Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Manson SPS-9600/9602, MAAS SPS-9600, MyDEL MP-9600. Help

Reviews Summary for Manson SPS-9600/9602, MAAS SPS-9600, MyDEL MP-9600.
Manson SPS-9600/9602, MAAS SPS-9600, MyDEL MP-9600. Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $*Start from 219 EUR
Description: Manson SPS-9600, MAAS SPS-9600, MyDEL MP-9600 (In UK).

This all completely identical devices. Differ only color of the case. It seems to me that they are made by one manufacturer, and then they are on sale under different marks.

SPS-9600

SPS-9602
Variable Output Voltage
1 - 15 V DC

1 - 30 V DC
Total Rated Output Current ( Main output + Front Output )
60A

30A
Rated Output current ( Main Output )
60A

30A
Rated Output Current ( Front Output )
5A

3A
Load Regulation ( Main Output )
0.1% + 5mV
Line Regulation ( Main Output )
0.05% + 3mV
Ripple & Noise ( peak-peak )
50mV p-p
Input Voltage
230V AC / 50Hz (or on request)
Efficiency
Special feature
Remote Sensing, Remote output voltage control and *on/off*
* Remote on/off only for production after October 2004 *
Approvals CE-EMC : EN 55022, CE-LVD: EN 60950
Dimensions ( W x H x D ) 220 x 110 x 360 (mm)
Weight 5.8 Kgs
Remarks Power factor correction >= 0.97 at optimal load

Price start at 219 EUR on de www.eBay.de, and de part number: 140002639661. Which is presented: http://www.e-radioshop.de/

73! de 4Z5PM.
More info: http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http://www.mw-funktechnik.de/index.php%3Fdir%3Ddetails%26pid%3D1423%26cat%3DR535%26m_curr%3DR535%26hcurr%3D&prev=/language_tools

You can write your own review of the Manson SPS-9600/9602, MAAS SPS-9600, MyDEL MP-9600..

VK2FRO Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2009 23:35 Send this review to a friend
Nice 40A supply. Noisy fan though!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am happy with this supply, the only gripe is the fan is noisy. This was easily recitified by replacing it with a quieter fan salvaged from a defunct PC power supply (its a common 12Vdc fan).

OE5NIP Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2008 13:35 Send this review to a friend
It`s OK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi!

I bought it yesterday, its ok, I have no problems with it, the fan ist a little loud, but ok.

VR2XMC Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2008 04:33 Send this review to a friend
It works well for me  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have not experienced any problems mentioned by previous reviewers. I am using it to power my Elecraft K2, K3, IC910H and IC756pro3. The power supply works well and does not generate any RFI to my rigs at all.

VR2CH Rating: 2/5 Mar 4, 2008 19:23 Send this review to a friend
not recommended for hams  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the SPS-9400 power supply with digital LED displays. First I found the cooling fan is on all the time and is noisy. Factory engineers were not helpful to solve this problem.

Next, there were RFI radiating from the supply which I guessed leaks from the polycarbon front panel. Although the case is made of metals, the front panel does not have a layer of conductive spays to prevent RFI into the shack. Operating a transistor am/fm radio nearby will experience heavy interference.

The voltage output also has high noise level of about S-9 on my IC-718 under 10MHz. Some bands have higher noise than others but I could not find a "quiet" frequency from 0.1-30Mhz. The supply renders my transceiver useless.

After opening the case, I could not find any EMI filters on the DC output path which might explains the problem.

I took the supply to the factory office which is located in Hong Kong and they shipped the set back to Shenzhen for checking.

To my surpise, they came back telling me that the supply radiates RFI but is prefectly working and camplies with their specifications. They refused to do anything further.

Although the catalog claims it is suitable for use in radio equipment, the Manson staff said they can't do anything for me. What a bad attitude of service which is so rare nowadays.

I also purchase the SPS-8041 and it has the same problems. High RFI levels radiates well into the UHF spectrum. The catalog also claims it is suitable for CB Radios and scanners!

I also have other Manson's non-switching power supplies but their design, quality and workmanship all need improvments.

G0MJW Rating: 4/5 May 25, 2007 14:49 Send this review to a friend
Good but noisy fan  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The supply appears to work well, it is light for the output power and does not appear to make RF hash. However, the noise from the cooling fan, which is on all the time, is rather disturbing.

Also, the output voltage is variable. This is good, but the control knob turns quite freely and it might be easy to accidentally turn the voltage up too high.