Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | microKEYER 2R Plus, MK2R+ Help

Reviews Summary for microKEYER 2R Plus, MK2R+
microKEYER 2R Plus, MK2R+ Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: All-In-One USB Two Radio Controller with an innovative dual codec USB sound system!

Now get radio control, hardware FSK, flexible receive audio switching, digital voice keyer, WinKey 2 CW keyer and all the other advanced features you would expect in an SO2R controller from microHAM.
More info: http://www.microham-usa.com/Products/mk2r.html

You can write your own review of the microKEYER 2R Plus, MK2R+.

K0XQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2017 23:50 Send this review to a friend
Sets the standard for SO2R  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had it now for 5-6 years, and I have barely scratched the surface of what it is capable of doing. It replaces just about everything else one would need to interface two rigs to the shack computer. It literally does everything short of boiling a few eggs for breakfast.

If they ever let a serious contester do a full review of the MK2R+ in QST, no one would buy anything else.

N3MX Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2009 09:32 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This replaced a rigblaster pro, rigblaster plus, dunestar head phone switch, microphone switch, an I-mate and a whole slew of cabling. This thing is very slick. I have had it for 8 months now and love it. I can't imagine a better SO2R controller. To me it is worth every penny and the support by Joe W4TV of Microham-usa is outstanding. On numerous occasions he has been quite patient with helping me configure the MK2R+ for my station equipment. If you need an SO2R controller this is the one to get hands down.
73 Steve N3MX

W1CDX Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2008 13:26 Send this review to a friend
first Class ... UFB  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
before I baught this, I had a Microkeyer II which worked really really well.

...now SO2R Contesting got the better of me and I purchased this Interface to do the work for me. I expected nothing else from Microham but first rate gear and this 2-Radio Interface is THE FINEST.
Alone the housing of this unit is first class...precision Mashined knobs and push buttons, everything works amazingly good. Setup is easy (after you download the Contest-Software/Microham Instructions), and if you have any Questions ... Joe Subich (Yahoo User group "Microham") is allways there ... with effective answers.

Seriously ... if you are going SO2R, then get this. You will not be sorry.

As a matter of fact...if I need any type of switching gear...I allways check Microhams website first to see if they offer it... Thats how good their Equipment is. And you can bet any money that my next TaxReturn check will buy their new StationMaster Box. I can't wait.
73 Steve, W1CDX

ON5ZO Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2007 23:52 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
**This is a copy of my review in the Contesting Hardware section **

The MK2R+ has brought me SO2R in the three modes, all from one box. Being familiar with the other excellent microHAM products, I didnít want to buy any other brand for this contesting accessory. It was worth the waiting! I have the MK2R+ in use for little over 3 months now and tried it for RTTY, SSB voice keying and of course CW, my main activity.

The unit works great and I think it has everything on board that you need for serious SO2R contesting in the three modes.

As with all the microHAM products, the quality and finish of the overall product and the components used is really superb.
On the engineering side, the MK2R / MK2R+ is very well thought over. Software and firmware updates can add new features. The device has many options, parameters and is very flexible. This adds to the complexity of getting it to work. It's a bit more than a relay and a switch, so the setup is accordingly. But no fear: the user interface of the USB router software is very graphical and the manual is (over) complete.

Add to that the outstanding support of the microHAM team. You can count on a prompt reply to your questions and assistance to solve your problems, should you encounter some.

When it comes to SO2R the MK2R+ offers a lot of security. It is impossible to accidentally transmit on the same band with both rigs or have 2 signals on the air simultaneously (unless you disable SO2R or bypass the MK2Rís logic, which does not fall under 'accident').
There are a lot of possible audio switching scenarios, and I have some of them at hand under hotkeys on the front panel. Change switching with one button!

If you consider buying a new SO2R controller or change the old one, you should really check out the MK2R(+). It works great here and I am very pleased with it.

73 de Franki ON5ZO

N0XB Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2007 17:35 Send this review to a friend
Superb performance!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I hate to the first review of something, but then again, I have nothing but good things to say, so here goes.

It Works. Every time, all the time. Having tried the high buck competitor, this MK2+ is absolutely bullet proof.

It replaces 6 different pieces of equipment in my shack. Keyer, R/L headphone controler, SO2R controller, FSK RTTY boxes, dual soundcards and voice keyer! And it does all this with ONE USB connection to my computer.

Serial port problems anyone? Not enough Com ports is a common occurance in our shacks. Not with MK2+. microHAM's Router software enables up to 30, yes 30, virtual comports for your controller and software applications. RTTY, PSK, Voice keying, etc., all handled with consumate ease. No more USB to serial adaptors that often plague us. I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

This MK2+ with its built in soundcards is an easy fix for the SSB contester. It's so easy, and the sound reproduction is natural and even. You can pre-record your CQ's and responses, or do it on the fly from your station mic. Easy.

FSK RTTY is a dream, and if you're like me and like to run SO2R, any mode, but especially RTTY you're going to love this box!

OK, you get the idea. After struggling for hours with the nearest competitor, and never getting it to work, I was amazed that the MK2R+ worked flawlessly the first time.

It takes a while to understand the power of the Router software, but the support from Jozef and Joe is suberb, and the guys on the reflector are knowlegeable and patient.

I recommend this microHAM MK2R+ to you. It's simply suberb.