Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting Help

Reviews Summary for W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting
W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting Reviews: 130 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Description: Plans, installs, maintains, and repairs amateur radio antennas, towers, rotators and related cabling. Also paints rusting towers and performs Insurance Estimates. Nearly 50 years of amateur radio experience. Will provide service anywhere worldwide, with clients in the USA, Carribean, and South America. Member of the CQ Contest "Hall of Fame". Supports towers 20' to over 200', for Big Gun DXers, Contesters, and Little Pistols. Supports all types of antennas and towers. No task too small, no project too large. Reasonable rates. Contact John directly for a consultation and estimate. John Crovelli W2GD/P40W w2gd@hotmail.com 908-391-5611 (c)

You can write your own review of the W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting.

WG2Y Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 07:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Job All Around  Time owned: months
I needed to have a balun and coax replaced on my tower. I contacted John and his response was prompt. The scheduled day had temperatures in the low 30's. That did not deter John He arrived and did his work in a professional manner. If it was a warmer day I would have fired up the grill and cracked a few open with him. He was that much fun to have around. Call him if you need tower service you will not be dissapointed.

KT0F Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2014 09:25 Send this review to a friend
Over the top, best of the best!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Can't say enough about John, W2GD and his excellent skill. John had been responding to my e-mails on and off for the past 3 years as we decided the install at my location. It is important to note that John works on 'little pistol' stations like mine as well as the big multi multis, which is fantastic. The first thing that you notice about John is that he likes to answer yes when asked about projects. His can do attitude is manifest in every action that he emulates.

Our project involved a roof mounted tower and Force 12 beam antenna. Through many challenges (outside temperature upon his arrival = 1 degree and that is not a misprint) John reacted as a true professional crafting the necessary assemblies to create an awesome, finished product.

His consult after the project has not deprecated. His rates, disclosures and recommendations are honest and resemble experience hard to eclipse.

At the end of the day, you only need to make one call, and that is to John, W2GD.

Thanks to John, I'll see you all on the air...a little louder than before!!

John
KT0F

K3SX Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2014 13:55 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and Professional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fresh from the contest at P40W John arrived at my home and in a matter of a few hours he and his helper took down my ancient tribander, helped me finish building my new Tennadyne T6 and installed it and a 5 element 6 meter beam. Everything was done with his deliberate way of first being safe and second doing the job correctly. No shortcuts.
I have used John's services in the past and he continues to deliver!

KB3Z Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2014 04:57 Send this review to a friend
Job Well Done!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Due to the ice storm we had this past winter I lost my K4KIO Hexbeam (Buy the Ice Supports). I was looking at various antennas to choose from. I have done business with John before and he made his recommendations.

I chose a Force 12 XR6 and a Force 12 Delta 140 40 Meter Rotatable Dipole. I talked with John and he gave me an estimate for assembling and installing both antennas. Both he and Bill came and it took two days to do the total job.

I did have some SWR problems with the 40 meter dipole. But it was not due to an interaction with the XR6. It eventually came down to replacing the RG-213U coax from the dipole to the DX Engineering switch that John installed.

John is very fair in his pricing and he does the job right the first time. And if there are problems he stands by you through thick and thin. Thanks again John, and I'm sure the next antenna project I have, I will call John Crovelli. Mark Griffin, KB3Z

K2MIT Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2014 21:51 Send this review to a friend
Great advice, great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John is full of great advice, is an excellent antenna builder and installer. He put up my SteppIR 3 Element with 30/40 add-on kit in 2 days in a tricky roof-top configuration (not his design--mine).

He is efficient, careful and does an excellent job. His hourly rate was very reasonable.

WA2DFP Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2014 13:05 Send this review to a friend
100% FB!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The time came to replace my 20+ year-old TA-33M, but my time to climb ladders has passed. Based on recommendations on this site I contacted John W2GD about the job. He strongly urged me to stay away from lossy trap antennas with limited power-handling ability and to use full-sized elements. The new Force-12 XR3 fits the requirements and the constraints of my location. It is designed, though, for installation in "freespace" such as on a tower at least 30' tall and away from a house. My need was for 25' above ground, only 6' above my roof, which changes the impedance match. John helped me work with the folks at Force 12 to develop the needed element length adjustments. He and Bill W2RQ expertly took down the old, rung up the new (including a heavy-duty balun), and tuned the elements. My amplifier and I are very pleased with the professional quality of the result. Calling John would be my first step, not just in doing any future antenna work, but in planning the project.

N3EON Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2014 16:10 Send this review to a friend
Another Great Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm a repeat customer simply because John knows his stuff and with his able assistant Bill, can handle any job, big or small. They will not leave until everything is operational and the customer is completely satisfied. John's extensive knowledge and skill set in all facets of antenna and tower design and installation are readily apparent as they perform their magic. I've relied on John's recommendation for a beam and his responsiveness and support following a lightning strike have been invaluable. I will continue to use John for my antenna needs and I give him my full endorsement.

W2NLS Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2014 17:10 Send this review to a friend
Just The Best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John and Bill just finished assembling a new Force 12 XR5-T-C beam and placing it atop my 50-ft Hygain tower (first removing my 35 year-old TH5 DX). Everything that they did was impeccable and quality work. Beyond that, John's customer support was fantastic. When they found the antenna had been delivered with a few parts damaged by UPS (and I could go on for about twenty pages about UPS...) they did all the work for me with Force 12's customer support. They took pictures, sent them to F12 and were back on site here the day after the parts were delivered. The antenna analyzer they carry with them was put to great use during the final assembly and tuning. The beam in most phone portions has such low SWR that my Icom 7600's internal meter reads unity! I would not hesitate to seek John's help again. I'd rate him 12 out of 10!

W1GD Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2014 12:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Inststallers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John, W2GD, & Bill, W2RQ, drove up to Jefferson, MA to put up the tower they took down for me last year. John and provided me a reasonable time and cost estimate for the job. It was not only reasonable but accurate. I've used John & Bill before and the continue to do a great job in a very professional manner.

WA2PJI Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2014 16:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John and his partner Bill visited my QTH to inspect and service my tower, and to replace my old HAM-IV rotator. They demonstrated great skill, patience and knowledge, which was clearly evident in their approach to my job. And, on top of all this, they are a pleasure to deal with and come at a very reasonable price. My tower never looked so good! I highly recommend them for your tower and antenna work.