Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | ZeroFive Antennas 10 - 40 meter multiband vertical Help

Reviews Summary for ZeroFive Antennas 10 - 40 meter multiband vertical
ZeroFive Antennas 10 - 40 meter multiband vertical Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $190.00
Description: This vertical is a 24 foot tall freestanding element.Can be fed with coax to a antenna tuner in the shack or for use with a remote tuner at the base of the vertical for 10 through 40 meter operation.Made from t-832 aluminum tubing ,Comes with all hardware.Power rating 3 kw ssb.
More info: http://WWW.ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS.COM

You can write your own review of the ZeroFive Antennas 10 - 40 meter multiband vertical.

K5YY Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2013 16:21 Send this review to a friend
6-80m 29' vertical - great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Only have had this a short time but the main comment I have is on the QUALITY of Tom's product. Am reporting on this 29 foot 6-80m model since no specific review page on this antenna. I do not need to wait until I set the vertical up because ALL of us have different grounding situations, radials (elevated or grounded), surrounding structures, various quality of tuners. What I am saying is that if THIS vertical setup does NOT work, then it is operator error, lack of a little experimentation and such, and NOT due to the starting point ... a solid, well built balun and vertical element structure. Buy one, work it into your particular situation and just make sure you have a decent antenna tuner to zero this in on your particular band of operation. The packing was beautiful, emails and telephone calls answered promptly, a really good quality of service on all fronts.
Again, this is the 29 foot vertical with the 9:1 balun supplied by Tom, a work of art too!!

KB0LCO Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2013 17:28 Send this review to a friend
P E R F E C T   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Use to a Mosley beam at 45 feet, great antenna BUT had to move. All vertical antenna comments made me nervous. NOT SO with ZERO FIVE. Tom is excellent and honest with his product and what he represents. Taught machine shop 32 years and his construction and materials are beyond reproach - perfect. Install time after getting my pipe in ground was 30 minutes. Has already withstood winds at 45 mph no problem. Now for performance - 43 days operating with Ten Tec Jupiter at 100 watts 77 COUNTRIES on mixed bands 40, 20, 17, 15 and 10. Have broke several pile ups on DX expeditions all reports are always 5/5 to 5/9 plus. Noise level very very low. While I have not worked them yet hearing India, Iran and Hong Kong no problem. When you consider cost of tower, rotor and beam it's a no brainer - ZERO FIVE hands down.
While I would take my beam back if I could, I do not find myself at a disadvantage with the 10-40 vertical.
I would buy again with no problem.. Think too many people bad mouth a vertical without using one. Because specs and techs and math shows one thing on paper doesn't mean that usage can't be different. I have had hams tell me the antenna can't work at all without buried radials, they are wrong. Not knocking anyones product but I believe this to be the best vertical in production. No radials buried, no traps, no hollow tubing, no light thin materials, no tuners. Have worked as many station without my tuner as with.
At least this is what my log shows.
100 WATTS --- 43 DAYS --- 77 COUNTRIES --- MIXED BANDS early mornings till late at night. What's wrong with this picture.
Maybe other verticals cost less, I don't know. I think I have got what I paid for. Fast shipping, great materials, easy set up, tech support, performance and USA manufactured in ILLNOIS, what else does money buy.

Thanks Tom and ZERO FIVE
Larry KB0LCO in Missouri

N1TIZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2012 08:41 Send this review to a friend
very well, built works perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just put up my zero five 10 thru 40 vertical up in less than one hour on existing mast, no tuning just assemble to markings, Run 100 ft of rg213u to rig and palstar 4tk tuner. With my set up, I can tune 10 thru 40 dead flat, performance is superior to my 15 year old dx 77 which did me well, but this antenna out performs it by a mile. I would recommend this antenna to anyone who is in need of a vertical for 10 thru 40 meters. This is a very high quality built antenna. N1TIZ

N8DV Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2012 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is an update of the antenna. After going through a rather mild winter, it still performs as the day I installed it. SWR is still low and with in the specs. I get good reports from stations when I compare it with my Alpha-Delta multi-band dipole at 30 feet. I even can load it up on 75 meter phone and still get 2:1 or less. It's just an awesome, well-made American antenna.

VE4AMN Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2010 20:59 Send this review to a friend
A step up  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a step up from my R5 and MA-6v. It is a larger unit, but without the traps, it is cleaner in appearance. My XYl approved, which totally floored me.

It tunes easily on all bands with my internal tuner on the FT-1000mp and I can get it to tune on 80 with narrow bandwidth.

It receives about 1 - 1.5 S units better than the other verticals and about 1 S unit better than my inverted V on 40 (up about 30'). I have improved my ability to crack pileups.

All things considered a worthwhile investment. And one last thing... it is really well built and easy to assemble.

Highly recommended.

WA3AER Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2010 07:47 Send this review to a friend
Solid Product and Support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As a city dweller whose lot is bordered by power lines, options for towers/beams
and long, wire antennae are limited. A vertical seemed the only workable
alternative, plus I had the benefit of having a house with a metal roof -
instant ground plane! On-line research led me to Tom and ZeroFive. Users seemed
happy with their purchases and Tom's customer support. What I saw of ZeroFive
construction suggested a robust, well-implemented design. So, here I am -
another satisfied ZeroFive customer. And Tom's support is first class both
before and after the sale.

What I purchased is the 24ft. vertical. It is chimney mounted atop the metal
roof and fed with 100ft. RG213, the ZeroFive UNUN (well made assembly), and a
MFJ-993B antenna tuner. I am likely going to swap out the UNUN and inside tuner
for a remote tuner this Spring to improve transfer efficiency.

The antenna installation got completed on a cold, breezy day in December, 1 week
before the first snowfall of the season. Assembly was easy: Sections are pre-
marked to facilitate assembly. I used Aluminum anti-corrosion grease at each of
the section joints before sliding sections together to clamp them. The initial
assembly was done on the ground in 3 sections: pivot base and mount pole plus 2
antenna sections to make it easier to transport up to the sloping roof at 30-
35ft. and perform the final assembly without risk of having parts become the
play toys of gravity. The pivoting base really made the final erection of the
vertical an easy, 1-person task.

So, how does the antenna perform? In a word, "well" on 40 through 10M. I have
even managed to tune the antenna on 80M and make a some state-side
contacts. The intrinsic noise level where I live renders 80M, and sometime even
40M, unusable. However, from 30M on up, I have had better than satisfactory
success working both DX and US stations with 100W. I'm not a pile up buster,
but I do get through. So, I guess a 24ft. ground plane at 30-35ft. elevation
works OK; and the noise level is no worse than the end-fed long wire antenna
strung out my back window (which does no where near as good a job as the
vertical). Would I like a beam atop a 100ft. tower? Sure; but, in the city
that's not going to happen. The proximity of power lines makes that a no-go
option in the absence of other restrictions.

The winter here in Maryland gave the antenna a good physical work out with 3
storms that packed sustained winds of 45-55MPH. The ZeroFive stands tall, no
bends.

N0CTI Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2009 20:07 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding vertical!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After years of using home-brew wire antennas, I decided to go with my first commercial one and what a difference. Very low SWR on 10-40M. Signal reports are consistently 1 or 2 numbers higher. Reception much improved too. Now operate without the preamp much of the time. I'm not the weakest guy in pileups now. The day after installation, it survived 50+ mph winds with no problem. The ground is 100 sq ft of welded wire concrete reinforcing mesh staked down 50+ times plus 4 50' radials. Assembly of the antenna was much easier than construction of the ground. I use a LDG 4:1 balun, direct bury coax and a lightning arrestor. Rig is a TS-480 @ 200W. Now I see what I've been missing and wish I'd bought it sooner. Outstanding customer service too.

Bill N0CTI
Colorado

KC8OKG Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2007 15:32 Send this review to a friend
Get One!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the best antenna I have ever used. The build quality is outstanding. The performance is excellent. The service is the best in the industry without a doubt. Tom is the best guy you will ever deal with and puts out the best products money can buy. Without going into details and putting down the competition, this antenna outperfoms anything else I have ever used. Im glad I own one. Im also glad there are manufacturers out there like Zerofive antennas that put out great products. Products like this make ham radio fun and productive. I have worked stations that I would have never worked before purchasing this antenna.
If you are in the market for an antenna like this, you wont go wrong with this zerofive. Thanks for reading my post. Sincerely, Greg Sarris KC8OKG

K9KEJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2006 07:16 Send this review to a friend
Better than I ever expected!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sorry if this sounds a bit melodramatic, but the story needs to be told.
First off, I happen to have a piece of back yard property that literally acts like a sheet of copper. The ground is highly conductive, and extremely reflective. I used to run a 4-band trap vertical (without radials and worked every DX station I heard). I found a prior thread about no-radial verticals amusing. I happened to visit a local ham and couldn't help but notice the tall vertical in his back yard. It was the multi-band, no trap, Zero-Five antenna, manufactured in the western suburbs of Chicago. I called Tom, the owner, told him what I planned on doing, antenna-wise, and the next thing I knew he was at my front door with the new stick. I wanted to improve my already great operating scenario and after a meticulous installation, I discovered I had literally gained 4-5 S units with the new antenna.
I do not work for Tom nor do I own any stock in his company. I paid cash for the antenna--nothing free here.
I then ndecided to expand the antenna's range. Tom suggested I purchase a balun so the antenna could be extended to 75 and 160 meters.
He came back a week later and added a section to it. We also added a half dozen long radials as well.
Using an LDG At-1000, auto-tuner,I have been able to work 160-10 with this antenna without any problems.
I kept a journal on both the 4-band, trap vertical and the new multi-band Zero-Five. I am dead serious as to the results.
I get consistent reports of 4-5 S units more over the old antenna. W0LAV, Charlie, in Missouri, has witnessed the result by being in a number of three-way QSOs with me.
Friends in VK land are also impressed with the increase in my signal strength as well!