Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | ICOM America Service Center - Southeast Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM America Service Center - Southeast
Reviews: 27 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Amateur(excluding IC-7800), Marine, Receiver. This location does not stock parts and accessories for purchase. Please call Icom America Inc. (Bellevue, WA) for all parts and accessory inquiries.
Accepts VISA, Mastercard.
Only services products received from within the U.S. No out of country repairs accepted
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/support/service_centers.asp

You can write your own review of the ICOM America Service Center - Southeast.

W4RS Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2017 10:40 Send this review to a friend
top notch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i bought a used ic-7410 and had it sent to paul for a checkout before carring the radio to the philippines. paul went through the radio fixing whatever needed to be fixed. very fair rate, great to communicate with.

AA4TZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2014 05:17 Send this review to a friend
Pleasant, professional, knowledgeable service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my Icom-703Plus with no power out on all bands and all modes.The radio was very quickly diagnosed and repaired. A bias mod was also performed to minimize future problems. The repair,communication, shipping and pricing were all excellent. Paul is knowledgeable, pleasant and capable. A respected and recommended service center.

KR4ZT Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2013 09:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my Icom 746Pro to Paul for repair of the CI-V output signal.
Paul called with the repair details and adjustments made to factory specs. Radio was quickly returned with a very reasonable invoice.
Nice to have such qualified service service close by.

K4DZR Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2012 05:20 Send this review to a friend
NICE JOB PAUL!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Paul repaired my IC-7000 and ICOM 706MKIIG on the same repair order. He was able to cover my IC-7000 under warranty even though it was past the warranty period. He brought my 706MKIIg back to life. His charge was extremely fair and turn around time was excellent. Thanks Paul...well done.

KD8IGK Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2012 15:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My ICOM radio was acting very strange, then after a 15 minute warm up all was normal.

I sent my ICOM 7200 in for a repair. The ICOM tech tested it completely and told me he can find nothing wrong.

He was correct! I discovered after I had sent it in that my power supply had failed. Even though the meters on the power supply indicated all along there was plenty of power. So, ICOM sent my radio it back to me and with a new 50 Amp Astron supply it all checked out. I feel I was treated well and with respect.

The power supply was sent back to the popular and inexpensive factory for repair and I will keep that one as back up going forward.

W4YJ Rating: 0/5 Feb 4, 2012 15:09 Send this review to a friend
Don't use him!  Time owned: more than 12 months
For some reason EHAM has decided has decided to delete my review I wrote a couple of years ago. I contacted Paul about fixing my 756 Pro3. I told him there was a problem with the ALC in the rig. Also, there was a missing pot on the board (I had bought this rig used). I wanted him to replace the missing pot. After shipping it to him I decided to contact him about the repair by telephone. He told me that the transmit was dead and I would need a 500 dollar board to repair it! When I sent it to him all I wanted was him to repair the ALC problem and replace the pot. The transmitter was working fine with normal output. After being informed that I needed a new 500 dollar board, I told him to send it back to me. When I got the rig back, I decided to open it up and check it out. Indeed the transmitter was dead. Upon closer examination, I discovered that when he replaced the missing pot, his sloppy soldering had flowed over to short out a diode nearby! After cleaning up his mess the transmitter worked again!. Not only was I out the cost of shipping the rig to him, he charged me over 100 dollars to do the "work" and plus charged me again for shipping back! To say I was unhappy with him would be an understatement. If you need ICOM service, just send it to WA state!!!

NM8D Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2011 00:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used Paul twice now for my Icoms.
All i can say is excellent service and fair prices.
Michael
nm8d

K2VF Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2010 07:21 Send this review to a friend
Fast and Pleasant Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had a problem with my Icom 746 Pro and Paul was recommended to me by several fellow hams. I sent the rig on a Tuesday and received it back in 1 week to the day. I also spoke to him and found him to a straight shooter and pleasant to deal with. When I told him I was thinking of buying a another Icom and had trouble in deciding he spent 10 minutes with me guiding my selection based on his experiences. Bottom line the repair was done right and super fast and with no drama.

K1KC Rating: 2/5 Jul 16, 2010 13:10 Send this review to a friend
Never Again  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used Paul's services a few times over the years, and had no trouble, until now. Paul is an excellent technician...that is not in question. However, some of the other things he does are beyond belief! I know I won't be trusting him with my credit card information again! Nor will I be using his services at all. 'You pays your money and you takes your chances'. I hope you have a better experience than I did. Good luck.

WC4X Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2010 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service, Fair price, Professional service shop  Time owned: more than 12 months
My 756 Pro 3 took a close lightning strike. Fortunately, all worked fine except for the CI V interface, which was fried. I called Paul and being only 70 miles away, drove the rig to his shop. The service I received was definitely above and beyond the call and a very pleasant experience. He fixed it while I waited and gave the rig a once over to insure no other major faults were present. His shop is very professional with excellent test equipment and Paul knows what he is doing. The price for service was more than fair and I would highly recommend him for any Icom amateur radio service issues.