help

Reviews Summary for DVP
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: (missing—add Description)
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the DVP.

PA7DX Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2013 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Great oldy   Time owned: more than 12 months
We used this DVP card a lot back in the CT days with the DOS operation computers.
I still have it left in stock in an old 486 and it is still working. Operater change was super.
Easy to use and it never broke down.
Too bad the ISA card you cannot slot into a modern computer anymore

K4SO Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2000 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Don't overlook this alternative!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was surprised to not find a review of this flagship of the voice keyer category. My experience is limited to the old Nel-Tech DVK100 (the original, I think) and the used of Voice Blaster software with a sound card. The DVP is better than either in terms of integration and quality. I use CT exclusively for contesting and the DVP is an integral part. It's unique "backcopy" function provides continuous recording of a 30-second loop of receiver audio that can be saved in snippets up to the full time and tied to a log entry. I have a few choice bits saved when unique stations called during a contest. The voice synthesis, using recorded fragments of the operators voice needs careful pruning and effort to make it useful, but could save the day if you really loose your voice in one of the 48-hour events. Being able to change operators and having separate files for each in a multi-op environment is a real plus also (I don't know whether other devices offer this or not). In my experience, to make full use of its backcopy function, along with packet and radio interfacing, you need a high-end 486 (66MHz and up) or low-end Pentium class machine (75MHz and up). The used price is usually around $100-$150 and often includes the "factory" cable. Although I got mine working with a homebrew cable, I'd recommend the commercial unit for shielding and ground loop isolation. Its performed flawlessly for at least 5 years for me and is a real plug-and-play performer.