Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vizkey Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for Vizkey Paddle
Vizkey Paddle Reviews: 19 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $55
Description: Compact paddle made from solid brass, Micarta© brand electrical insulation board and stainless steel.
More info: http://vizkey.com/

You can write your own review of the Vizkey Paddle.

WB0WLS Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2008 21:28 Send this review to a friend
Small but MIGHTY!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Perfect...right out of the box...no adjustments...plug and play. Most all of the good points of this little guy have been mentioned.

The BIG feature for me about the VizKey is that it stays put. I suppose it is due to no paddles hanging out past the base. I can bang this thing from side to side and it seems as if it is glued to the table. I certainly don't have to worry about using a light touch.

This is just a joy to use. Super key, your choice of plug (1/4 or 1/8) already attached, shipping included and quick delivery...all for only $45.

GET ONE ... you will have a blast.

K0VP Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2008 18:46 Send this review to a friend
Good value  Time owned: months
This paddle incorporates a simple and rugged design. It's small size makes it perfect for packing along on any trip. I will be using it with my KX1

W2LJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2008 10:04 Send this review to a friend
Great for portable ops!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the Vizkey paddle specifically with portable operations in mind. I keep my K1 in my car and use it during lunch breaks at work. I also take it on vacation with us when we go up to Lake George in upstate NY each summer. The Vizkey paddle is perfect for this! Heavy enough to feel substantial; but light enough so that you don't regret bringing it along. It has a keying feel akin to more expensive desk paddles. If you're looking for a great key to take with you while you're travelling - this is the one to get! I got mine about 3 years ago - at that time Tom was affiixing a little plate to the base with your callsign. I don't know if he's still doing that; but I sure thought it was a great touch. Kind of like icing on the cake!

Let me put it this way .... I'm so satisfied with Tom's workmanship and quality of product, that I am now saving up to purchase one of his bugs.

KC8YLJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2007 07:16 Send this review to a friend
Simple & Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered & received #97 in 3 days, well packed (my grandson could use the packing) like the size & weight, I cut a piece of rubberized shelf liner for under it as it has a tendency to slide, Easy for me (a beginner) to use, no major adjustments which is fine with me, would definitly reccommend as a first key or to use as qrp with a back pack rig. Thanks a lot Tom & 73 (Herb kc8ylj)

W5HLH Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2007 09:13 Send this review to a friend
A lot of paddle for a little money!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've long been looking for a paddle to use with my FT-817 for portable operation. I've tried a couple, but they were too flimsy or too light for me; I don't like sending CW with a converted paper clip!

The Vizkey is what I've been looking for. It has a solid brass base that doesn't hop around as you send, and the solid construction lets me know I'll be using this one for a while.

I received it via priority mail less than 72 hours after ordering-----you can't beat that for service!

At $40, this paddle is a steal. I don't think you can find anything comparable for under $100.

AA2LD Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2007 08:24 Send this review to a friend
Glad I bouht one  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very nicely made, excellent service, and an attractive paddle. This key isn't meant to compete with the very expensive keys but is a very nice key for the shack or on the road. I am very glad I bought one and it is very definitely a nice hand made key to show off. Thank you.

WX5NCO Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2007 07:53 Send this review to a friend
Need a 6 rating for AWESOME!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had the 'bug' to re-learn cw and do some dx chasing. So, I have been looking online for a key or paddle for a while. I have seen some paddles that are inexpensive, but they looked tiny. One day, I did a google search for paddles and saw Tom's site. For the price, it looked like I would get a lot of bang for my buck.

I put it on order, and had it in the mail 3 days later. I love the packing job Tom did on this!! The paddle was as advertized. Good heavy brass base with rubber feet. Rubber 'feet' used as finger pads. I can't wait to get a day off so I can make some contacts!

N5EAT Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2006 21:46 Send this review to a friend
really nice feel  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked mine up from Tom in person. We live about 10 miles apart. I got it home and hooked it up. It works really well, has a really nice feel to it. In short, I can send really good code with this thing. For home use, you really need to put it on a surface which won't allow it to move around - it's small and light. Tom said you could actually throw this thing in the washer and wouldn't hurt it. A very nice little keyer. Tom makes some snazzy bugs as well for really serious collectors. He showed me a vertical unit which was really superb.

WE5F Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2006 21:09 Send this review to a friend
Nifty!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm surprised no one has reviewed the Vizkey Paddle. Mine is serial #087. Tom, K4VIZ, manufactures and assembles this minimalist compact squeeze paddle from basic materials. It measures only 2" x 3-1/2" and has a solid brass base weighing half a pound. This is more than enough to keep the paddle from moving around. The rigid metal arms do not offer adjustable spacing or tension but come with a nice, stiff feel as is. The paddle also carries a minimalist price tag and even comes prewired with a 3' pigtail and miniplug. Definitely the most bang for the buck.