Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Puxing Help

Reviews Summary for Puxing
Puxing Reviews: 47 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $70.00 (approximately)
Description: 2m/70cm HT's
More info: http://www.pxdz.com/2006/english/index.asp

You can write your own review of the Puxing.

AF2DX Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2015 21:04 Send this review to a friend
ONE NICE HT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased mine just to see what these China HT's will do.
They are small so they make the antenna shorter but it does not work that well.
I did get it along with the longer dual band antenna and MIC,plus the HD battery for just under $100.00.
I also have the other China HT's and the BAOFENG.
That Baofeng as just to many UV5R versions.
I started playing around with the PX888K cheat sheet and I got one repeater in memory so I kept going while the steps were fresh in my mind.
In a half hour I had 6 repeaters programmed and never had to use any cord or software.
I'm reading up now on the PX777k and since their cheap in price I just may get that.
It's not water proof but I used it doing SAR when that big Sandy storm hit us.
I had it just about 3 years and never had a problem.
Well built and very reliable HT from China
BOB AF2Q

G4YVM Rating: 4/5 Sep 25, 2011 03:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent radio for the price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The only thing wrong with the Puxing VHF / UHF, and I mean the ONLY thing, is that the base of the antenna gets hot on Tx. Whether this is RF heating in the coil or whether it is heat being dissipated from the body I do not know yet. Clearly Trio, Yaesu et al build theirs from metal for a reason!

Either way, the little Puxing is a cracking radio and highly recommended.

KC9SRV Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2011 11:53 Send this review to a friend
Works great, cheap  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my Puxing for about a little more than a year and have been very happy with it. It works well and didn't cost much, everything a 2M HT should be.

W9CLL Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2011 07:09 Send this review to a friend
PX-2R UHF  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Small and light, excellent display and receive audio. Xmit audio is good with no muffling experienced. Well worth the price.

W4ETT Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2011 22:57 Send this review to a friend
Rugged..Great Value For The Money  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned my PX-777 for over a year now, and all I can say is "WOW". I've been using the HT for Military communications use the entire time and it has never failed to complete the mission. I'm the Chief of Communications for one of the units of the Tennessee State Guard and give it a VERY rough time under field conditions. If you are worried about the water resistance of the radio, just stick it in a gallon size zip-lock bag and you're good to go. Replacement parts for the unit (LCDs, Keypads, Knobs and the like) are also available from www.409shop.com where I do all of my business. The 1600 mah battery gives me over two days in normal use in the field, and is a heck of a lot lighter to carry a PRC-77 in my ruck like in the old days) I also use one with a simplex repeater in a plastic box along with a couple Gel Cells and it will run for a week.

It's true that it lacks certain bells and whistles, but at $67 USD shipped from HK, there's not a better value in the single band VHF market. My next purchase however will be the KG-UV1D dual bander for testing....I need 440 and monitoring of the FRS/GMRS frequencies as we support the county EOCs throughout the State of TN, and also FEMA and TEMA.

Now...if Argent Data coud just figure out how to shoehorn in one of their APRS units...Hmmm-I wonder? :)

G7EMD Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2010 01:41 Send this review to a friend
good all round  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE OWNED A PAIR OF PUXING 777+
AND THE ONLY THING I HAVE DONT LIKE IS
THAT THE CHARGER HAS ONLY ONE LED LIGHT
(IN COMMON WITH MOST CHARGERS)
WHICH CHANGES FROM RED TO GREEN WHEN CHARGING
IS FINISHD . GREAT AS LONG AS YOU NOT
RED GREEN COLOUR BLIND,LIKE ME!!!
I HAVE CHECK IF THE CHARGER IS STILL WARM
OR NOT TO SEE IF THE CHARGE IS COMPLETE.

N4CVX Rating: 4/5 Sep 18, 2010 16:39 Send this review to a friend
Works FB with APRS  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've built 5 APRS portable boxes in 50 caliber ammo cans for our local ARES group (wcares.com). The Puxing was purchased to replace the original Icom IC-2A which couldn't take the duty cycle and had only 1.5 watts. I have the battery adapter back attached and the power plug form that adapted to PowerPole terminals. It send data from a Byonics Tiny Tracker 2+ unit. Power is from two gelcel batteries inside th ammo can. There's photos of it on the WCARES web site. The rig produces a very clean data burst signal which I looked at on an analyzer. The two gelcells are sufficient to power the APRS box for about 10 hours before recharge is necessary. I recommend this radio for a stand-alone 24/7 APRS function. As long as it has power it will work fine.

KF7EUO Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2010 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Great little radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the UHF version of the PX-328 for a little over a year. Many operators comment on the reverse burst type squelch tail of the Motorola radio. When I tell them it is an ebay special, I hear amazement. I just ordered two new batteries ($10.00 ea!) as the original one will no longer take a charge, but that is the only issue I have had with this little rig.

KI4VLW Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2010 12:10 Send this review to a friend
Wife likes her new HT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the Puxing 777 Plus for my wife to carry in her purse. The reason I got it was the cost just in case she loses the radio. She loves the size and how lightweight this radio is. Also, no problems with progamming, transmitting, or receiving with this HT. I have several older Hams comment about the Puxing, how they like it and one is going to get one for his grandson who just got his ticket.

KJ4CYV Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2010 08:06 Send this review to a friend
PX-777  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had an Icom IC-91AD that I misplaced for about a year and was a ham without a 2-meter handheld! I did not want to buy some second-hand old brick from the 1980's, and I did not want to spend much either, at least until I could buy a 'real' radio again.

I picked up a PX-777 for about $75, including shipping. After using the Puxing for a year now, I absolutely love it! The menus are very easy to use, spare battery packs are CHEAP, and the radio works very well. Battery life on standby is excellent. The display is also easy to read without having to reach for my reading glasses. The only thing goofy about it is that it has a male SMA connector - I recommend you throw a double female SMA connector (or two)in your bag so you can use an upgraded or an external antenna connector with it.

Mine does not suffer from the low audio transmit volume problem caused by an undersized hole as others have mentioned. This problem may have been corrected when I bought mine.

I later bought the external handheld microphone and a few extra batteries, which have also worked well. While it feels cheap (because it is!) the external mike works well and I found that I prefer to use the radio with the external mike anyway.

The external mike is especially nice in the car when you have the radio plugged into an outside antenna - you don't have to drag the radio and attached antenna cable in front of your face every time to talk. The tiny mike is also much lighter, and you can hold it up to your ear if you are in a noisy vehicle or if you just want to keep the volume down if you have kids sleeping in the back of the car.

The programming software does its job, and the PX-777 2-meter radio can also be set to receive all the US weather and marine channels. Notice I said the word 'receive'...

I have also dropped it a few times with no problems afterward.