Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Tennadyne T8 Log Periodic Help

Reviews Summary for Tennadyne T8 Log Periodic
Tennadyne T8 Log Periodic Reviews: 34 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $788
Description: 8 element 13 to 32 MHz Log Periodic on 18' boom
More info: http://www.tennadyne.com

You can write your own review of the Tennadyne T8 Log Periodic.

N4UM Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2006 13:25 Send this review to a friend
Up 10 years and still a great performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I reviewed the T-8 back in 2000 after owning it for about 4 years and was very happy with it. Since then I've moved and put the T-8 back up at a different location. The antenna continues to perform flawlessly and has been trouble free thru two moves and ten years of operation. It has survived high winds on numerous occasions without a hitch. Most recently it went thru hurricane Wilma's 100 mph+ winds here in the Florida Keys and survived with absolutely no damage. Its very lightweight but extremely tough - almost as though it was made of Kevlar instead of aluminum! Its the most reliable antenna I've owned in over 50 years on the air. As bonus, the thing works like a champ on 6 meters - and isn't even supposed to.

WS7X Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2005 19:44 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Performance and Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my T-8 long enough to have given it a workout on all bands and then some. I absolutely love the performance of this antenna and it was easy to assembly with straight-forward instructions. The elements are well made, not flimsy and went together perfectly. I can't say enough about the performance that has not already been said in previous posts but did want to just add my agreement that Roger provides and excellent product at a great price. And as for customer support, you couldn't ask for better.

K2FF Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2005 07:33 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I orginally purchased the T-8 when sheet metal screws were used in the elements. I've since upgraded to the nuts/bolts version courtesy of Roger. I've helped three local hams put together and install a T-8 (W5CIA), a T-10 (W4HOZ) and a T-12 (K5JB). And our club Magnolia DX Association just made a combined purchase of 6 Tennadyne antennas to enjoy Roger's 15% discount! So I'm now ready to put together and install my new 3 element 30m log ;-)

All Tennadyne antennas above in which I have personally had a hand in putting together, installing, and operating were simply OUTSTANDING! The machined tolerances of Roger's antennas are precise...and exactly what you want with a log periodic design with telescoping elements. The design and construction is stronger than any other antennas I've every owned (Cushcraft, Mosley, Wilson, etc). No hose clamps to break, no rivets to loosen over time, no traps to burn up, etc. And the on air performance...flawless!

I along with most owners have called or e-mailed Roger a few times...just to make sure we were following the design correctly (it really is a piece of art). This guy is #1 in my book. I can count on one (maybe two) fingers the number of businesses that produce/sell ham radio related products in which the company president answers the phone! And will talk for as long as you need, will answer any and all seemingly dumb questions, and provide detailed guidance in a very gentle manner. Roger makes it a point to provide suberb customer service...answering all my calls on the spot, e-mails normally within 12 hours on business days, and 24 hours over weekends!

If you're looking for a proven design, quality that will survive hurricanes, and customer service like the "mom & pop" stores of the past, then TENNADYNE is your answer.

See you in the pileups...

73 - Glenn, K2FF
MS Gulf Coast :-)

K7XV Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2005 18:50 Send this review to a friend
Nice Antenna!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This antenna has me well pleased indeed. I put it up after retiring a Cushcraft A3 antenna. I can tell a big difference between the two antennas. The improvement was like going from a flashlight to a laser beam!! When I turn it to the side I can almost tune out the received signal. Front to back ratio is good as well. I am very happy with this antenna. I have been busting pileups on the first call with 100 watts. No traps! No moving parts! No sun damaged control cables to replace. Work 5 bands 20 thru 10 meters. Under $700.00 includes shipping. A well made strong no maintenance antenna. A blast to put together. The owner of the company answers the phone. That’s a new twist!! Like Lee Iacocca said "If you can buy a better antenna for the money buy it!"

VE3EFJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2004 01:55 Send this review to a friend
Aluminium with attitude  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this antenna over all else simply because I wanted to avoid traps, and wanted reliability above all else. I have seen this antenna with elements swept back in the wind like the wings on an F-86. I have seen this antenna with the elements drooping down almost 60 degrees from ice loading. My environment can be "harsh". After these events.... there it is like I just installed it. Everything is back as it once was. Zero maintenance. Real SWR around 1.5:1... everywhere. It works as well on 20 as it does on 10 and in between. Rain, sun, ice and howling blizzard... no performance changes. Excellent materials. Want the last (imaginary) db? Shop elsewhere. Want to put up a beam with real, not paper specs and just USE it? Stop at Tennadyne. I am one happy camper. Oh yes... factory support is THERE. Roger is on the ball. I'm *thrilled* with this antenna. I'd buy this antenna again in a heartbeat.

EA1KI Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2004 14:16 Send this review to a friend
Real Hot...Excelente antena  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Nice performance. Real hot... I can work everything I hear. It´ s nice to see the cluster spots and beam the antenna to all that appears on the screen .. and work it !!!
Construction is good and assembly is quite easy. No traps, no tuning. First class materials packed in a small box .It takes three hours the assembling to a single man . Only a friend help me to mount it on top of a 5 meters telescopic tower. Now she is working 15 meters high, 100 meters high (sea level). Excellent signal reports in all bands. SWR is always low even considering that it is only 15 meter high. No need adjustments , she works OK at first try.
Nice communuication with the owner. A real pleasure. The antenna arrived into Spain seven days after the order was confirmed, I could not believe it. Even faster that if I had bought other antenna in Madrid
Outstanding antenna and company….
Miguel
EA1KI

Magnifica antena, es un placer poder trabajar todo aquello que aparece en el cluster…
Magnifica construcción y gran calidad de materiales. No tiene trampas (lógicamente) ni ajustes. Lleva tres horas el tenerla lista para subir a la torre. Esta instalada a 15 metros de altura y aun asi la SWR es baja en todas las bandas que cubre. Funciona a la primera. Recomiendo su compra en USA , la comunicación con la empresa es magnifica y son de amabilidad extrema. La antena tardo una semana en llegar a España una vez formalizado el pedido. Mas rapido que intentar comprar otra antena en España. La recomiendo con los ojos cerrados....
Miguel
EA1KI

N7INK Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2004 15:53 Send this review to a friend
It Works For Me!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mine is only 2 months old, installed early Dec 03
on top of a 38' US tower crank up and Yaesu G-800SA rotor.
Two glitches in assembly, one boom hole was not
drilled but was easily fixed by drilling and matching it with its brother.
Second Glitch was one stainless screw broke in assembly and I had to replace it from local Ace Hardware store. Instructions were clear and easily followed.
Replaced a 15 year old TH3-Jr. I decided no more
trap antennas after previous experiences.
In the short time it has been up, I have
consistently good luck in breaking pileups
with 100 watts. I have used it mostly on 10, 20 and a little bit on 15 and the WARC bands. Very pleased. I am also a MARS operator and have used it successfully on some MARS digital networks from AZ to KS and MD. For me it was a good choice and would do it again.

KG4LRU Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2002 02:36 Send this review to a friend
Best Ever !!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
If you think you need power, Think again Tennadyne
has what you need, I just put up a new T-8 followed Chucks instuction to the letter. Time to put together 3-4 hrs with two people. This was very straight forward everything fit and no parts left over. I used the collins Balun from Tennadyne
but you can make your own.Antenna shipped to the door aprox 645.00 Good freind in Canada recomended
this antenna.It has opened a new world I have worked more Dx in 4 months than the last 2 years , I also found with 100 watts some of the best signal reports ever and with KW power its a Hammer. swr 1:5 1:8 I have mine mounted on US tower 55 ft crank -up tower. And I never have to use the amp. Thanks Chuck its a pleasure to get what you pay for.

WA5U Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2002 15:23 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ANTENNA  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
NOW THAT I HAVE HAD THE T8 UP FOR 4 MONTHS I DECIDED TO WRITE A REVIEW. WILL SAY ITS BEEN THE BEST OVER ALL ANTENNA THAT I HAVE PUT UP, EASY TO ASSEMBLE, LIGHT WEIGHT,RUGGED WITHSTANDS OKLAHOMA WINDS AND STORM SEASONS WEATHER WITH EASY. SINCE ITS BEEN UP WE HAVE HAD WINDS UP TO 70MPH AND NO PROBLEM WITH THE T8. FOR A ALL BAND ANTENNA ITS THE BEST WE HAVE HAD HERE AT MY QTH ITS UP AT 55 FEET AND WILL TRY TO GET IT UP AT 65 FEET THIS FALL.SWR ON ALL BANDS IS LESS THAN 1:7 TO 1, I AM ABLE TO BREAK MOST DX PILEUPS IN 1 TO 3 CALLS. IAM A BELIVER IN THE ARTICLES I HAVE READ ABOUT THIS ANTENNA AND WOULD BUY ANOTHER ONE AGAIN. ONLY WISH I COULD GET IT UP TO 100 FEET.

F5JRC Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2002 13:32 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Antenne parfaite, bien au delà de mes espérances. Ca marche fort, très fort, sur toutes les bandes, même sur 14. Et en plus, ce qui ne gache rien, cette antenne est belle (enfin pour moi, l'avis est partagé chez mes voisins).
Bravo Tennadyne.