Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | ICOM America Service Center - Southeast Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM America Service Center - Southeast
Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Amateur(excluding IC-7800), Marine, Receiver. This location does not stock parts and accessories for purchase. Please call Icom America Inc. (Bellevue, WA) for all parts and accessory inquiries.
Accepts VISA, Mastercard.
Only services products received from within the U.S. No out of country repairs accepted
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/support/service_centers.asp

You can write your own review of the ICOM America Service Center - Southeast.

KB4TXW Rating: 1/5 Oct 21, 2009 16:35 Send this review to a friend
Poor customer service.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I contacted the Icom Southeast Service Center about repairing my Icom 751A. I called and left a voice mail and four days later still had no reply. I called again and got some guy who told me "do me a favor and don't send it to me." He stated that he was running a month behind and to send it to someone he named in Oregon for repair. I live in NC and did not want to ship it that far. I did not like his attitude at all and after reading the other reviews here I'm glad I didn't send it. I guess some people's business is so good these days they can afford to turn down work.

KE4ECN Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2009 20:03 Send this review to a friend
Icom 756 pro2 repair fast and fair!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my Icom 756 pro II to Paul on a monday for an intermittent transmit problem and he has the rig fixed and returned to me by friday! Wow that was fast. I had a 2nd unrelated problem 2 months later and the turn around time was just as impressive and Paul fixed a very hard problem for a very fair price. Thanks Paul and I would highly recommed his service to anyone!

KE5QKR Rating: 4/5 Apr 19, 2009 21:04 Send this review to a friend
Good Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent a dead transmit 746PRO rig that was still under warranty to this center. Got it back in one piece within 1 week working. Never had to talk to anyone. No hassels or issues.

KE5QKR

KD7TSO Rating: 0/5 Mar 18, 2009 18:28 Send this review to a friend
Service sucks  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Sent a Icom 7000 with warranty problem of overheating. At first he claimed he never received my rig. 1 week latter emailed me said he found my rig. After about 2 months radio was returned in pieces with a note stating nothing was found wrong with my rig. I called and talked to him on the phone and this guy has no people skills and, refused to replace my rig. If your Icom needs service send it to Bellevue Wa.

WB2HNP Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2008 11:59 Send this review to a friend
Best Service EVER!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I fried my 756 Pro III when I tried the tuner on 75 meters with an SWR that had to be insane.

Shipped the rig on Weds, it was back in my door the following Weds. OUTSTANDING service from a true professional.

GREAT Service!

KI4CRA Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2008 16:14 Send this review to a friend
Great, Fast, Service!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Kudos to Icom Service Center Southeast. My 8 month old IC-746Pro, died 2 weeks ago today. Sent it in the following Monday after talking with Paul. I received my Pro fixed ready to go back in service today! WOW, what can I say, but thanks to Paul W6XA and the folks in Anderson, SC.

W4OP Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2008 09:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After buying an SPE-Expert amplifier, I discovered my CI-V port was not working on my PRO III. As Paul is only an hour or so away, I delivered it to him directly.
He pretty well knew what the problem was w/o opening the rig. It was quickly repaired and I had the pleasure of another eyeball QSO when I picked up the PRO.
Fantastic technical knowledge- and not too shabby a DXer either.

Thanks Paul,

Dale W4OP

KE4ZHN Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2008 21:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service and a pleasure to do business with  Time owned: more than 12 months
About a year ago I sent my 756 Pro to Paul to repair a minor receiver issue. He was very pleasant to deal with on the phone and the turn around was fantastic. He repaired my rig in a week and had it back to me good as new. Its been fine ever since his repair. I would gladly send another rig to him for repair if I cant fix it myself as Im not equipped for surface mount. Hopefully, I wont have to...but if trouble happens, its good to know guys like Paul are there to do quality work.

KB4XX Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2008 16:29 Send this review to a friend
Great service - fast turnaround!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My IC-703 took a fall during my last camping trip and sustained physical damage (ouch!). I shipped the radio to Paul on Friday after I got back home - got it back, repaired and working perfectly, the next Thursday. Highly recommended!

PG00023016 Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2008 13:24 Send this review to a friend
Good Experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
The turn around time was just over two weeks. I'm so glad to have my rig back. the fee was lower than expected. Would do buisness again but hope I don't have to!