Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | MFJ-4726 6-Position Desktop/Remote Transceiver/Antenna Switch Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-4726 6-Position Desktop/Remote Transceiver/Antenna Switch
MFJ-4726 6-Position Desktop/Remote Transceiver/Antenna Switch Reviews: 13 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $159.95
Description: Six-Position Antenna/Transceiver Switch can be placed on your desk, out-of-way under your desk or even in another room. Connect any one of six antennas to any one of six transceivers with just two easy-to-use rotary switches. Keep your antenna tuner or SWR/Wattmeter always connected to the antenna and radio selected by connecting it in series with the MFJ-4726 common ports.
The MFJ-4726 automatically grounds all inputs and outputs when you turn off the transceiver or remove DC power. All unused inputs and outputs are grounded. And when the rotary switches are in the OFF position, all inputs are grounded or control is transferred to a MFJ-4726RC remote control ($59.95).
Surge protectors are included to protect your equipment by shunting surges to ground. However, they do not protect against a direct lightning hit.
SO-239 interfaces. Full 1500 Watt capability from1.8-54 MHz. Usable to 150 MHz. Use CAT 5 cable for remote control (not included). Requires 12 VDC or 110 VAC with MFJ-1312D ($14.95). Indoor use only, not weather protected. 8Wx5Hx41/4D inches.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ-4726 6-Position Desktop/Remote Transceiver/Antenna Switch.

IZ3ZLE Rating: 3/5 Jul 23, 2015 10:09 Send this review to a friend
So so  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I saw the MFJ-4726 in a magazine and I thought "well a good thing", but the truth is different.
I follow the instructions (especially the best locations to put the antenna of 50 MHz), but the ROS is very high for this frequency.
I checked the antenna and it worked well, perfect. The problem is that the MFJ-4726 on 50 MHz gives ROS high. Unfortunately I had to unplug the antenna switch and use a radio only for 50 mhs, annulling the purchase of the switch MFJ.
I contacted their support, but after two days I was never answered.
If you use multiple radios with multiple antennas only HF (1,8-30 MHZ), MFJ-4726 is fine. But if you want to use the 50 MHz, NO is not the right choice.

IK1WGZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2014 01:11 Send this review to a friend
great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very useful, work flawlessy out of the box with all radio and antennas. Even with my 1Kw linear in contest. MFJ always worked good with me.

KE5QFQ Rating: 1/5 Aug 12, 2013 10:06 Send this review to a friend
NOT A GREAT PIECE  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this unit 6 months ago, followed all the set up instructions but got very poor RF signals. So I called MFJ and walked them through the problem. They recommended I send it in for repairs as it was under warranty. I received it back three days ago,after MFJ had it for 5 months,with a service slip saying it had been repaired and worked OK! Hooked it up again and found the same problem as before. Guess I will have to see what I can do to get it working when I can. I paid over $125.00 for the switch and am very dissappointed in its results.

W1AN Rating: 2/5 Feb 15, 2013 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Disassembly Required  Time owned: more than 12 months
I will soon be disassembling a unit to make repairs. The first time applying RF caused arcing and smoke to appear. After removing the covers for inspection it was found that the mounting screws for some of the PL259s were contacting the circuit board traces or the ends of the pins from the relays where they passed through the circuit board. I will replace the screws with shorter ones. It's no small task to do all the unsoldering to gain access to make the repairs. I've had this unit sitting for a while so it will not be covered by any warranty. The unit design is not bad one if proper hardware was used and proper inspection was done. How many are out there like this one?

N3HEE Rating: 4/5 May 1, 2012 09:18 Send this review to a friend
Nice little switch.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would have given it a five if it didn't need repaired when I got it. One of the screws holding on a SO-239 connector had come off in shipping. Had to take the cover off and put the screw and nut back on. Other than that it worked good and provides easy and convenient antenna switching. Very good antenna and rig isolation. The switches do not line up to well with the labels so it takes a little bit of time to get used to where the knobs are set.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2010 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Switch !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Found one of these guys used and once I read the manual and discovered that there needed to be a coax from the box to the box, it worked great. I switch three rigs (Flex3000, IC7200 and Vertex VX-1210 manpack) between two antennas (75-40 trap dipole and yagi) and it's worked fine every time. I'd sure recommend it for those with multiple rigs.. the cost compared to two Alpha Delta 4x switches wired head to head is very cost effective!

W3UTD Rating: 3/5 Jul 29, 2010 19:25 Send this review to a friend
Works, but barely  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had tons of MFJ stuff and never had a problem ... until this unit. Out of the box, it didn't work, so I opened it up to find a wire that should be soldered to the dc plug, unconnected. Fixed that and it works. However, port isolation is virtually nil. I'll work with it for a while, but I will be looking for alternatives.

NZ0T Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2009 19:02 Send this review to a friend
Works well for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this unit for about 2 years now with no problems - looks like I won the MFJ roulette this time. Very useful for switching multiple antenna and rigs.

WA7MR Rating: 4/5 Apr 23, 2008 15:38 Send this review to a friend
OK, but could be better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one of these and have been happy with how it performs so far. The biggest problem I have is that you can't really tell if it is REALLY powered up or not since there is no power indicator. I addded a LED to the front panel to indicate that it was properly powered up. Otherwise you might turn the switches from OFF and still be transmitting/receiving into a short... Not good!

I also think the switches are too small, and the writing space for rigs/antennas are too small considering how much front panel space there is. I would rate it 4.5 out of 5

KC6VCH Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2007 07:48 Send this review to a friend
Great for multiple rigs/antennas  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great antenna/transceiver switch which makes selecting different combinations of transceivers and antennas.good one

chuck