Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Stealth CTHA Help

Reviews Summary for Stealth CTHA
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 0.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: CTHA (contrawound toroidal helical antenna)
More info: http://www.nomosno.com/stealth.html

You can write your own review of the Stealth CTHA.

KD4ZD Rating: 0/5 Mar 14, 2000 09:11 Send this review to a friend
Don't believe the Advertising!!!  Time owned: unknown months
My "STEALTH" Contrawound Toroidal Helical Antenna (CTHA) arrived on 01 Nov 99. I purchased it to fill a desire I have for a small "do it all, take it anywhere" HF antenna. It had appeared in several ads in issues of QST! This type of antenna may be a good direction to go but it's not there yet! I have an AEA ISO-LOOP antenna in my attic that I have been using for six years, and a homebrew G5RV hanging outside at 15 ' above ground. I installed this antenna as per directions and lay it on top of my rooftop. (asphalt shingles) Even on the 20M & 40M bands thay claim this to work the best it was a flop. It wasn't even as good as my mobile antenna in the driveway! I really believe you can throw a homebrew "Snake" antenna outside on the ground and it would do a better job than this; Revolutionary New "STEALTH" antenna. To give the JWM retailer credit, they did refund my money, but it took a full month to get my check after my antenna arrived back to them. Remember, if it sounds to good to be true.....