Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vizkey Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for Vizkey Paddle
Vizkey Paddle Reviews: 19 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $55
Description: Compact paddle made from solid brass, Micarta© brand electrical insulation board and stainless steel.
More info: http://vizkey.com/

You can write your own review of the Vizkey Paddle.

NC4RT Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2014 16:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent value paddle  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had my Vizkey paddle for about 6 months now, and love it.

Nice responsive feel. The standard gap gives it a light touch. It is pretty stable as well, generally staying put for moderate pressure.

It has a small footprint at the operating position.

I use my Bencher for my QRO machine, and the Vizkey with my QRP rig. The Bencher is nice and solid, but not as easy for me to send 25 wpm+. The Vizkey easily handles 30, which is my limit.

G0DJA Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2013 11:41 Send this review to a friend
Excelent little set of paddles  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been increasing my collection of various keys and decided to get a Vizkey Paddle. Excellent key, especially if you want to pack up and take your gear out into the field, or operate from a hotel room.

Solidly made and comes complete, so you don't even need to add a cable or connector.

I've already enjoyed using the paddles for a few months and would definitely recommend them.

K8WB Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2012 16:11 Send this review to a friend
The best of the best  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My wife got me a vertical VizKey bug for Christmas a year ago. I had used several Vibroplex bugs; e.g., standard, blue racer and anniversary models for the last 20 years and thought I was a respectable bug operator. However, the VizKey vertical is such a large improvement over my Vibroplexes that I will never go back. The VizKey is like driving a Porsche, compared to the Vibroplex being a VW. The adjustable speed range is much broader, the timing is more precise and the operator comfort is striking. If you use a bug or would like to learn to, treat yourself to a VizKey.

W8MCJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2011 20:40 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Viz Camel Back key about a month ago and was very impressed.Never used a paddle and decided to buy the mini paddle .Got it today and what a delight.Same great quality , easy to use and a reasonable price.It was sent the same day the ordered was received by VIZ key.He makes a very high quality product.

K5TEB Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2010 12:23 Send this review to a friend
Good Product and Good Guy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pleased with this paddle when it came out of the box. Didn't change a thing. Smooth,easy to use. I have very limited flexion and extension in my right wrist and this takes all the strain away. I would recommend this paddle to anyone.
Besides a making good paddles, Tom is one heck of a nice guy. I learned to send bassackwards. He wired the paddles so I could send that way. I'd buy from him again without reservation.

K5QO Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2010 12:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I already have the cootie key made by Tom, and this paddle has the same excellent quality and workmanship shown with other paddles but only in a smaller package. Would definitely add this little guy to ones collection.

W2EDN Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2010 05:26 Send this review to a friend
Plug and Play!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This little paddle is amazing! I recently purchased the Vertical Bug from Tom, and liked it so much I decided to give the Vizkey Paddle a try. It arrived yesterday, and I immediately opened the box and plugged it into my rig. As others have said, mine also required no adjustments. It was fine just the way it came. I could feel the "little kid" smile on my face as I started sending with it. What a pleasure! I cannot imagine a better value for your money, especially in this lousy economy. Get one while you can! You won't be sorry. This little guy will be in my shack for a long time to come. Solid brass and stainless steel construction, made here in the U.S. by a fellow ham. Stays put on the desk and looks great too! Not to mention the excellent service you get from Tom. What more could you want? If I could give this a 6 rating I would!

KC2OTX Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2010 21:06 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Exceptionally well built. I have been using it portable with my FT-817 and it is great. Sturdy and the size and weight are perfect for portable( and fixed) ops. I keep mine in a plastic travel soap dish, fits just right and protects it. Tom is great to deal with,a FB CW man. I'm looking at some of his other keys next... Larry, now W2DDG

VE4AMN Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2010 10:06 Send this review to a friend
Simple and sweet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This simple key has a good feel. The base is heavy enough to prevent movement across the table, but the whole unit is small enough to pack on a trip. Tom is a very careful and responsive shipper and was willing send a replacement when the original shipment appeared lost (but actually was hung up clearing customs). I recommend this key without reservation.

N3SCR Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2008 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What a great little paddle!! I didn’t even adjust it…… took it out of the box and started practicing. I am accustomed to a bencher paddle with triangular finger pieces but once I got use to the small rubber pads on the Vizkey paddle, all was good!
The movement is very smooth and the arms provide ample feedback. This is a quality piece of amateur equipment……. For just $45.00!!!
I have made a few ragchew style contacts with a QRP rig and the Vizkey and so far I've had no complaints about my fist…… that’s all I can ask of any key.
I purchased the Vizkey for portable operation and I think it will work very well for that application.