Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Puxing Help

Reviews Summary for Puxing
Puxing Reviews: 46 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $70.00 (approximately)
Description: 2m/70cm HT's
More info: http://www.pxdz.com/2006/english/index.asp

You can write your own review of the Puxing.

KE4DMO Rating: 4/5 Jan 27, 2010 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Puxing PX-777  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've received a PX-777 and I have to say that it works just fine. I can hit the repeaters and have been reported as full quieting. That's a lot of bang for the buck! This will be an excellent radio for someone that wants to get into ham radio buck don't have deep pockets!

NS1R Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2010 18:51 Send this review to a friend
outstanding deal  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got 4 of these for a cruise I took. I needed a way to stay in touch with the family and cell phones don't work in the open ocean. The price is the same as Fmaily radios and the quality is the same as the radios at the local ham store that are 3 times the price. I like the fact that they don't guage you on accesories like many manufacurers do. I am very pleased.

QUINNY Rating: 4/5 Jan 18, 2010 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Good for the money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought 5 of these for the local scout group who have 3 licencees amongst them. Ordered then from HK360Radio, at a cost of 215 ($350 at time of writing) including shipping. They came with 240v plug, drop in charger, speaker mic, ear bud mic and the customary 'Chinglish' manual. The bizarre thing was, they came in 3 lots over a 4 week period. Not impressed, however this review is about the product, not the terrible postal service.

When you open the box, you're met with a very impressive lot of goodies inside if you buy the package deal I bought. The radios came charged up and ready to go, so armed with the manual, I set off on the route of manual programming, which once mastered, is actually quite quick, although if I were to buy again, I would use the programme cable available seperately if I was going to programme a lot of repeaters in. The manual is a little complicated, in my opinion, and I sought the advice of a website I use where I know a lot of other people have bought this radio. I also locked them out so they can only use the ham band in the UK, as they come supplied 'open.'

Once finished, I did a comparison with a local station, both on the repeater and simplex, and I used my own Yaesu FT60 alongside them, but didn't tell him which one I was using. To my surprise, he preferred the Puxing!!!! Most disturbing considering the cost v the FT60. All 5 radios I used never suffered from the small hole syndrome of the internal mic, so maybe Puxing have now sorted it on newer models. Nice to see that Kenwood accessories fit them as well.

The VHF version puts out 5w maximum, and they do get a little warm after a while, so if you are very near a repeater, then try the low power option of 1w to keep the heat down and save the battery. The antenna is the SMA female variety.

They are as light a a feather, and seem extremely well built for the money, and I am seriously thinking of buying one as a back up. I have given it 4 in light of the dodgy manual.

So to summarise:

Pros:

Cheap to buy.
As good as one of the big names in performance.
Multi colour display.
Good audio.

Cons:

Antenna connector.
Built to a budget, but what do you expect?
Manual is a bit sketchy.

AD6WL Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2009 20:08 Send this review to a friend
Great little radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great little radio for the price. The best place to buy this radio is from https://www.argentdata.com/ This store is run by a ham and he provides great service.

KB9QDC Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2009 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Inexpensive and functional  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the Puxing 777 to replace the old HTX-202 that finally died. For the price, I was really surprised at the good quality. Initially I was frustrated with the "Chinglish" manual, but eventually got it figured out. The scan rate is painfully slow, as has been mentioned. but the audio quality is good (came with the hole already drilled!)and I am able to hit repeaters just as well as with my HTX-202. Seems to be fairly rugged, having survived a few drops to the floor already.

KF5EGM Rating: 4/5 Dec 10, 2009 22:23 Send this review to a friend
Pretty good first radio, only 1 complaint  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ok well this is my first radio, and though I've not got anything to compare it to I can tell it's a good little radio. I'm getting about 20 miles through terrain and cityscape to the repeater in the next town over (and a few other towns too) with a cheap 20 dollar radio shack mobile whip antenna posted on our old dish tv roof bracket. I am told this is doing quite well, and I've some very good reports on signal. The sound is great and it comes with a nice little ear piece. My one complaint is that you have to turn it off to set the transmit and receive frequencies to be different than the universal offset for all the stations. Not fun when adding repeaters or when you find a new one.
KF5EGM

M0CRU Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2009 00:47 Send this review to a friend
AS GOOD AS MY VERTEX  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
this radio is simple to programme, its does everything my yaesu does(and more), it sounds as good and cost 200 less!! work that out...
i get into a gb3cf repeater (60 miles) no problem, with the stock rubber duck antenna.
most people dont believe i am using a HT when i tell them...35 brand new, how can that not be good?

VE3RHD Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2009 16:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio For The Price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a PX-777 for $50cdn. Someone had them thinking they were regular family band radios, well they are unlocked 136-174mhz. They are only 5W but that is all you need to get into local repeaters. The rubber duck is pretty good for they radio. The only thing is, that if they are dropped too many times they stop working (hihi).
They are exeptionally good radios for $50. I would recommend this radio to any new ham and even older hams.

KF5CMI Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2009 19:59 Send this review to a friend
Great radio perfect size and cost.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the Puxing PX-777 VHF Based on reviews on EHAM. All though a lot of reviews say that the manual is hard to understand I found it clear as day. The one and only thing I found wrong with the radio is the pre set PL tones. I am also a firefighter and our repeater requires a 47.00 DPL tone and the radio dose not work on our stations side of the repeater. I have put this radio threw some test and it cheeks out okay on all. I would recommend this radio to any body.

N5VEG Rating: 4/5 Oct 4, 2009 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Better than expected!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got a Puxing yesterday at our local hamfest. It was nicely packaged. I didn't have any trouble programming it and I'm not the smartest tic on the dog. I could easily understand the instruction book. I like the size and front end of this unit. The knobs are big and adequately spaced (not like my Yaesu FT 60) and the antenna seems to work fine. I love the loud and crisp receive audio. The desk charger is a real plus which from other manufacturers is a costly accessory. Battery life is wonderful! I accidentally left it on overnight and this morning there were still 3 bars on the battery meter!

Overall, I think this is a fine little economy hand held worthy of use by new as well as seasoned hams.

Would I get another? Sure! Taking your family to the movies costs more!