Reviews Categories | Microphones | SENNHEISER MODEL E-835 Help

Reviews Summary for SENNHEISER MODEL E-835
SENNHEISER MODEL E-835 Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$149.99
Description: Lead vocal stage mic, designed to perform under pressure. Uniform frequency pick-up pattern maintains signal quality when moving on and off axis during performance. Gentle presence boost to even tonal response ensures clarity and projection. Minimal proximity effect provides consistently clear bass and performance when talking closer to or further from capsule
More info: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/

You can write your own review of the SENNHEISER MODEL E-835.

KD2JF Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2015 18:51 Send this review to a friend
Smooth, clear audio...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this mic with my Yaesu FTDX-1200 combined with the Heil xlr harness. I originally bought it for PA use with my band. Glad I gave it a try as I am getting great audio reports. I am using the internal EQ on the rig to just add a gentle boost around 3K. The e835 does not suffer from close talking. It stays clear regardless of your distance from it. A Sennheiser trait. Surprisingly good SSB mic.

N4WGY Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2014 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Microphone  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased my Sennheiser e835 new in the box from a local Craigslist seller, paid $50. I am used to getting very nice audio reports from using the stock hand mic with my TS-2000 utilizing the internal mic equalization controls. With the e835 I am now often getting audio reports with statements like; "broadcast quality", "very deep and rich". This mic does have very strong lows. The case and basket design quality are excellent. It is somewhat heavy, feels good in the hand, needs a stand or boom. Is easy to disassemble the basket for cleaning. I believe it to be a super performer, the relative low price is a big bonus.

K4JC Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2012 11:21 Send this review to a friend
It's exactly what I wanted!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm not looking for broadcast quality audio, but I want good, smooth clear audio on HF. For the past few years I've used a Heil Goldline, and while it's a definite improvement over the stock mic it still didn't have that clarity I wanted.

Recently I tried a Behringer Ultravoice XM8500 - a $20 mic that sounds great; actually a bit better than the Heil! But still, not quite the sound I sought. After some more research (including the eHam reviews) I decided to try a Sennheiser e835. They can be purchased new for around $100 but I was fortunate to find one on Ebay in excellent condition for $25. I plugged it into my Yaesu FT-920 and proceeded to play with the mic eq, only to find it sounded best (to me) with no eq at all. The very first contact I made using the Sennheiser said, "Wow! Your audio sounds great! What kind of rig are you using?" The second contact (a station in Italy) said I had "very, very nice audio". These were completely unsolicited comments.

It looks like the Heil and the Behringer are going back into the closet. I've found my winner!

N4YX Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2012 13:45 Send this review to a friend
Top Notch  Time owned: more than 12 months
I currently have two of these and also have an e845. Excellent Mics. (Note: I had one years ago that was horrible because someone had replaced the element with a substandard non-Sennheiser element. It was garbage.)

K8JHR Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2011 12:43 Send this review to a friend
Super microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent microphone costing 100 Dollars St. price, sometimes less. Wonderful fit and finish, feels heavy and luxurious in the hand, and provides rich, realistic sound capture. Excellent microphone for many purposes, especially ham radio. I use mine for both ham radio and with speech recognition computer software. High-quality, Excellent value, highly recommended. There is no way you need a better, more expensive microphone than this one.

// K8JHR //

N1UJS Rating: 4/5 Dec 28, 2009 17:19 Send this review to a friend
Smooth and natural  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wired this mike directly (no equalization, preamp, or processing) to my TS-850 and my FT-726.
On both rigs the audio was greatly improved over anything else I'd had on them, including the Icom SM-8 which usually makes anything sound good.
On the Kenwood, I find using the "high boost" button adds some "life" to the otherwise flat response, and even with the processor engaged (though ever so slightly) it sounds fairly natural.
The Ft-726 was a perfect match as is.....turn the microphone gain to where it just starts to blink the modulation lamp, then just back it off a hair, and it's perfect!
Good mike.

N3JBH Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2006 10:48 Send this review to a friend
smooth and wonderful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The E-835 is a smooth and wonderful German work of art. Wow it was really intended to be a lead vocal stage microphone. It has a very clear and clean sound too it. It is not fussy about being off axis or about placement. It truly is a wonder microphone for boom mounting. Features include a built in hum filter and there famous falcon ring.

If you really want to be heard the way you sound this mic is it. If your looking to sound like some thing your not then it may not be for you. It does not add any funny sound enhancements like make you sound very deep voiced or make you the worlds best broadcaster. What it does do is simply make you sound exactly like you our. And thatís all I asked.