Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | DD-103 Universal Digital Dial Help

Reviews Summary for DD-103 Universal Digital Dial
DD-103 Universal Digital Dial Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$100-$125
Description:

Digital LCD readout for vintage radios and most transmitters

More info: http://www.electronicspecialtyproducts.com

You can write your own review of the DD-103 Universal Digital Dial.

K4ZNC Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2009 12:01 Send this review to a friend
Great product and service  Time owned: months
Sent my check to ESP expecting to wait until the check cleared, but no, received the DD-103 within a few days of ESP getting my personal check. Good customer service and hope he never gets burned!

Took couple of minutes to hook up the DD-103 to my FT 101E. Came preprogrammed with a cable for the FT 101E ($15.00 for the cable).

Worked flawless out of the box. Color matches the FT 101E with LED readout. Nice piece of a kit ESP!

This unit works with older receivers and trnasceivers, and you can program it for any number of older radios.

John K4ZNC

KC9NCS Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2009 14:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product At Very Reasonable Price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased a DD-103 for use on a Yaesu FT-101E after being unable to locate a YC-601 at a reasonable (sub $200) price.

The DD-103 does exactly what it's advertised to do. I purchased mine pre-assembled with the cable. The build quality of the DD-103 is exceptional, compact in design and easy to connect and use.

Had it connected to my FT-101E in less than 2 minutes and setup, ready to run in less than 5. Frequency counter is easy to see, use, program and calibrate, just follow the instructions that came with it.

The DD-103 made using my FT-101E a joy again, and I've recommended this unit to several friends.

If you're looking for a quality, yet inexpensive frequency counter for an older tube rig, you simply cannot go wrong by purchasing a DD-103 Universal Digital frequency counter.

KI6NQT Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2008 11:58 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
With my Drake TR-4 ultra easy pre-programed. With the plug n play harness was a snap. Beautiful blue display and fast ship/communication makes this one of the best deals out there.

KI4YZV Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2008 05:16 Send this review to a friend
Works great w/TS-520  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use this with my Kenwood TS-520. Came pre-calibrated for my radio. Right on the money.

WA8SAJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2006 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have 3 of the DD-103's and so far, very good digital-dial.
The kits go together very well and they work right off the bat.
I have one on a Drake R-4A, Hallicrafters SX-100 and a Kenwood TS-520. The unit can be calibrated for any other radio that is not installed and fine calibration is a snap.
I would like to see a "blue" readout, but the "green" is ok for now.
Ron has done a nice job and the cabinet and front panel color is perfect for most rigs.

WB0MCO Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2006 09:17 Send this review to a friend
LCD VFO Readout  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If your into vintage radios this is a great
add on. A LCD digital frequency readout for your
VFO dial.
I bought mine in the kit,it takes about 2-1/2
to 3 hours to assemble.
I've got it wired to a restored Hallicrafters
SX100,just a great product!