Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting Help

Reviews Summary for W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting
W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting Reviews: 130 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Description: Plans, installs, maintains, and repairs amateur radio antennas, towers, rotators and related cabling. Also paints rusting towers and performs Insurance Estimates. Nearly 50 years of amateur radio experience. Will provide service anywhere worldwide, with clients in the USA, Carribean, and South America. Member of the CQ Contest "Hall of Fame". Supports towers 20' to over 200', for Big Gun DXers, Contesters, and Little Pistols. Supports all types of antennas and towers. No task too small, no project too large. Reasonable rates. Contact John directly for a consultation and estimate. John Crovelli W2GD/P40W w2gd@hotmail.com 908-391-5611 (c)

You can write your own review of the W2GD Antenna & Tower Installation, Repair, Painting.

NW3Y Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2014 10:44 Send this review to a friend
Tower and Antenna Installers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
W2GD just finished my 90' tower upgrade: installed 22' mast, Bencher Skyhawk, F12 Delta 240 (3rd Gen Tornado coils!!), M2 Rotator and upgraded the tower guying system. John's expertise and experience were evident and necessary throughout the process from design to install. I intend to ask him to do any further work here.

K3PH Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2014 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Always Excellent Work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used John for all my tower work for quite a few years.

Today, I learned that I can add diagnostic ability to his list of skills. We had John over here today for repairs to a Bencher Skyhawk installation, where we noticed SWR issues (looked like something breaking down with power -- at almost 1500 watts on RTTY). I was sure it was the balun breaking down and was all set to replace it. Before we replaced anything, John indicated we should test everything first (he carries a small 50-ohm dummy load to test things at the top of the tower, as well as an antenna analyzer). Well, sure enough, it wasn't the balun at all! The problem was the three-year-old coax that was running up the tower! I never expected that!

Excellent work at reasonable rates -- you can't go wrong!

K3NUI Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2014 09:07 Send this review to a friend
super job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
john and his partner bill w2rq did such a great job in installing my hex beam,they did such a great professional installation...PLEASE USE john for any antenna and tower needs,you will not be sorry!!! his charge for the job was very very reasonable...thanks again john and bill...k3nui..john del villano..broomall,pa.

WJ2V Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2014 14:48 Send this review to a friend
A real pro  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My XYL has laid down the law. No more roof climbing. So, I hired John to repair and maintain my old Th3-MKII beam and rotator. Project took a full day to bring the beam back into full function. John is, of course, much more skilled than I am, so the end result was far better than I could have done myself. I fully expect the beam will continue to work well for many months to come, and when it needs attention in the future, I will know who to call. Fair pricing too. Thanks John and Bill.

K2MK Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2014 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Not just for Big Guns  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iím just a little pistol with a very modest setup. A US Tower MA40 telescoping mast, rotator base unit, and a 2 element SteppIR yagi. I toyed with the idea of doing everything myself but having read the reviews of John Crovelli W2GDís installation services I knew I would benefit greatly from his experience. How can you not. John has hands-on familiarity with every type of tower, every type of antenna, and every type of rotator. I e-mailed John at the design and planning stage and he provided excellent advice on component selection. Many months later after parts had arrived and the snow had melted John reviewed photos of all my components and scheduled an installation date. I had done pre-assembly work which John carefully reviewed and amended before beginning work.

The actual installation was smooth and fast. Little glitches arenít a problem because heís seen them all before. Tips that I would never have thought of were quickly implemented to protect against Mother Nature and insure equipment longevity. It was a great experience.

I wish I was a big gun so that I could have John install a few more towers for me. I highly recommend Johnís services. His rates are extremely fair and reasonable. He is a true professional. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

K3WSX Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2014 11:54 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely Tremendous!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had the good fortune of being referred to John in regard to the construction and installation of a Glen Martin roof tower, Yaesu G-1000 rotor, coax, and 8-element Yagi beam antenna. His services were world class and truly exceptional.

Given all the marketing and advertising in the industry, it was comforting to get John's personal and professional advice on what tower, antenna and materials to obtain. He has seen it all. After he interviewed me, he matched my band and operating interests exactly to the products that would provide the greatest performance. Installation of the Texas Tower Force 12 Delta 4C Yagi went smoothly, until we tested the SWR. John discovered the improperly measured and shipped elements, contacted the manuafcturer and had the correct ones sent over-night.

His vast experience also allowed him to recommend a better mount for the roof tower than had been designed by an engineer and approved by the municipality for the permit. I have been receiving outstanding signal reports from around the world and could not be happier. I recommend John without qualification and suggest you plan ahead and contact him as he is in high demand - and for very good reason. I got more than what I paid for, and made a good friend in the process.

Bernie - K3WSX

K2AM Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2013 08:08 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding and Professional  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am a W2GD repeat customer. Please see my 12/22/10 and 5/16/13 reviews.

John came out to work on the mounting of my beam. A fitting was defective, but not apparently so, but John was able to fix it with out removing the beam or support hardware. My previous reviews say it all.

NC2NY Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2013 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Better than Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John installed an MA-5B for me the other day. He is a true professional and is meticulous in his work. He checks everything numerous times to make sure the job is done right. If you need any antenna or tower work, give John a call. I give him my highest recommendation.
Steve
NC2NY

NC2NY Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2013 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Better than excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John came to my home to install a MA-5B antenna. I have to say that he is a true professional. He checks everything to make sure it is the way it should be. His installation was top notch. If you are looking for someone to install an antenna or tower etc, I would highly recommend John.
Steve,
NC2NY

W3UM Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2013 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Consulting and antenna installation  Time owned: more than 12 months
John came through for me again. After extensive damage in Hurricane Sandy to my installation, John provided professional estimates to get me started and came back to install new antennas. He has done work for me in the past and I look forward to working with him again. He is the best.