Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting Help

Reviews Summary for W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting
W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting Reviews: 120 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Description: Plans, installs, maintains, and repairs amateur radio antennas, towers, rotators and related cabling. Also paints rusting towers and performs Insurance Estimates. Nearly 50 years of amateur radio experience. Will provide service anywhere worldwide, with clients in the USA, Carribean, and South America. Member of the CQ Contest "Hall of Fame". Supports towers 20' to over 200', for Big Gun DXers, Contesters, and Little Pistols. Supports all types of antennas and towers. No task too small, no project too large. Reasonable rates. Contact John directly for a consultation and estimate. John Crovelli W2GD/P40W w2gd@hotmail.com 908-391-5611 (c)

You can write your own review of the W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting.

NJ2R Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2013 08:13 Send this review to a friend
R&R antennas  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After 50 years of doing my own tower work, it was a big step to need someone else to do it. John came to the rescue, removing and reinstalling three beam antennas on my 50 foot tower after storm damage. He was fast, reasonable, very professional, and the answer to my future needs! Totally reliable and trusted!

W2LPL Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2013 17:33 Send this review to a friend
Responsive and Fast  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Needed to install a new 40 Foot 45G tower for an EME array and I was scared to undertake such a project. John guided me all the way from getting the hole dug to pouring the concrete. When the time came to erect the tower, we found numerous quality control issues with the Rohn tower sections, but John and his helper cut and filed until they got it to fit and up it went.

John was great to work with, answered all my questions and was there when I needed him. I would not hesitate to recommend him and I will gladly use him again.

If you are even thinking about installing a tower or a new antenna, John is the first phone call you should make.

Les
W2LPL

K3UL Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2013 09:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Job, very professional  Time owned: more than 12 months
John has now removed four antennas and replaced them with three new ones. On August 5, John and Bill W2RQ came to my QTH, trammed down my X7, finished assembly of my OB9-5 five band 9 element antenna and installed the new antenna on the tower. As stated by many, John just figures this stuff out and does a great job. I am very happy with his service and attention to detail. Now with all of my antennas installed, I'm hoping I don't see him for a while! HI. 73, Bob K3UL

K4LRX Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2013 12:47 Send this review to a friend
W2GD tower service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you want professional work done on your tower and ham radio antennas do contact John, W2GD. I had some ice and wind damage to my Hy Gain 205BA and was basically out of commission on 20 meters for a couple of months.

After talking with John he suggested the Bencher Skyhawk that would not only give me gain, but two additional bands. I had wanted to work 15 and 10 meters again so I ordered it and called John. I was not disappointed with the antenna, or with John and his partner Phil. I had a couple of problems solved, a new antenna installed and I am back in business on 20/15/10. John is very professional and has years of time installing antennas and putting them together.

If you want the job done right the first time John can do a great job for you. My new tribander is blowing holes in the 15 meter band.

It is great to have two hams working on ham antennas and knowing what you want done. With others it was a chore to explain about rotor alignment, plus facing the yagi in the right direction and directors and reflectors. My new Bencher stands at 75 feet and my six meter beam is just over it. They look impressive on the tower and both are aligned very well.

You have worked hard for you gear and antenna, why not have professionals install them that know what they are doing and do it well.

Bill K4LRX

K1DMS Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2013 10:25 Send this review to a friend
A Real Professional  Time owned: months
John was great! He not only came when promised and did the job on budget, but he kept a cool head when problems arose.
He was able to diagnose an intermittency in the PL-259 connector that came on the choke supplied by the antenna manufacturer. The antenna worked fine when I tested it myself (both on and off the air) before his arrival but to my dismay was not working when he tested it on his MFJ analyzer. He re-did the connector and fixed the problem right away. I shudder to think what could have occurred if he had to leave and come back, a 2&1/2 hour drive, while I puzzled over the problem, or worse, if it had stopped working at 50 feet up! He and his assistant both have 50 years experience hamming and knew their stuff. I would call him again any time.

NW3H Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2013 12:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John has come out to my QTH two times. First was to help get a R8 vertical up higher in 2010 on a 25 degree day. he came out today when the heat index reached 116 degrees and helped raise my small tribander up to 40 feet. He is highly efficient and a walking encyclopedia of all things amateur radio. For someone who has only been a contester for 5 years I truly appreciate the opportunity to learn something. He is thorough, courteous and friendly and highly efficient. Highly recommend John. No job is too small is describing my little pistol station. He makes your job his highest priority. Thanks for for the great work and help John.

AA3B Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2013 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used W2GD's services twice and I 100% pleased. He is reliable and thorough. We worked through a particularly difficult issue on one of my KT36XA's and in the end, he was able to find and correct the issue in one day. I highly recommend him.

N3EON Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2013 01:20 Send this review to a friend
Top Notch Work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a W2GD repeat customer. I wanted to upgrade my antenna system and John provided his recommendations along with a detailed list of items needed for the installation. There was a delay in manufacturing my antenna and John kept in touch with the company to provide me with updates. Once the antenna arrived, John and his able partner, Bill, W2RQ, came within a week. It took the better part of a day (with intermittent showers) to build and install a 10-element yagi and a rotatable dipole on my tower. John does meticulous work and one can rest assured that before he leaves, everything is working as it should. John and Bill are a pleasure to deal with, obviously enjoy their work and satisfying their customers. As my review summary says, "top notch work" and that says it all!

WA2OAX Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2013 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent tower and antenna repair  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
John has been doing my antenna repair work for the past year. He is extremely competent and very personable. His rates are quite reasonable. John has accomplished some very difficult repair jobs. He repaired torn feedline and rotator cables on a damaged K0XG ring rotator and, most recently, an intermittent gamma match on a full size 40 meter beam at 120 feet. All the work was accomplished while John was on the tower.
If you have any antenna or tower problems, I highly recommend that you contact John.

Ira Lipton WA2OAX

K2DM Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2013 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Another excellent job!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A few years back John came over and took my towers down to 60 feet for me because I no longer felt comfortable climbing up to 90 feet. Not surprisingly, John did an excellent job, and his price was very reasonable. Now I am moving to Florida, so who best to call to take down my antennas and towers? As before, John was very responsive, both in providing a quote and in arranging for mutually available days to do the work. Also as before, John did a very professional job, and everything came down without a hitch. Experience really does count!