Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Tennadyne T8 Log Periodic Help

Reviews Summary for Tennadyne T8 Log Periodic
Tennadyne T8 Log Periodic Reviews: 32 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $788
Description: 8 element 13 to 32 MHz Log Periodic on 18' boom
More info: http://www.tennadyne.com

You can write your own review of the Tennadyne T8 Log Periodic.

WE8Q Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2009 13:00 Send this review to a friend
What more could I ask for?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently upgraded from the Tennadyne T-6 which I really enjoyed. My T-8 has flat SWR across the entire range of this antenna. Great support from Tennadyne. It does not get any better than this!

WB7TXG Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2008 15:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered from Tennadyne and received my new T8 in about 5 days. Packaging, manual, etc was all complete. Assembly was straight forward ( I had read several articles and saw some pictures ) that greatly helped me assemble the antenna. Took about 2 hours to accomplish assembly.

Taped coax to lower boom and used colins type coax balun. Antenna is at 42 feet. SWR on 10,12,14,18,21,28 bands are all well below 1.5 with very nice bandwidth.

First contact was to Taiwan. I am impressed! Would I buy this antenna again? Yes. Replaced two trap 3 element beams with this log periodic and I am thoroughly convinced I made the right purchase!

W2CXX Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2008 11:35 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ANTENNA!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
THIS ANTENNA IS THE BEST ONE I HAVE EVER USED IN MY 55 YEARS AS A HAM. THE PERFORMANCE IS EXTREMELY GOOD ON ALL BANDS (WHEN OPEN?!) BUT ON 20 MTRS, IT IS A DX HOUND, EVEN WITH 100 WATTS. I HAVE TO CONCUR WITH THE CRITICISM OF THE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS BY OTHERS. I FINALLY IGNORED THEM AND USED THE PICTURES, GETTING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. WOULD I BUY ANOTHER? ABSODAMLUTELY!

IW4EMV Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2008 06:22 Send this review to a friend
I don't understand...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
just few words to tell TENNADYNE T8 is a BIG GUN !!!
it really works GREAT widely from 13 to 30 MHz! no traps, no tuning...
...and it's also very beautiful!

see pictures of my installation:

...I don't understand why the majority of the world HAM community usually despise Log Periodic Dipole Array solutions....... ???

vote:5

W4LWY Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2008 10:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Tennadyne T8 Log Periodic is what I call the "real deal". Works great and built to last. Roger is a very helpful guy and he'll do what he says!

W4LWY

WA2CCN Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2007 14:08 Send this review to a friend
Does what it's supposed to!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The availability of the WARC bands (12 & 17) between the traditional top 3 (10-15-20) has caused a resurgance in interest in log periodic antennas. Most of the multi-band yagi designs I've seen that include 12 & 17 are a big pile of ugly and inefficient aluminum... and they're frequently using log cells! So, why not a traditional log periodic! It looks... well... "normal". The T8 is every bit as good as the old KLM KT-34's I had (I had 2 of them) in terms of gain, BW (obviously), and F/B ratio. F/S ratio doesn't seem as sharp as the '34, but who cares... it's got 3 more bands. Ironically there isn't much difference i nteh specs between the T6, T8, T10, and even the T12 to justify the added cost. The T8 seems to be a nice compromise and I'm quite happy with it. I've seen some less-than-glowing feedback about the instructions, and I have to agree - there are ambiguities... some photos would be a big help, especially of the end and balun setup. Would I buy it again? Definitely... and I will.

WN4DW Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2007 20:39 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Today the solar flux index is 68, sunspots are 0 and I worked France, Belgium, Svalbard, Norway and Turkey with my T-8 with 5 watts. Yes I said 5 Watts! The antenna is up at 70 feet which is about treetop height here in West Tennessee where the elevation is 480 feet above sea level.
Yesterday I worked Swains Island (N8S) with my little IC703 turned down to 5 watts. All of these contacts on phone! And no I don't cheat. I have a YS-60 in line right behind my little rig to insure it is no more than 5 watts out of the rig. You can figure the erp at the antenna with 105 feet of rg213 is less than 5 watts.
If that doesn't tell you what you need to know about the Tennadyne T-8 then you don't need to know. I don't care what the "experts" say about Log periodics. This is the greatest thing since peanut butter as far as I'm concerned.
The antenna has been up for a year now and endured winds that destroyed a friends vertical that lives within half a mile of me and it hasn't even blinked. The front to back is great and the front to side is amazing. It tunes all the bands from 10 to 20. No moving parts on top of the tower except for the rotator, and the price is very affordable as compared to about everything else out there. Since I bought mine 2 other hams in the area have bought one as well and they love theirs as well.
What more can I say?

N4PY Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2006 15:30 Send this review to a friend
Great performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a T8 at my previous QTH for 10 years. The antenna always performed flawlessly and was never touched during this period. I have moved to a new QTH and my son inherited my T8. So I bought a new one for the new QTH. The antenna is a winner all the way. The front to back is excellent even on 20 meters. I highly recommend this antenna to anyone that wants an antenna that will perform well and be maintenance free.

N4UM Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2006 13:25 Send this review to a friend
Up 10 years and still a great performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I reviewed the T-8 back in 2000 after owning it for about 4 years and was very happy with it. Since then I've moved and put the T-8 back up at a different location. The antenna continues to perform flawlessly and has been trouble free thru two moves and ten years of operation. It has survived high winds on numerous occasions without a hitch. Most recently it went thru hurricane Wilma's 100 mph+ winds here in the Florida Keys and survived with absolutely no damage. Its very lightweight but extremely tough - almost as though it was made of Kevlar instead of aluminum! Its the most reliable antenna I've owned in over 50 years on the air. As bonus, the thing works like a champ on 6 meters - and isn't even supposed to.

WS7X Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2005 19:44 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Performance and Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my T-8 long enough to have given it a workout on all bands and then some. I absolutely love the performance of this antenna and it was easy to assembly with straight-forward instructions. The elements are well made, not flimsy and went together perfectly. I can't say enough about the performance that has not already been said in previous posts but did want to just add my agreement that Roger provides and excellent product at a great price. And as for customer support, you couldn't ask for better.