Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting Help

Reviews Summary for W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting
W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting Reviews: 127 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Description: Plans, installs, maintains, and repairs amateur radio antennas, towers, rotators and related cabling. Also paints rusting towers and performs Insurance Estimates. Nearly 50 years of amateur radio experience. Will provide service anywhere worldwide, with clients in the USA, Carribean, and South America. Member of the CQ Contest "Hall of Fame". Supports towers 20' to over 200', for Big Gun DXers, Contesters, and Little Pistols. Supports all types of antennas and towers. No task too small, no project too large. Reasonable rates. Contact John directly for a consultation and estimate. John Crovelli W2GD/P40W w2gd@hotmail.com 908-391-5611 (c)

You can write your own review of the W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting.

WJ2V Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2014 14:48 Send this review to a friend
A real pro  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My XYL has laid down the law. No more roof climbing. So, I hired John to repair and maintain my old Th3-MKII beam and rotator. Project took a full day to bring the beam back into full function. John is, of course, much more skilled than I am, so the end result was far better than I could have done myself. I fully expect the beam will continue to work well for many months to come, and when it needs attention in the future, I will know who to call. Fair pricing too. Thanks John and Bill.

K2MK Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2014 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Not just for Big Guns  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iím just a little pistol with a very modest setup. A US Tower MA40 telescoping mast, rotator base unit, and a 2 element SteppIR yagi. I toyed with the idea of doing everything myself but having read the reviews of John Crovelli W2GDís installation services I knew I would benefit greatly from his experience. How can you not. John has hands-on familiarity with every type of tower, every type of antenna, and every type of rotator. I e-mailed John at the design and planning stage and he provided excellent advice on component selection. Many months later after parts had arrived and the snow had melted John reviewed photos of all my components and scheduled an installation date. I had done pre-assembly work which John carefully reviewed and amended before beginning work.

The actual installation was smooth and fast. Little glitches arenít a problem because heís seen them all before. Tips that I would never have thought of were quickly implemented to protect against Mother Nature and insure equipment longevity. It was a great experience.

I wish I was a big gun so that I could have John install a few more towers for me. I highly recommend Johnís services. His rates are extremely fair and reasonable. He is a true professional. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

K3WSX Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2014 11:54 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely Tremendous!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had the good fortune of being referred to John in regard to the construction and installation of a Glen Martin roof tower, Yaesu G-1000 rotor, coax, and 8-element Yagi beam antenna. His services were world class and truly exceptional.

Given all the marketing and advertising in the industry, it was comforting to get John's personal and professional advice on what tower, antenna and materials to obtain. He has seen it all. After he interviewed me, he matched my band and operating interests exactly to the products that would provide the greatest performance. Installation of the Texas Tower Force 12 Delta 4C Yagi went smoothly, until we tested the SWR. John discovered the improperly measured and shipped elements, contacted the manuafcturer and had the correct ones sent over-night.

His vast experience also allowed him to recommend a better mount for the roof tower than had been designed by an engineer and approved by the municipality for the permit. I have been receiving outstanding signal reports from around the world and could not be happier. I recommend John without qualification and suggest you plan ahead and contact him as he is in high demand - and for very good reason. I got more than what I paid for, and made a good friend in the process.

Bernie - K3WSX

K2AM Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2013 08:08 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding and Professional  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am a W2GD repeat customer. Please see my 12/22/10 and 5/16/13 reviews.

John came out to work on the mounting of my beam. A fitting was defective, but not apparently so, but John was able to fix it with out removing the beam or support hardware. My previous reviews say it all.

NC2NY Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2013 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Better than Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John installed an MA-5B for me the other day. He is a true professional and is meticulous in his work. He checks everything numerous times to make sure the job is done right. If you need any antenna or tower work, give John a call. I give him my highest recommendation.
Steve
NC2NY

NC2NY Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2013 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Better than excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John came to my home to install a MA-5B antenna. I have to say that he is a true professional. He checks everything to make sure it is the way it should be. His installation was top notch. If you are looking for someone to install an antenna or tower etc, I would highly recommend John.
Steve,
NC2NY

W3UM Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2013 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Consulting and antenna installation  Time owned: more than 12 months
John came through for me again. After extensive damage in Hurricane Sandy to my installation, John provided professional estimates to get me started and came back to install new antennas. He has done work for me in the past and I look forward to working with him again. He is the best.

NJ2R Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2013 08:13 Send this review to a friend
R&R antennas  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After 50 years of doing my own tower work, it was a big step to need someone else to do it. John came to the rescue, removing and reinstalling three beam antennas on my 50 foot tower after storm damage. He was fast, reasonable, very professional, and the answer to my future needs! Totally reliable and trusted!

W2LPL Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2013 17:33 Send this review to a friend
Responsive and Fast  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Needed to install a new 40 Foot 45G tower for an EME array and I was scared to undertake such a project. John guided me all the way from getting the hole dug to pouring the concrete. When the time came to erect the tower, we found numerous quality control issues with the Rohn tower sections, but John and his helper cut and filed until they got it to fit and up it went.

John was great to work with, answered all my questions and was there when I needed him. I would not hesitate to recommend him and I will gladly use him again.

If you are even thinking about installing a tower or a new antenna, John is the first phone call you should make.

Les
W2LPL

K3UL Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2013 09:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Job, very professional  Time owned: more than 12 months
John has now removed four antennas and replaced them with three new ones. On August 5, John and Bill W2RQ came to my QTH, trammed down my X7, finished assembly of my OB9-5 five band 9 element antenna and installed the new antenna on the tower. As stated by many, John just figures this stuff out and does a great job. I am very happy with his service and attention to detail. Now with all of my antennas installed, I'm hoping I don't see him for a while! HI. 73, Bob K3UL