Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Watson Power-Mite 20A Switch Mode Power Supply Help

Reviews Summary for Watson Power-Mite 20A Switch Mode Power Supply
Watson Power-Mite 20A Switch Mode Power Supply Reviews: 13 Average rating: 2.7/5 MSRP: $49 (GBP)
Description: AC switch mode 20A variable 11 - 15V power supply. Suitable for shack, portable or travel use.

You can write your own review of the Watson Power-Mite 20A Switch Mode Power Supply.

EI2JC Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2007 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Works Fine for Me  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought one of these to power an Icom 706 MKII G which I use at a /P location.I was attracted by the small size and price.Its parked beside the 706,I don't get any noticeable RF hash and the fan noise is not obtrusive.
I will admit it doesn't get 'pounded' for hours on end,just moderate use but for the job I wanted it for it works fine and is good value.

GWHAM Rating: 2/5 Oct 7, 2007 03:22 Send this review to a friend
Trips out on switchon  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I first considered the PowerMite I had thoughts on why it cost 60% of the price of a model with similar spec in the range.

On first switch on with a 100W HF rig it tripped,tripped again then worked. Now it trips once or twice on first use each day. The HF rig works perfectly with other 20 - 25 amp PSUs.

The HF rig only takes 100ma on standby so the PowerMite clearly has a problem.

M0EDY Rating: 0/5 Jul 19, 2007 03:38 Send this review to a friend
crap  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
hi got a new one at a rally got home it do not work
tried for two days to get it to work
returned for a refund