Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Force 12 C-4XLD Help

Reviews Summary for Force 12 C-4XLD
Force 12 C-4XLD Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $1,999.00
Description: DELTA-4XL (NEW NAME)
More info: http://www.force12inc.com

You can write your own review of the Force 12 C-4XLD.

K5LG Rating: 3/5 Sep 11, 2013 16:43 Send this review to a friend
good antenna in some ways  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the c4xl antenna up since the mid to late 90s. It was easy to put together, however a couple of parts where missing and we had to fabricate them. After several years in use the 40m reflecter boom rivets broke and the reflector was on the ground. We replaced the reflector using bolts. About 2009 another element rivets broke loose and it would rotate on the boom. Finally I had all the element to boom rivets replaced with bolts.

Performce is about what one would expect from two element monobander on 20, 15, 10m. Forty meters the beam has really worked well. I listen to my qrp signal on 40m using the internet radio in the Netherlands. On 30m it does not work well and 17m is like a dipole and 12m does work all the well.

performance is what is advertised, except it was better on forty than I expected

contruction ... the rivets seem to be a good idea but not with long elements.

the origanal manufacturer never sent the missing parts, however the new guy in texas has aways been helpful.

I understand the new c-4xld has some if not all the problems I mention rectified.

N5GOD Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2012 15:14 Send this review to a friend
Follow up from the 1st review  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the antenna up since the last review I made. The antenna performs great, I must say by far and away the best performing antenna I have ever had in the air that covers so many bands. It will work 10,15,17,20 and 40 without a tuner and 12 meters with a tuner. The performance is great the only complaints I have is listed in the first review.

K6YE Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2005 08:05 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME YAGI  Time owned: more than 12 months
I acquired mine in order to combine both 40 and 20 through 10 meters on a single boom. I had been using KLM KT34A and KLM 40M2 yagis. At first glance, the C4XLD did not look as robust as KLM (2" FORCE12 versus 3" KLM boom). I thought that maybe I had made a big mistake. I added the optional relay box for 40 meters for full CW and SSB coverage. With the help of two hams, we built and hoisted this beast on a HG-54HD crank-up tower. Frank Green, KA4CNF, was key in getting rid of all the kinks we encountered (Yup, Murphy was alive and well). At 50 feet, and running barefoot with a YAESU FT-1000D, it was flat from edge to edge on all bands. The F/B seems to be really good although I did not make any measurements. The 40 meter relay box is a great addition and does its stuff well.

The winds here in Colorado can be brutal but so far the yagi has withstood some really bad gusts. I hope as time passes that I can continue to make this claim.

While I looked at other yagis, the only other one I gave serious considereation was the FLUIDMOTION MONSTIR. However my existing tower would not have supported it (not to mention the flak my XYL, also a ham, exuded regarding the $4K yagi price tag plus the cost of a new tower). For the money and smaller footprint, the C4XLD fills the bill. If you are looking for a great antenna, do consider this one. If you can find one at reasonable price, grab it quickly. You will not be disappointed as it is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

TOMMY - K6YE
DX IS

N6PSN Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2002 18:24 Send this review to a friend
Very good antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
The antenna sits at 75' and works great.1st qth I had it at 40' and it did good.No problems with antenna its 3 years old & been up here 1 year.

KC9UMR Rating: 2/5 Oct 25, 2002 22:07 Send this review to a friend
works good.... when its in one piece  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ours (I say ours, this is for a club station)(the 100 MPH version) has been in the air for about 5 years. When it was purchased, we paid for the 100MPH version, but found no way to tell if we actually got it, or got the 80 MPH version. Recently, it was noticed that the SWR was quite high on 20Meters. Upon inspection, it was found that the 20 Meter reflector was laying 50 feet below the antenna on the roof of the building. The Mast to boom rivets were the ones installed AT THE FACTORY, to my knowledge, and all of these RIVETS sheared off. I think using some form of bolt and lockwasher would have been MUCH better than RIVETS. If the antenna stays in one piece, it's great. Now we have to spend between 3 and 600 dollars to get a tower climber. School Rules.

K1VV Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2000 11:08 Send this review to a friend
C-4XLD, easy construction, great manual and suppor  Time owned: unknown months
After getting beat out by Force 12 antennas in the last few contests .. we had an 11 year old Mosley PRO67A .. we finally bought a Force 12 ...
We just completed our Force 12 C-4XLD.. 100 mph model ...weighs about 95 lbs ... on a 68 ft Rohn foldover... all the telescoping elements are riveted ..all the elements pieces are clearly marked .. for easy construction ... no tip pieces falling off due to screws falling out ... the mounting brackets on the boom are pre-riveted in place by the manufacturer .. boom is 30 feet long ...boom matching sections all pre-drilled and all the holes lined up ..all the elements are perfectly horizonal.. cannot twist out of position... the manual is complete and concise.. good illustrations ...and above all... NO missing parts. SWR on all bands is as specified or better.
We have only just put it up .. so it will take the next contest or two to see how we do ..now we expect to be on a competitive level with the other local Force 12s ...
73 Whitey K1VV